• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

i no longer think youre below my level

when katakuri told luffy that he longer thinks he is below his luffy was he talking about his obsvervation haki or his power? if its the latter does this mean wci base luffy post katakuri fight> gear 4th dressrosa and start of katakuri fight

While I am sure Luffy got stronger during his fight with Katakuri, he was definitely not an equal opponent to Katakuri (at least without Gear 4th). Keep in mind, just before these words, he thought that Luffy made a mistake in combat, thus criticized and mocked him for his slip-up.

When the truth came to light, and Flampe was discovered to be the one who interrupted the fight, Katakuri found it shameful that he was going to win because of outside assistance, thus opting to injure himself to make-up for Luffy's injury inflicted only because of Flampe.

Despite this, his family and subordinates laughed at and ridiculed him. Meanwhile, Luffy never flinched at Kata's face, nor did he make a comment about it, or laugh at him. Luffy showed Katakuri respect, and this is why Katakuri says "I no longer believe that you are inferior to me". It's nothing about strength, it's about Katakuri returning the respect Luffy gave him.

Luffy isn't as strong as Katakuri, and this is proven through the montage of him being overpowered in each panel leading up to the reveal of Snake-Man. The point is that Luffy, despite taking many hits for hours, refused to go down, and Katakuri was allowing him to stand at every turn out of respect and honor.

With Luffy not using Gear 4th, Katakuri would have likely ended the fight very early into this 1-on-1, but he did not since it would bring him shame to defeat Luffy in anything less than his best. Only after Luffy entered Gear 4th again did Katakuri agree that it was time to wrap things up.

sounds something that great man of the seas would say if he explained it to his young son.

Back