• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter Meruem vs A certain Magical Index Misaka Mikoto,Leivinia Birdway and Shizuri Mugino

Round 1: Meruem gets cocky and either gets killed by Mugino after trying to take a Meltdowner (subatomic destruction. it should ignore durability) and/or one of Leivinia's BS Telesma attacks (which can possibly ignore durability, although she is city level anyways).

Round 2: Although ToAru lower tiers have nice reaction speeds, Meruem moves too fast, can easily dodge their attacks and can kill any of them in just a few hits (he tore Netero's arm off in a second and these three have far less durability). Lower tier ToArus are really just glass cannons to be honest. Also, if Meruem eats Misaka to get her powers (if we are doing verse equalization, since he can power steal), that would be very very scary.

Edit: Also, Misaka is at best a minor annoyance in this battle and at worst food for Meruem.

Interesting.

Though wasn't it birdway who stated to have the ability to stand up against a saint? By the profile of Kaori Kanzaki, she's a faster than Meruem. Magic also have a few attacks that ignore standard durability. Considering how badly she defeated that Cinderella girl whose attacks didn't have vectors, she probably has quite a few tricks that would allow her to compensate for her speed.

Also Misaka had fought one on one with a saint before as well whose speed should be comparable to Kaori.

Cendrillon was a light weight and I even doubt she could have touched Accel in the first place.

Anyways, if you look at Birdway's profiles, her *casual* fight with Kanzaki is why she has those reaction speeds. She is actually only supersonic explictly by the novel. The only real known attack that may ignore durability is her Telesma explosion but that's less certain than Meltdowner.

When it was stated Accelerator's weakness was that he couldn't deflect attacks that didn't have vectors. It is unknown whether or not that Cendrillion was able to affect him because he chose to purposely stay out of her range and the fight in case it did.

Certaintly accelerator may be able to defeat her by simply using ranged attacks and staying out of her spell range, but it doesn't mean that he would be completely unaffected by spells that don't have vectors.

That must been in a side story lol. I haven't seen Kaori fightning Birdway but I did see a passage saying how she was physically weaker than two saints but had the ability to take them down using her magic. We saw during her fight with Touma that she could use elemental attacks, however Touma's imagine breaker makes a lot of magic useless against him.

For instance curse dolls which all magicians have countermeasures for wouldn't work against Touma because he has imagine breaker. On the other hand, someone like Mermuem who has no magic power would be suspecptible to all sorts of magic attacks that Birdway could not use on Touma.

Round 1 : just like greatest sin said ants king will get cocky and then mugino one shot him with her beam that ignore the durability of birdway destroy him she is city buster anyway

Round 2 : ants king move faster but birdwaw can react faster than his attacks ,mugino and mikoto reaction speed is slower but technically they should be able to reacts to his attacks they should be able to take him down eventually

but if he eats misaka that another issue

^im honored that you mentioned me but i didnt post anything in this threat until now :)

and imo i dont think that the three girls have a good match:

R1 would go either way, if meruem wants to analyze his enemys they could maybe get a win, but the longer the fight goes on the more meruem would get the upper hand...

R2: meruem would use his suprior speed and blitz mugino (her fastest feat was to escape a explosion which -im not sure- should make her supersonic +) and misaka (she does not have any notable speed feats except for reaction via esper power, but this was used against a saint that moves slightly below or above the speed of sound, against meruem it wouldnt make a difference),

with all shown abilitys of birdway i think meruem wins, she certainly has a few more spells but the currently shown ones (if i remember completly (of course except for the gungnir-copy)) would be unable to really harm meruem even if they hit several times...

Alakabamm said:
Saints are high hypersonic.
how so? the story itself says several times "a bit above speed of sound" or "a bit below the speed of sound" or "with the sonic boom her body started to vanish from the enemys field of vision" etc etc

im not sure how people came to hypersonic :(

Because the people who describe Saints as "a bit above the speed of sound" are untrustworthy narrators who don't truly reflect what is going on. Gabriel - the angel in the WW3 arc - was calc'ed at like Massively Hypersonic or something like that and Kanzaki - a mid tier Saint at best - kept up with it. That's not just "a little above the speed of sound."

^WW3 gabriel =/= angel fall arc gabriel, kanzaki was able to barely keep up with angel fall arc gebriels attacks and we are talking about a complete different scale, im sure you have read the books or have seen the anime, gabriels attacks in angel fall had been really low-scale compared to her WW3-self...

PS: the text outright says several times that they moved and reached "near speed of sound" or "a bit above speed of sound" but it seems like people ignore it via some powerscaling that isnt even necessary since their speeds are stated at least a few times in the LN :(

I'm not talking about Angel Fall arc, I mean WW3 arc. And Kanzaki's trouble in keeping up is what makes her reactions Massively Hypersonic, not her speed. But there was another saint that got calc'ed at High Hypersonic, I forget who.

Kamachi's novels don't necessary make perfect sense. I understand that we think of him as a scientific writer, but TBH Misaka should be able to hurt Accel by inducing a charge if we were actually going by the normal rules of physics.

^kanzaki never fought WW3-gabirel, she foguht in angel fall against a way weaker version, this cant even be used for scaling since we dont know the difference in power/speed between both version, actually in kanzaki SS (whichi is canon) a person explained that kanzaki was able to dodge a bullet because she looked at the explosion that happened in the gun before the bullet came out, directly reacting to a bullet was impossible even for her, now if we scale from there than it is pretty solid to put her fastest reaction speed to 5 or 10 times the speed of sound at most...btw, a calculation is completly unnecassary, the text of the LN explicity said how fast they moved :I

i agree, kamachi uses a lot of techno-babble and isnt really fond of explaining, furthermore he also has tendencys to use hyperboles in order to describe scenes in order to give them more "impact", but still, if he said saints move around speed of sound than we can take it as statement, or why does everyone take mach 3 railgun for ok even though a real one goes at the mach 7? it is because kamachi explicity stated it ^_^

Back