• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyperdimension Neptunia General Discussion G - #32 - The Golden Leaders, Reconstructors of Gamindustri

Thank you. I'm going to cover Megadimension after the Re;Birth games, which I'll cover after doing the spinoffs since I don't want to feel like I'm immediately covering basically the same thing after covering the first three games.

How are the revisions (part 2) going? I heard that those will include speed, so I could always help by providing the (noticable) speed feats for each game (that I find anyway).

On a side note: I've never played a Neptunia game, which is a shame. They look fun, but I am glad I became a fan of the series just watching playthroughs (a similar thing occured with Shantae and Sly Cooper).

I'm going to cover Megadimension after the Re;Birth games, which I'll cover after doing the spinoffs since I don't want to feel like I'm immediately covering basically the same thing after covering the first three games.
Yeah, not a problem at all. Either way, we're practically done with Megadimension, so unless we accidentally missed anything, we should be good.

How are the revisions (part 2) going? I heard that those will include speed, so I could always help by providing the (noticable) speed feats for each game (that I find anyway).
Well, it was said quite a while back by Genks that they were pretty much almost done (iirc) and that he needs to finalise everything. He seems quite busy, so it might take a bit longer before we publish the CRT.

On a side note: I've never played a Neptunia game, which is a shame. They look fun, but I am glad I became a fan of the series just watching playthroughs (a similar thing occured with Shantae and Sly Cooper).
Lex is on the exact same ship as you lol, he's never played any of the games either and he grew rather fond of the series just the way you did.

If you've got some change on you, I'd say wait for the next Steam sale (if you've got Steam), and then get the Re;Birth games if you're willing to give them a try.

If i were to play any of the games, it would be Rebirth 1 (i guess plus at this point). Don't have steam but that is the most logical place to play. I just would not have the time...

The main point of my scaling is to have a clearer picture of things and so we know which version of a character could do what (i kept seeing composite Neptune).

Neptune dimension
So found this while looking through Producing Perfection. Don't know if we can use this for the main series at all since the game starts off by saying it is non-canon. Still an interesting find.

Two little notes for Neptunia:

1) The Original Game CPUs are likely stronger than their mk2 counterparts.

Since the Nisa in mk2 is impiled to be the same Nisa from the original game, the CPUs should be comparable. Despite IF and Compa being more comparable to Nisa in mk2, the big factor here would be shares. In the original game their is a line during Nisa's game commercial about it getting one million subscribers (which could be just Planeptune give how the nations were in that game) which is over double the total population give by the mk2 popularity contest. Victory and Megadimension has population growth so it just depends on the legendry weapons and stamina (not counting NEXT since that is an easy win).

2)Re;Birth 2 and 3 characters are slightly stronger than their mk2 and Victory counterparts.

There is an event where Nepgear and Falcom spar in which Nepgear goes all out. In mk2, Falcom actually gets worried about Nepgear's skill. In Re;Birth 2, while Falcom does compliment Nepgear's skill, she is confident in countering it (in both instances she underestimates Nepgear which causes her to cut Nepgear's shirt in what was supposed to be a feint).

Then there is Neptune's sacrifice in the conquest route. In mk2, she states that while she believes Gehaburn is strong enough to take down the DoS, she is worried that the DoS may have another form so they need to prepare for that. In Re;Birth 2, she states that while it is likely powerful enough to beat the DoS, she doesn't want to risk it being not quite there.

Now, while these examples could just be updated translations, what is clear is that in Re;Birth 2 and 3 you have canonically more party members. Despite this, scenes still play out like they do in the orginal mk2 and Victory, meaning the enemies would have to be stronger.

Well, it's all up to Genks at this point as he's the one that is finalising everything, nothing much I can do about that

He often says he's busy, so that's probably why.

Though iirc, he said he'd come back once he's done with all that at some point.

Either way, as I've said before, there's nothing I can do about that...

Kancolle shrug

Mate, I want to keep holding this verse in high regards like I did before, but it's so hard with this content drought...

Is he the only one doing the revisions? That seems like a bit too much work for a guy with an actual life

That guy is just your regular spammer, moving on...

Schnee One said:
Is he the only one doing the revisions? That seems like a bit too much work for a guy with an actual life
Of course not. Alex, myself and a few others were helping him, but he's the one with the best know-how of the verse, doing the CRT and finalising it, we're all waiting on him essentially.

I'll have some posts to make once I get through the rest of the let's plays. I'm going through megadimension and then only a few of the spin offs. I've mentioned it before, but said posts will be listing the strongest maker per game, redoing the top of the scaling chain taking into account things outside the main continuity, and a How Strong is Conquest Nepager (and Holy Sword and PSV) blog. And that's not counting the scaling/summary blogs.

In the Heart Dimension now, and I find it interesting how the scaling for the series needs to have so much context do to all the variables. What do I mean?

Well, it looks like Zero Dimension Arfoire is stronger than Ultra Dimension Arfoire since UDA couldn't beat a likely low share Purple Heart even when amped by the power of eggplants, yet ZDA was actually able to challenge Purple Sister and Orange Heart in just her base form. The thing is that they would have a lot less shares than Purple Heart would have had.

Not to mention the change in strength that their levels can do to their share levels. In Megadimensions case, "very low share" CPUs (And candidates) get the strength of at least "average shares" via the rematches against Gold Third.

Just a lot to consider, I can see why the first revision took so long.

From the Title I thought it was actually going to be a mainline game. Oh well.

Almost done Megadimension, just going through the VR scenes (so far nothing to take away from them). I'll make a note here that I'll eventually come back to, the CPUs have low shares throughout the game.

It's not evenly like mk2 where at the end they finally get high shares, no nearly the entire game is at very low to low share level. The exception is when Neptune came back to Zero Dimension but that's about it. The Crystal used to acess the Next forms was said to have all the world's faith, but it was still used on CPUs who had low shares (And said shares nuetralized) and they can still acess the form. So, really what we saw was low share Next Forms which are stronger than Prime Rei.

Little speed feat from Hyperdevotion Noire. A missile is launched from Planeptune to Lastation. The CPUs and generals leave shortly after the missile is launched and arrive shortly after it lands (the two generals on the missile said taking down the Basilicom was very easy so it wouldn't take that long).

Missiles launch at around Mach 10, so base CPUs and generals would by around that speed.

Back