• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Don't Agree with Bill Cipher's 1-B Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

So as you all know, Bill Cipher was recently re-upgraded to Low 1-C, possibly 1-B. I am ok with Bill being Low 1-C but 1-B is questionable because this wiki has seen tons of debunks disproving the existence of 11 spatial dimensions in Gravity Falls and I put this together but at the time i'm doing this, I am tired so if anyone is gonna start a debate war over this, best time to do it is at 8AM at least (Central Time)

Strym is banned and can't defend against this downgrade attempt.

I disagree btw, I don't think the arguments presented debunk the possibly rating.
I only have issues with the 1-B part not the Low 1-C and it was mainly due to previous debunks stating that the dimensions referred by the trilazzxx beta aliens were dimensions as in universes not spatial dimensions

I only have issues with the 1-B part not the Low 1-C and it was mainly due to previous debunks stating that the dimensions referred by the trilazzxx beta aliens were dimensions as in universes not spatial dimensions
I still disagree, the upgrade thread was able to demonstrate that the possibly rating is accurate and these debunks were addressed.

I still disagree, the upgrade thread was able to demonstrate that the possibly rating is accurate and these debunks were addressed.
Ah ok, it’s just that i’ve seen a lot of threads and debunks about bill due to things like 2D characters being able to hurt 3D characters and 11D aliens dying in a 3D world and it’s just… i always believed that in order to be tier 1, dimensions in that cosmology would’ve had to be infinitely inferior or superior

"It's said they exist in 7 to 11 dimensions at once and because of that have a horrible sense of direction. This in itself contradicts the idea that they fit the criteria of Higher Dimensional Beings that we have here, as they themselves don't have any understanding of navigating in the planes they inhabit."
"For goodness sake, they can't properly pilot a ship. They aren't Multiversal beings."
The fact that the 11D Aliens have a horrible sense of direction is actually an argument in favor of 11D, since being used to moving in dimensions with more directions, traveling in a place with fewer directions to move would be much more complicated.
I am all in favor for Bill being Low 1-C but him being 1-B, I don't agree with. Also these aliens existing in 7-11 dimensions at once makes no sense when it comes to dimensionality because existing in 7-11 dimensions would get you 1-C to High 1-C scaling but adding "at once" to the end makes it more difficult to understand for me because if you exist in 11 dimensions, you are already existing in 7 dimensions + 4 extra dimensions. Just trying to explain my understanding of this is driving me insane but my main point is, Bill Cipher should have his 1-B tier removed and just kept at Low 1-C.
The statement from 7 to 11D still suggests that all 11 Dimensions exist.
"I don't think they are even 11-D. The statement "Seventh through eleventh dimensions" Implies universes."
GF Cosmology Blog:
What's interesting here is that Stanford also specifies that he already has encountered this kind of aliens in his exploring of the multiverse, one that he defined as "Pan-Dimensional beings" that exist in 7 to 11 dimensions at once, thus having the horrible sense of direction that lead to their crash.[1] Considering that "Pan-" as a prefix means "of everything", Pan-Dimensional would mean that it pertains to all dimensions of reality, and considering that Stanford does not use the term "dimension" only to describe other universes, but also spatial dimensions, as showcased above with the 2nd dimension and even mentioning a 5th-dimensional calculus that'd be required to build the portal,[1] it's safe to say that those aliens would exist in 7 to 11 spatial dimensions at once.

I disagree with the thread.

Ah ok, it’s just that i’ve seen a lot of threads and debunks about bill due to things like 2D characters being able to hurt 3D characters and 11D aliens dying in a 3D world and it’s just… i always believed that in order to be tier 1, dimensions in that cosmology would’ve had to be infinitely inferior or superior
Just to explain and avoid future confusion regarding these topics, we treat dimensional existence and AP as 2 totally different things, in fact, we don't even give Tier for higher dimensions unless they have the necessary context, such as those dimensions being infinitely bigger or something like that. In Gravity Falls, the NR trivializes such dimensions as infinitely thin layers and was mentioned as infinitely larger than the rest of the multiverse several times.

Just to explain and avoid future confusion regarding these topics, we treat dimensional existence and AP as 2 totally different things, in fact, we don't even give Tier for higher dimensions unless they have the necessary context, such as those dimensions being infinitely bigger or something like that. In Gravity Falls, the NR trivializes such dimensions as infinitely thin layers and was mentioned as infinitely larger than the rest of the multiverse several times.
welp now i can go back to being a Bill fan without the fear of people telling me i overrate Bill

welp now i can go back to being a Bill fan without the fear of people telling me i overrate Bill
I'd recommend you read the upgrade thread more extensively if you aren't familiar with the arguments that were made. This was deemed to be an appropriate rating for him, so there shouldn't be a concern with it being wank or whatever. Anyone who is telling you the rating is wrong is free to challenge it otherwise (preferably when Strym's temp ban is fully done tho).

I'd recommend you read the upgrade thread more extensively if you aren't familiar with the arguments that were made. This was deemed to be an appropriate rating for him, so there shouldn't be a concern with it being wank or whatever. Anyone who is telling you the rating is wrong is free to challenge it otherwise (preferably when Strym's temp ban is fully done tho).
Ok, can someone closed this thread please? it failed to serve it’s purpose and if it stays open it will just be more of an failed thread

This seems counter intuitive.
Imagine that you live your entire life in one dimension with dozens of different directions, and then you go to another dimension with considerably fewer directions to move to. Could you tell me for sure that you would get used to it instantly and would even be able to drive a vehicle comfortably?

Imagine that you live your entire life in one dimension with dozens of different directions, and then you go to another dimension with considerably fewer directions to move to. Could you tell me for sure that you would get used to it instantly and would even be able to drive a vehicle comfortably?
Every 2D side scroller has been fairly easy.

Less dimensions means less forces working on you, less directions others things can come from, fewer paths you have to consider when travelling. In most cases higher dimensional beings should be able to see more of a lower dimensions, having a much bigger range of vision to see a much more complete view of the area.

Honestly, the only problems would be unconscious habits where you try and move in a direction that lower dimensions doesn't have, but that should just take you out of those lower dimensions as you move in the direction of the higher dimension.

Expect it seems like a rule we have to follow, I as a blue name had to wait for DontTalks vacation to upgrade his downgrades. Which would mean just like that we will have to wait for Strym before making any attacks to his upgrade, it is a rule but more importantly being a nice human being.

Expect it seems like a rule we have to follow, I as a blue name had to wait for DontTalks vacation to upgrade his downgrades. Which would mean just like that we will have to wait for Strym before making any attacks to his upgrade, it is a rule but more importantly being a nice human being.
There’s no written rule so I’d suggest you not make up stuff like that. You seem to share his sentiments anyways so why not argue is in his stead.

Barring that I agree with the thread, I remember reading the original upgrade thread and going “Ermm… what the sigma?”

would like to add btw OP, the immeasurable speed upgrades never went through, the threads is still up I think but that section was denied pretty decisively.

This is just disgusting honestly. It's fine to disagree with a rating and to do a downgrade, but to do that while the one that upgraded the verse and that more than anyone else knows the argument and collected the evidence is just a new low point of this wiki...
There are others supporters, yes, but the one that upgraded the verse in the first place is the one that knows the argument better. To just proceeded with this is just dumb to say the least.

This is just disgusting honestly. It's fine to disagree with a rating and to do a downgrade, but to do that while the one that upgraded the verse and that more than anyone else knows the argument and collected the evidence is just a new low point of this wiki...
There are others supporters, yes, but the one that upgraded the verse in the first place is the one that knows the argument better. To just proceeded with this is just dumb to say the least.
It’s not that serious, and it’s rather rude to call people hosting a downgrade thread “disgusting” because they did it without the person who hosted the upgrade thread, no need to prolong this and please get over yourselves.

yeah man
the person that upgraded the verse put his blood sweat and tears into this
and you're not giving him the opportunity to give his input
hes the only one whose actively supporting and carrying this verse

If it was enforced on me here, before making any snarky comments I suggest you actually do your research.

Again this is just a morally bad thing to do.
I don’t think it’s morally bad, and I don’t see a written rule.

Also no need to poison the well and assume I’m being snarky, I feel my message was pretty measured. But this is off topic and derailing so we should just continue this.

Instead of turning this into some of moral outrage that I'm not extending myself beyond the basic niceties of not insulting people or picking fights for a bunch of strangers on a site that isn't that important, how about you all put that effort into actually debating on the debate site if you disagree with the thread so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back