• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I doubt that will become a butterfly - White Queen (Bloodsign) Volume 9 Revision

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
There are various updates to do to The White Quee's page, but before we get to the AP stuff that gives the thread the title let's first get to the weapon that is her namesake.

Why the Sword of Unsullied Truth is called what it's called
After the incidents in the last volume the White Queen was in something like a psychologically unstable state. As a result the sword of truth, her battle costume, demonstrates its individual function.

"First of all, I am having a hard time accepting what happened. Namely, that I was scolded by you and had my beloved brother taken from me. No matter how much my conscious mind tries to logically accept it, my subconscious pride will not allow it. That is how the heart works."

Shigara Masami of course had no intention of stealing Kyousuke for herself. In fact, she had intervened to help those two get along.

<Are you saying that subconscious part of you is controlling that cocoon ― the transformed version of your Sword of Truth?>

"The thing about that is…"

The White Queen started to point a finger at the cocoon expanding and growing in the distance, but she quickly stopped and pointed with her chin instead when she realized moving her arm left some things exposed.

"You could say that battle costume guarantees I am always right. That mass of violence will turn white to black or black to white for me. It normally changes form in response to my commands, but it is based on the 'weapons which, when used by their rightful owner, will fly around and achieve victory all on their own' which are found in Celtic, Norse, Alaskan, Japanese, and other mythologies. Although in this case, it is not bothering with choosing individual targets and likely intends to achieve victory by destroying the entire world, eliminating all that is unnecessary, and remaking everything again."

The Sword of Truth, the White Queen's battle uniform, has the divine power to guarantee she is always right even if that means turning white into black or vice versa. It normally obeys her commands, but it is essentially an item that automatically fights to bring her victory.
~ From the "Facts" sectio​

And the Sword of Truth, which was the White Queen's battle costume, was a force used to ensure she was always right. It would make white black or vice-versa. To do that, it would automatically fight and bring victory to its master. If it lacked something, it would construct that something to make all the necessary preparations.
There are several other statements like that, but you get the drill. The way things look I believe we can agree that the way it makes sure the Queen is always right is not truth manipulation, but instead something archived through destruction and (re)creation.

As such the White Queen should get Creation abilities.

AP stuff
As you read in the first post the Sword of Truth forms a giant white cocoon in this volume. The cocoon slowly expands and should it reach 10km in size it will be the end of the world, one way or another.

The interesting part is that we get various estimations of the Sword of Truth's and the White Queen's destructive power that way.

First we have the following:

Supernova

The Sword of Truth guarantees I am always right. It will continue to grow endlessly and meaninglessly as long as there is something I cannot accept and it could trigger a supernova if its 5km diameter reaches 10km.
~ Said by the White Quee​

According to a Government researcher named Maria Heartocean, the 5km cocoon's limit was 10km. If it grew beyond that, there was a risk of a supernova-level explosion.
~ Estimation by a skilled scientist​

The cocoon currently has a diameter of 5km. If it grows to 10km, it might produce a supernova-level explosion.
~ From a "Facts"-sectio​
So with this we first have pretty reliable statements of supernova level. How high is supernova level?

Well, the unit Foe that we also use in our AP chart is defined as the characteristic power of a supernova. So such an attack should have about 1 Foe of power. That would be Large Star level.

But that is actually just the low end estimation. There is also a high end one given.

Black Hole
Let's get straight to the quotes.

"Did you give this any thought at all!? Ahem. Anyway, that is the power that protects me. If it bursts in its current uncontrolled state, the best case scenario is a fireball large enough to fry the entire planet, but it might also produce enough gravity to create a black hole that swallows the entire solar system."
~ by White Queen​

The cocoon was the White Queen's battle costume, but it still had a limit. It looked stable at the moment, but that was only because the battle costume's incredible defensive power was containing the massive amount of energy inside. But what would happen once the dam cracked? In the worst case, this could form a black hole that would swallow up the entire solar system.
~ by Narrator​
A black hole that swallows the solar system is solar system level (both due to obvious reasons as also black hole calculation reasons).

Now one could debate whether or not the high end estimation isn't unreliable, with the low end estimation being better sourced, but it actually doesn't matter. The White Queen should be stronger than that either way, since she is and believes herself far more powerful than anything the Sword of Truth could produce. We will get to that quote a bit later. First:

Galaxy level
Nothing new of this volume, but relevant to the debate is the fact that the White Queen herself (as opposed to the far weaker Sword of Truth) already has Galaxy level statements.

Let's test out something you think has to be impossible. Let's test out something you have subconsciously kept in mind as something not even the White Queen could accomplish. I will relieve you of that delusion.

Oh, dear. There's no reason to tense up like that.

I'm not talking about splitting the earth in two, swallowing the solar system, or balling up the milky way. Besides, I doubt that kind of obvious violence would surprise you at this point.

I'm talking about something more unexpected, more absurd, and more fun.
~ Volume 4 Prologue​

"Let the hunt begin."

The father stared at the son's game board and moved a piece.

Once they had a goal, the greater than 10,000 White Queens would begin to move as one. And any member of that group was powerful enough to destroy the entire galaxy.
~ Volume 7 Stage 03 part 6​
Sooo... yeah, those exits.

Universe level
Some of you guys might have already heard about the Queen having feats of universe destruction. Until this point those came from a non-canon comedy crossover. But now the White Queen also has a universe level statement in canon:

"Let's stop that cocoon's expansion," she said. "It is my possession after all."

<Very good. And that clothing is just an added bonus. Your bare arms should be the most powerful thing of all. Can't you just tear it apart?>

"How about you remind yourself who it was that psychologically stripped me of my power? I am not exactly at top form at the moment."

Of course, that did not mean she was weak in any sense of the word.

She was still the White Queen.

This was more an issue of instability, so she might blow up the entire dimension if she tried using her power now.
Yep, she might blow up the entire dimension. Which dimension? Well, in this case this means nothing but the human universe as that is where they and the cocoon are currently in.

What to do with that?
The main question is what we do with the spectrum of statements. I would say that we should disregard the universe level one for now as it is might blow up the entire dimension. I think we also have enough evidence for her being above Large Star level. Aside from that I am uncertain, considering that Galaxy level was deemed not reliable enough in the past.

Time Stop / Slow
With the big thing out of the way, let's talk about some more feats of time manipulation the Queen has. Namely she screwed with the passage of the at Kyousuke's original home.

The house Doctor S used as a lab was preserved as if time had stopped. Presumably, this was the result of the heavy burden placed on it by the White Queen's power.
~ From "Facts"sectio​

The scene had not changed in a decade. If he wanted a logical explanation, he could assume that someone had been maintaining the place.

But he sealed away that weak opinion.

Since when did logic and common sense apply to the White Queen? Those things could be useful as a support, but binding his thoughts with them would only shorten his life.

So he knew what to say.

"Time must have been stopped here."

"…"

"This is a holy ground. These coordinates hold some kind of meaning to the White Queen as well. With her, distorting time and space should not come as a surprise. In fact, it's a little surprising we don't see the house flipped upside down or floating in the air."
~ Kyousuke - White Queen expert​
So the time for the flow of the house seems as if it was stopped. For those that enter the house time is also not flowing normally.

<Wait, what?>

Rain poured down on their heads like from an overturned bucket. They looked up and saw thick and dark rainclouds. They also heard the intermittent rumbling of thunder.

Sudden downpours were common in midsummer, but that was not enough to explain this.

The sky had been clear as could be just a moment before.

"The sun," said the White Queen with her soaked casual dress clinging to her skin.

Only then did Shigara Masami notice the overall coloration of their surroundings.

It was dusk.

The dark clouds overhead added to the darkness, but the sun's position in the sky made no sense. And this rainfall had not just started. In fact, it looked like it was starting to let up. The orange of sunset managed to pierce through some gaps in the clouds.

Shigara Masami forgot all about the rain hitting her as she muttered in disbelief.

<But we only spent a few minutes in there. All we did was check the children's room, right?>

"The flow of time can grow stagnant in places. You must have known that. We should count ourselves lucky that we did not find a few centuries had passed when we left."

<…>

"Heyyy," called Biondetta. "You're really starting to worry me, so could you at least tell me whether you're alive or not?"

They were afraid to ask.

It was raining outside and sunny inside. So how had Biondetta kept a consistent image in her head while she watched them from afar?

It was night.

Kyousuke and Aoi had left that house for the time being. That was partially because they were unsure what effects the distorted flow of time would have.
So time when entering the building seems to slow.

Rewriting the timeline & her resistance to it
Until now it seemed like the White Queen rewriting the past was more of a one time event caused by her defeating the Unexplored-Class. But this Volume makes it sound a lot more casual:

"Or to put it another way: who is the White Queen?"

"…"

"A direct timeline is meaningless when talking about her. She could easily have rewritten the past after being born in the present, so I am going to risk suggesting a bold theory. Why does she call you 'brother'? Or to put it more clearly, is the White Queen your little sister?"

"Boy, you don't get to take back what you said. Not unless you go crying to the White Queen who can bend the timeline."

"What…what are you trying to say, Meinokawa Aoi!?"

"Let's get to the heart of the matter already. Boy, the one and only thing you can't forgive the White Queen for is some incident from the past, right? The Queen was not harmless, so you can't forgive her. You get goose bumps, feel nauseated and dizzy, get a headache, and feel other symptoms of a cold, but it all goes back to the same thing."

"You can't change the past."

"Of course not. I'm sure the Queen can mess with the timeline, but because she is a singularity like that, she cannot change the things she herself has caused. Isn't that how it works?"
So it is worth considering that she could generally do that.

At the same time we are also presented with a weakness: Her ability to rewrite the past is less strong than her ability to make it impossible to affect herself or anything she has caused via causality manipulation or time shenanigans. In other words she can not change her own past.

There is a statements of the narrator that suggests this ability to be even stronger than thought to this point:

If the White Queen directly killed someone, then that was the end. There was no way of bringing them back, even if you introduced time travel or parallel worlds.
This suggests that if the White Queen kills someone even the parallel world versions will not survive. (Or it would become impossible to bring them into the main universe, but that seems roundabout)

Teleportation
Last but not least the White Queen can apparently teleport by splitting the dimension open:

If she had wanted to, she could have grown wings or split the dimension to escape to the other side of the planet.

I agree with DontTalk in that we should disregard the dimension destroying statement since the other seem more consistent and that one is a narration-only possibility. I'm in favor of Large Star or Solar System, though if others want to accept the Galaxy statement I'm ok with it now that there's better statements for her.

I should mention that what DontTalk says about time shenanigans/parallel dimensions and the White Queen not being able to undo things she causes was already brough up as speculation early on in volume 2's Facts, which this volume seems to confirm.

• The White Queen used brute force to hold back the incident's changes and thus maintained her memories. This suggests that even rearranging causality would fail to affect her being, anything she caused directly, or anyone she killed.
The novel might also have a speed upgrade and upgrades her Levitation to full on Flight. It's something I guess:

A bit back from Kyousuke and Aoi's seat, someone sat in a different seat rather than summoning a dragon or rivaling a stealth fighter.

[...]

However, the White Queen was fairly calm if you ignored the silver twintails wriggling like snakes. Normally, she very well might have summoned a dragon or rivaled a stealth fighter to chase him dow.

[...]

She did not summon a legendary dragon or spread her arms to fly around all on her own.

For completion, there's a second statement about her traveling via dimension splitting/slicing.

She was lazily waiting her turn to board the business class of Flight NAL901. At first glance, it may have looked like the silver twintail girl had regained her common sense. At least compared to traveling by breaking through the stratosphere with no outside assistance or directly slicing through the dimension.

She also has Information Manipulation. She accidentally erased the faces and fate of Kyousuke's mother and little sister from everyone's memories. This is especifically mentioned to not be Memory Manipulation, but instead destroying the data of the world.

Volume 7:

"It's on such a large scale that it's impossible to grasp the whole of it. I know my memories of that single house are not going to guide me to the answer." Kyousuke breathed a heavy sigh. "And I don't know if this was planned as well, but a few of the faces are blotted out and I can't draw out that information. Like my mom and little sister. Who were they? I hope they were simply part of the cast and they were able to safely withdraw."

[...]

• Doctor S is Kyousuke's biological father, but there are questions concerning his past. It is possible he was researching a way of stably producing Kyousuke-level summoners in a normal household environment. It also seems Kyousuke had a mother and little sister, but he cannot recall any information on them as if their faces are blotted out.
Volume 9:

Shiroyama Kyousuke said he could not remember what his mother or little sister looked like.

But it was different from simple memory loss.

On that day and in that place, the White Queen had done something which had erased and blown away the world's data. So it was not just that Kyousuke did not remember. Not one of the 7 billion people on this planet could provide that information.

[...]

• Kyousuke does not remember his mother or his little sister. But this is not just memory loss. At some point in the past, the White Queen's destruction erased some of the world's data.
[...]

Some of the world's data had been erased by some past action.

[...]

He could not remember his mother or little sister.

The White Queen had apparently erased the data from the world, but that may have been better than if it had been intentionally concealed. This way, there were a few hints remaining.

[...]

This incident existed on such a ridiculous scale that the White Queen had erased the data from the world, but since she had not intentionally concealed it, there was a good chance that erasure had not been very thorough.

She can also access some sort of "world's knowledge" to get information from the world if she doesn't know something. Might be the actual Facts, we have already seen the Colorless Little Girl access them to read out the White Queen's stats and skills, and the White Queen was able to see this act.

So while trembling, the White Queen asked a question of the world's knowledge. She asked a question of something that would drive a normal human mad if they simply gazed upon it.

What is that?

"A predecessor, one who shows the way, one you can rely upon, the master of an apprentice."

The answer was simple.

When she searched that knowledge it always provided the same result.

"In other words, a being known as an older brother."

The White Queen found herself tracing a finger along her own lips.

She did not really know what that word meant, but her trembling lips repeatedly sounded it out.

Funny enough, this was brought up in volume 1 as a joke.

"Oh, dear. Brother, you don't seem very excited."

"I'm sick of you calling me that. It isn't even possible for a human and a Material to have a blood relation."

"But when I search for 'a reliable gentleman' that is the word that pops up."

He had no idea what she really meant by "search".

She may have spent many long nights curled up in an internet café or she might have checked some collection of information, like the Akashic Records, in the depths of the other world where the Unexplored-class lurked. To her, they both were about as meaningful.

I summon the Upbringer of Threads (bu - mp).

Cost 4. Sound Range: Middle.

Seems we're in for a ''bump''y ride.

We need a few more opinions. At least on the AP stuff.

Unlimited Bump Works

Hm. Yeah. I didn't want to highlight this, cause not a big verse and all. So let's just go with that.

@LazyHunter: How about "At least Solar System level, possibly Galaxy level"?

Given their current reasoning that should follow, yes.

Off-topic, but why do the unexplored class materials, except the Colorless little girl, have possibly type 8 immortality?

Huh, I can't really remember why I added it. I mean, technically all Materials have some sort of immortality in that if killed they just go back to the world of Materials, but I don't think we count that, otherwise Kare would also have it by returning from Heaven after death.

Feel free to remove that.

Hey

If they (Unexplored Classes) are casually solar system or possibly galaxy, doesnt mean it make Protective Circle durabled so on?

Back