• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I always wanted this: Qrow VS Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qrow likely will take this.

Guts may have a high pain tolerance and can effect the soul but Qrow has his forcefield aura for protection, passive Probability Manipulation.

Crow takes this for Lord Griffin's reasons. The probability Manipulation especially.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Crow also enjoy a AP advantage (at range)?

I think he still has this calc Lina's revision of it would put Guts at baseline city block level. So roughly the same as Penny's tier.

Anyways, I agree that Qrow takes it FRA. Bad luck charm is pretty great for 1 on 1.

Isn't the scaling chain just Pemny=Weiss summons which are one shot by Vernal, who is weaker than Raven and Qrow to an unknown extent. It's not really a very stompy chain.

Even if it is too big of a chain, Guts' sword's durability apparently still scales to the full 45 ton thing, so he can still block stuff with his sword. It would just be strenuous and once he made a mistake he would lose.

No its Qrow = Raven > Vernal who oneshot Weiss' Arma Gigas which stomped the Queen Lancer which was undamaged by an 18 ton attack

Oh, okay. I didn't know about the Queen Lancer calc. I still don't think it's a stomp, thanks to Guts' sword being so durable.

I think Qrow's probability manipulation is not as strong as everyone gives it credit for. Even if it does cause misfortune to others, skilled fighters can still recover from it. Qrow has only been seen in one on one fights twice: against Winter and against Tyrian. I will provide video links for each fight to support my points.

Qrow vs Winter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5gzPlULCG0

Now, I know Qrow is drunk in this fight and not at his full potential, but that's not the point. Throughout the entrie fight, Winter is able to hold her own against Qrow and there never really seems to be any obvious misfortune that happens to her. If Qrow's Semblance is passive, the fact that he's intoxicated shouldn't affect something that continues to work without his active control. The possibility that it is dampened by his inebriation exists, but considering that Qrow still has enough physical prowess to keep up with Winter while drunk, his Semblance should not be weakened to a point where it doesn't have an effect.

Qrow vs Tyrian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AadJxdYQR-M&t=213s

Now, we know Qrow is sober in here and at his best while fighting Tyrian. Here, his misfortune only acts twice, once with the building and the other when Tyrian falls through the roof. But even when he falls through, Tyrian still has enough skill and reaction time to grab Qrow before he hits the ground. And inside, Qrow gets the worst of the exchange, as he is thrown through the wall. Now, ultimately, Qrow only loses because he gets distracted by Ruby, but the only time he managed to hit Tyrian once he was disarmed and switched to punching.

It seems, based on the evidence, that Qrow does not have the power of Domino or Black Cat like it seems the arguments before are implying.

Now, onto Guts. Let's say that Qrow's bad luck can cause Guts some problems during a fight. Guts is used to having all of the odds stacked against him and misfortune following him at every corner. By all accounts, Guts should not have survived The Eclipse, his first fight with Zodd, or any of his fights with Apostles, but he had the luck and willpower to overcome the odds. He should have enough skill, like Tyrian, to quickly react to the misfortune Qrow's Semblance can cause.

With Gut's range, skill, adaptability, and broken durability with the Berserker Armor, I'm voting for Guts. I enjoy both Berserk and RWBY, but I feel Guts would eventually win.

There really isn't much of a difference in AP. Assuming this is Berserk Armor Guts that is.

I'm guessing from a lack of a solid calc that Guts's base form i baseline at 11 tons. Guts with the Berserk armor stomps foes he couldn't otherwise beat.

compare 11 tons to the calculated 18 tons for the Queen Lancer. BA Guts >>11 tons vs. Qrow >>18 tons. It's not that big a difference.

Also if Dragonslayer attacks souls how does that interact with Aura which comes from the soul?

It is a big difference, Qrow is stronger than Vernal who can one shot Weiss's Arma Gigas, who can stomp a Queen Lancer who can tank a 18 ton attack without taking any damage.

So Qrow can one shot people who are stronger than 18 tons.

Guts' Ap has been recalced so many times in the justification for his ap its hard to say, though i know the feat was recalced at High 8-C as well

I believe he casually tanked a feat that was calced just below 10 tons, so he's considered baseline city block in whatever form that was and is above that in his other forms. His sword on the other hand tanked a 46 ton feat, but only the sword fully scales to that, while he was far enough away that the blast was significantly dispersed.

The 20 ton one was revised by Lina.

With the speed and his Armor I don't see Guts slowing down anytime soon. Qrow on the other hand won't be able to keep up. His aura will degrade to the point Guts can beat him I think.

Ugh guys Dragonslayer attacks the soul and aura is the manifestation of the soul, which means that Dragonslayer will shred through Qrow's aura.

This is literally the same argument a long time back where Guts beat Yang

Dragonslayer only damages the soul if Guts can physically cut through the being with said soul, something he cant do here due to the sheer gap between his AP and Qrow's durability

Aura is the literal soul of a person covering them. The fact that Guts can harm the soul specifically normally means he does extra damage to aura

With that logic should this not be stomp then? Guts cannot hurt Qrow is what you just said so this should be closed.

Regardless since the aura IS the soul then Dragonslayer should still be able to harm it. Guts is directly hitting the aura with his sword, which means he's directly hitting the soul, Dragonslayer has the ability to harm souls in the first place. Of course it's going to take out Qrow's aura.

Yes its a stomp, this was determined a while ago i have no idea why this is open. Guts is 11 tons, Qrow scales to fighting people who are stronger than people who can oneshot things that can stomp things that are undamaged by 18 ton attacks.

For the umpteenth time Aura is NOT the soul, its a forcefield projected by the soul.

"Aura is the manifestation of our souls" -Pyrrha

Ironwood also claims that the maiden's powers are bound to aura, which Ozpin follows up that the transfer of aura is the transfer of Amber's life.

Life = soul. Pyrrha and Amber's souls were going to be intertwined by mixing the auras which proves that the soul is within the aura at the very least.

Basically Aura is the soul in a different form that's all. Which means Dragonslayer still cuts through it

Manifestation of the soul =/= Aura is your literal soul, otherwise every RWBY character would be able to regenerate their soul and can survive their souls being destroyed

Guts also doesnt have the AP to cut Qrow's aura

You're putting a man who might be one of the most unlucky people alive against a guy who makes people unlucky?

I mean there's that AP gap and Qrow's versatility, but yeah...

I'm giving this to Qrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back