• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HxH specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blocking other auras/energy is not a standard ability for any type of energy. Hence, when the conclusion given literally says:

"Only having a simple energy aura is all that is required to counter this specific attack."

I think to say it's misleading and should be reworded at best, and the exact thing I'm trying to argue against otherwise. If "simple energy aura" meant an aura that specifically has/has shown the ability to block other forms of energy, then I apologize, but that definitely should have been clearer from the beginning.

You cherrypicked that.

He literally said "It's nothing but cancelling energy with energy."

And you already know that his definition of simple energy aura is simple energy force field, which you find weird, but has literally been clarified a few posts ago. To argue this further is iterally semantics. And the first sentence is, again, a matter of interpretation, because since tangible blasts and energy interaction are not mutually exclusive, and the most direct evidence (beam struggles) proves either case, yelling about it is pointless. And about Verse Equalization. Not this. We already agree it needs feats to prove it can block energy. And yeah. He could have been clearer. That's true.

And lastly? Here's the thing; If the energies couldn't interact, they wouldn't interact at all, tangible or intangible. They would just waft through each other just like how I can't interact with steam or how steam can't even interact with itself as if it was punching each other. So i'd argue beam clashes are proof, even then. But that's not important right now. So we're done here.

Where's Ant?

Also, when I used the word "shady" I was referring to you literally telling Ant to accept what you said about us coming to a conclusion without checking the thread for himself first. That action in and of itself is shady. I wasn't referring to you as a person as shady or even condemning your intent behind it, since it might not even be intentional.

To call someone's actions something, where I am from, is fundamentally indistinguishable from calling that person something. You do something evil, you're evil. You do something smart, you're smart. It's ok. It's whatever.

Amexim said:
He literally said "It's nothing but cancelling energy with energy."

And you already know that his definition of simple energy aura is simple energy force field, which you find weird, but has literally been clarified a few posts ago.
Then that should be clarified and added to the conclusion because as it is it's misleading.

Your last point is about verse equalization which you yourself said is irrelevant to the thread.

Changing it to energy field might be just as misleading. Best to emphasize "blocking energy with other energy" because that can be both a field or an aura.

And yes it was. You didn't make the thread for it yet and I wanted to tell you what I thought so I just did.

I wouldn't change it to "energy field" either. It literally isn't even necessary to mention in the first place to be honest. The entire sentence should be worded as "A character with the ability to block energy can counter this technique." if anything, but that's literally redundant. Might as well put "this character dies when they are killed" on every page.

Also, thread? Nowhere under verse equalization does it say that different types of energy become tangible to each other. In fact the current definition actually supports my argument.

Thst's what i'd Like to know. I didn't ask for this guy to say "you're toxic" to me for no reason. But I reserve the right stand up for myself, so I did.

Oh, then just me. I don't think there's even a God, nevermind that that thing could have a master. Why you talking about people who don't exist, silly Goji? Lmao

I think that AKM sama makes sense, and that we should apply the changes that he supports, and then close this thread.

Thank you for helping out.

Also, others should please calm down and stop with the insults. If not, we might have to apply bans.

You shouldve been better than him and not falling for his insulting game , that's where you're wrong here. You used way more offensive insults though that shows how hurt you were. I was referring to what you did before in other post when you got reported, you were doing the same as now, if anything you should thank me for the reminder genius. I ain't even talking shit? What are you even on? If you think calling your act "Toxic" and felt offended then it's your problem that you get offended fast. No one is really harassing you, you were calling people"asshole" if anything you're the one who is doing this. Stop trying to act like a victim when you're throwing random insults left and right. Why would I want you to get banned ? You're overthinking. If I ever wanted you to get banned I wouldn't have to tell you to stop insulting, if you're this slow it's okay but stop overthinking.

I said that you should stop provoking each other.

Ok cool, thanks Ant! Both for helping close the thread and addressing that guy's provocation. Who should write the changes down on the pages?

I do not know. AKM is probably better suited for deciding.

Deleting comments that shouldn't have existed here.

What is currently written as:

Resistance with Ten to Madness Manipulation (Type 3), Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, and Limited Death Manipulation (By preventing aura from leaking away, Ten maintains youthful vigor and reduces aging and protects users from hostile shows of Ren)

should be a part of aura itself clarifying more on what it does, like:

Aura (Ten users can utilize their energy to produce aura to block other malicious aura attacks that can cause Madness Manipulation (Type 3), Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, and Limited Death Manipulation)

@Edwellken Would that be okay for carification or do you have something to add?

That works, thanks. And sorry again for the misunderstanding before.

There are actually some other things I'd add to Ten like resistance to physical damage etc but that can just be saved for a separate CRT. This thread's purpose is already settled.

I just need a list of characters who would be affected by this.

Okay. I will get all of them.

And if somebody gets to them before me, I'll make sure to check those edits.

I checked through a few of your edits, and they seemed fine to me.

Are the rest of you fine with if I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back