• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter X Hunter: Downgrade to Pre-rose Meruem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I say this because I'm not sure if there is enough evidence to support Meruem before being blown up as a City buster. Mean maybe it's suggested that he is because of the bomb, but does being burnt crisp and in a critical condition but surviving really count as tanking an explosion? If Meruem were to be nearly unharmed right after the explosion then I'd accept him at 7-B.

Of course when he fought Netero he stated that he was feeling a dull pain from the Kannon's barrage, that actually sounds similar to Kite scratching Pitou. In both of their fights they experienced pretty minimal damage. And speaking of Pitou, Meruem slapped her, with killing intent in fact, and she survived. Now that could have been a miscalculation on Meruem's part about Piou's durability and that he could have put in more force. But I don't see a 7-B attacking a 7-C very casually and the 7-C surviving.

And there is also Monster Gon, Pitou herself stated that he'd be a thread to the king, meaning a possible upgrade to his AP and striking strength. But he is a glass cannon because he sorta lacks in durability for getting his arm cut off by zombie Pitou.

So I wish to propose that Meruem be downgraded to High 7-C. That basically makes him stronger than the Royal Guards but not too overpowered.

7 votes means downgrade:5

disagree:1

These suggestions make sense to me. Meruem barely survived the Rose bomb, and though he did tank thousands of hits from Netero's attacks he was slowly being affected by them. And on top of that he failed to kill Pitou (or seriously incapacite her) in a single strike despite having self-proclaimed intent to do so.

I agree with putting Pre-Rose Meruem at High 7-C.

Like it or not he survived the bomb. Its the uppermost limit but it would still scale .

Netero would scale then. Although the blows had zero damage overall. After thousands upon thousands the pain only had a dull sensation of which meruem barely noticed .

The reason pitou survived was because he attacked under the assumption pitou was only powerful as the commanders he previously killed. He put no effort in and while he expected that blow to kill he was wrong and miscalculated pitous power . Meruem had not exerted any amount of effort and power until netero also .

That was post mortem pitou which gained an power boost as hisoka later on dud also and power boost in question was phenomenal . PPST mortem nen is the most powerful boost within the verse by far exuding adult gon .

Meruem and verses generally can and will scale to feats despite being lower.

A 7-B attack failed to deafeat him. While meruem factualy is much weaker and below a bomb he would still scale although to a lower degree (plus he did survive the blast at the at an epicenter and close proximity ) the thing i think is happening is that ya think he scales to the full blast . He doesnt but he does have scaling from poor man rose although to a lesser degree .

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Now I say this because I'm not sure if there is enough evidence to support Meruem before being blown up as a City buster. Mean maybe it's suggested that he is because of the bomb, but does being burnt crisp but surving really count as tanking an explosion. If Meruem were to be nearly unharmed right after the explosion then I'd accept him at 7-B.

Of course when he fought Netero he stated that he was feeling a dull pain from the Kannon's barrage, that actually sounds similar to Kite scratching Pitou. In both of their fights they experienced pretty minimal damage.
I'd only accept the Meruem Bomb feat if:

1. He survives

2. His torso is not burnt crisp

3. He can move efficiently

4. His limbs are not burnt off

or simply say that Meruem tanked the bomb! (that actually sounds pretty cool)

Him being a crisp doesnt mater . Over half his body endured the blast and was alive after being within the blast at point blank .

He barely survived the bomb, and had to be revived by his royal guardsmen.

I wouldn't say he really scales.

50% still intact does not count as tanking a bomb. I mean he survived, but just barely, he could have died if Pouf and Youpi didn't find him. So really it's basically out of luck that he survived.

But he did survive the bomb. A point blank double digit megaton bomb at a perfect area made to nuke him couldnt defeat him . He survived and most of his body was left entact. He was also conscious after the blast .

The fact his body was left entact would mean. Despite any semantics ya would put forth. A 7-B point blank blast could not overcome his durability entirely .

Netero wouldn't scale to Meruem if that's the reason, but I doubt barely clinging onto life is a valid reason. Boros doesn't scale to a """""""serious"""""" Saitama.

He would have survived and regenerated aledgedly. Not that this matters . Meruem survived the bomb. Its no different than Alex Mercer being floored from a nuke albiet meruem actualy had a body left and was conscious cal .

Also boros does scale to his roaring Cannon though .

And of course netero wouldnt scale. But im not the one putting hitting meruem thousands of times and giving him a barely notice dull pain that meruem himself didnt even mention as a counter to meruem being 7-B.

Either way hagane.

The bomb couldnt defeat him. He obviously not on par with the blast and within verses matches a blast of that magnitude would incapacitate him and long enough for a finishing blow although wether ya agreed or not he survived the blast and the blast couldnt overcome his durability .

How?! his page says nen consumption, but there's nothing is the wasteland, with nen, that he could eat. Not to mention that Meruem at the time was immobile and in a critical condition.

P.S. And if he had Regenerationn, why didn't he simply regenerate his f**king arm?

What part of long time do ya not understand? And youre right. He was completely Immobile. That would if been the cause of his hypothetical defeat.

And any flesh would heal him. Hes like Ridley (which is another profile that has feats like a bombing destroying most of him ).

Exact meruem was critically damaged but he was mostly there and survived albiet with major damage .

The bomb couldnt defeat him. The bomb couldnt overcome his durability fuly . Those are facts that despite what ya may think cant be disputed . Meruem is a low end of 7-B. He scales that high from surviving a double digit megaton blast at point blank .

Also another knock on your pitou example. Meruem was far weaker when he did that . Eating nen users boost his power which he had ate plenty of past that point .

Youre missing the point hagane.

The wiki acepets feat regardless of what damage was taken . He endured the poor man rose while most of him was left entact hafane .

Alex being my prime example . He scales from mcb despite being a puddle after his bomb feat .

If meruem was punched by a 7-B. Hed endure the punch .

He wouldbt of had to worry about being burnt alive from the crater and radiation .

Meruem regardless of how ya cut the death is 7-B. Not a powerful 7-B and low end also but 7-B none the less hagane and depending on the nature of a 7-B attack hed endure far better even .

We can tank a bullet coming from a gun, which is 9-C. But does it mean we are 9-C. Absolutely not. There are bunch of people who survived an explosion yet they are not superhuman. Meruem should not be scaled to Rose bomb.

He was caught within the literal epicenter and over half his body endured the blast .

A bullet us a bad example because of aoe . Meruem was completely engulfed at point blank .

The real cal howard said:
Elder Toguro doesn't scale to Younger Toguro for those same reasons tho.
Are ya talking about the netero or the rose cal .

If the wiki downgrades .eruem then plenty of profiles are getting hammered hard also cal .

Ya gotta be a lot more specific then.

As far as the wiki goes meruem would be a lower end of 7-B for enduring the bomb with most of his body left at point blank.

The 7-B calculated bomb could not defeat meruem despite being engulfed within the epicenter that a fact and cant be debated . Would he of eventually succumbed to his wounds yeah maybe but that doesnt detract from the calculated blast outright failing on defeating meruem .

So am i at this point talking to a wall? Is all the users within agreenent gona ignore the fact that meruem at point blank survived at blast calculated at double digit megaton ? Doesnt mater how much damage he endured (especially when profiles like alex mercer are a thing ) . He survived a blast that has a calculation backing the ap .

I think that J-Man has a point, but do not know what our standards are for situations like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back