• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyperdimension Neptunia General Discussion U: Action Unleashed 6

Let's change the subject slightly... How about a little theory?

I think I've just realised that one of Batman's Gadgets could actually be a problem for a CPU...

So, at some point in Batman Arkham City, Penguin steals Mr. Freeze's Gun (which is called the "Freeze Gun", yes, I know…), and in order to fight him, Batman needs another way to take him down.

Whilst he travels across the "Torture Chamber", he finds Mr. Freeze locked up, and when Batman gets him out and informs him of Penguin using his own gun, he tells him that he built a security override into his freeze suit, to prevent people using his own weapons against him.

When Batman goes once again across the Torture Chamber and into the area where his freeze suit is, he takes out the security override chip and inserts it into a useless gadget (as it had no chips inside it at the time), which then transformed it into the "Disruptor".

After taking down Penguin, the Disruptor could jam firearms, weapons and eventually (when Batman inserts the "Mine/Bomb Disposal Chip" inside the Disruptor), Mines.

So, if I remember correctly from watching a quick YouTube video, Plutia said that she became a CPU for the first time when she found a "CPU/Processor Chip" lying around, and when she grabbed it as it was glowing or something, it allowed her to access HDD. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

So, if Batman found any CPU Chip (assuming that all/any of the CPU Chips are identical to each other in terms of how they work), reverse-engineered it and inserted it into his Disruptor, he could literally cancel any of the CPUs from transforming into HDD.

Jesus.

It works that way only in Ultradimension. Plutia mistook it for a candy and she ate it, thus becoming a CPU. But it only works if you're compatible. If you aren't then -insert spoiler-.

They don't need it everytime they transform. It's needed only to become a CPU, and only in Ultradimension.

Jesus that was one big OP if I have to say.

Anyway, I played one of the games a few months ago and I actually liked the game and the characters, if I want to pick up the series which game should I start with? there's many of them it's kinda confusing

Well, let's give Iffy her own Disruptor to use against Plutie when she gets angry.

So, how do the CPUs transform? For example, is it similar in style to a Super Saiyan where they just transform through a technique or a specific method?

Which one did you play?

The best to start with is Re;Birth 1, while the main storyline is Re;Birth 2, Re;Birth 3 and Megadimension Neptunia VII.

If you're wondering, Re:Birth 1 takes place in a different dimension from the successive main games, so it's not really a part of the main storyline despite being the first one released (Remake of, actually).

Everything else is a spin-off.

About the Re;Birth games, they are remakes of the original releases of the first 3 games. There's also a remake of VII, Megadimension Neptunia VIIR, but the only difference story wise is that it cuts off the other two endings of the game, leaving only the true ending. It also is way easier. So I usually advice to get VII over VIIR.

I think it called "hyperdimension neptunia u action unleashed" the game I played first

So I start with Re;Birth 1 huh? okay then

The sun is falling in the sky beyond and light is fading from our world.
Looks like I can do shit today here.

Now serious, what thing left need to be calculated? That way my work will not go again to the absolute garbage.

The sun is falling in the sky beyond and light is fading from our world.
Looks like I can do shit today here.

Now serious, what thing left need to be calculated? That way my work will not go again to the absolute garbage.

Thespeedforce21 said:
So, how do the CPUs transform? For example, is it similar in style to a Super Saiyan where they just transform through a technique or a specific method?
CPUs usually need Shares in order to be able to transform. It's an innate ability that they have from being CPUs. Depending on the dimension, the way CPUs are born changes. In some they're born from shares directly as CPUs, while in others (Ultradimension being the only one shown to work this way to my knowledge) they need something like the CPU Memory to make them CPUs

@Alex we're still waiting for Kep to calc the ice tree, but I'm not sure if we really need anything else now that we've decided the tiers.

I was thinking of using the Ice Tree to have the base form's lowest level at "at least Ice Tree level, possibly/likely Planet level" to not base their rating only on a weapon description.

So first game is on PC! good to know. Also, another question: will the spin-offs spoil the games for me if I play them before finishing the main series?

All of them excluding the original releases, one spin off and VII's remake are on PC

Depends on which ones

You two, lol.

Anyway, if the CPUs rely on an innate ability through shares, then the Arkham City Disruptor will do absolutely nothing to them. But, however, the Arkham Knight version of the Disruptor (which is pretty much a revamp of the entire gadget) relies on electrical pulses (that can be modified later to add more specific pulses, though it's not shown in-game) that can have an effect on the thing that has been fired at, mainly working in the same way as the AC Disruptor, but has no need for security overrides or chips.

So, if Batman looked into how Share Energy transfers from Person to Goddess, and found a specific frequency in the atmosphere (he demonstrated that he could do this in Arkham Asylum and Arkham Knight), he could possibly create modified electrical pulse ammo for the Arkham Knight disruptor to block Share Energy being transferred to the Goddess.

I'm Enjoying this. We should have more debates guys, Lol (Written from my phone)

@Speedforce I don't want to make spoilers, so I can't properly answer to that. Just know that blocking access to HDD forms and share energy is nothing new in the series

RKGenki said:
All of them excluding the original releases, one spin off and VII's remake are on PC

Depends on which ones
Can you recommend an order for me to go with then? I think I will be lost if I pick randomly and I want to play the best games first so I can be hooked up into the franchise.

There are remakes and stuff.

The best in my opinion are definitely Re;Birth 1 and VII.

About the former, if you can get past a bit tedious grinding, you have the game that best introduces the various characters. It is also the funniest, slightly above Re;Birth 3.

I'd say to play the main games first from RB1 to VII, then play the spin offs in no definite order.

AlexSoloVaAlFuturo said:
We were able to find shet when the things looked awful, we will manage to do something.
I hope we manage to find something. Most things don't have a timeframe. We can only rely on skills.

Look like the thing is fine, at least for now.

RKGenki said:
I hope we manage to find something. Most things don't have a timeframe. We can only rely on skills.
Follow me, set me free, Trust me and we will escape from the city. I'll make it through. Follow me (Follow me), set me free, Trust me and we will escape from the city. I'll make it through, prove it to you. Follow me!

@ZERO Np :)

Before I forget, if you plan on getting the DLCs, be aware that 2 of RB1's extra characters are spoilers for RB3

There's a new spin off coming out this autumn, but there are still no signs of a new main game as of now.

Back