• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter X Hunter: Downgrade to Pre-rose Meruem

Status
Not open for further replies.
VersusJunkie54 said:
That statement could warrant a Possibly 7-B for Post Rose. Since it implies Meruem could now take the Rose a second time, and not be reduced to almost nothing.

As for the Rage Blast scan, as I thought. The size of that rock seems to be contradicted, and downplayed by the view. But I'm not sure how you'd scale it.
That scan was talking about ore rose meruem ? Also ants could and have proven durviving far more lethal wounds .

Maybe use the anime for more consistent angle ?.

VersusJunkie54 said:
That statement could warrant a Possibly 7-B for Post Rose. Since it implies Meruem could now take the Rose a second time, and not be reduced to almost nothing.

As for the Rage Blast scan, as I thought. The size of that rock seems to be contradicted, and downplayed by the view. But I'm not sure how you'd scale it.
Some youtubers speculated that Meruem is at 7-A via that feat

So would "At most 7-B" or "Possibly 7-B" be an acceptable compromise solution?

Okay. We seem to have reached an agreement then.

Well, somebody experienced can perform the changes then.

Thank you. Are there still things to discuss here, or should we close this thread?

I'm sorry, but I feel like I have to put two points here, and they are against the apparent attempts to give Meruem inaccurate statistics in order to keep his matchups and allow for him to be deployed in more battles.

1. What feat is being used to classify Meruem as "At Least 7-C"? Have we not established that his survival of the Rose Bomb coupled with how he tanks everyone else's attacks with barely scratch damage give him a solid High 7-C classification? If on the other hand this is disagreed with, then given that High 7-C classification was put in there thanks to powerscaling, it's the one that should be removed instead. You can't have both without evidence for both which is hard to decide between. It would banalize the tiering system. We should focus on what seems true, not what gives us more match-ups. That's for stuff like "Speed Equalization" and haxxed opponents to balance out.
2. I'm not certain and correct me if I'm wrong, but are we really basing a 7-B classification on Meruem being stated to being impossible to one-shot with human weapons? Because given the state that he was in, this is clearly contradicted by the fact a stronger bomb like a Tsar Bomba would have one-shot him if a not even so high-end 7-B blast left him in such a sorry state. But this literal analysis is not the only contradiction to this argument: the very idea that this statement should be taken seriously is already contrived. Why? Because it's not even a hyperbole: what Shaiapouf is doing is outright flattery, an attempt to put the lord he adores atop a pedestal he does not stand to. It's similar to how real life monarchs were said to be divine, ninjas actively spreaded rumors of their own supernatural powers, or how the Nazarick NPCs from Overlord believe that nothing Ainz says can possibly be wrong, when that's untrue even of the Extraordinary Genius they paint him as. Meruem shouldn't scale to such a non-scientific statement lacking in credibility and with obvious bias towards magnifying his greatness.

So, I believe Meruem should be left with only solid keys. Either "At Least 7-C | Low 7-B" in case of the High 7-C being contradicted by someone, or "High 7-C | Low 7-B" like I proposed before.

However we like battle threads, blinding ourselves from reality in order to protect one or another of them is against the idea that this wiki tries to do the best job at powerscaling it can. It would be antiethical to let this be.

I'm sorry if the last paragraph seemed rude, but if I got the meaning of this classification right it does indeed seem absurd in my mind. I do propose we call a calc group member to redo all calcs Meruem scales to, since they're so confusing and lacking in data.

I don't think your last paragraph was rude. We aren't taking Pouf's statement literally as "Meruem can't be killed by human weapons" but rather "The blast of this particular weapon, which we do have a calc for, failed to kill him." I think that's enough for a possibly rating for post-rose, who would be far superior to when he actually survived the attack. I do agree that pre-rose should just be solidly High 7-C though.

Like I said, the blast failing to kill him really doesn't tell much, given a 9-B blast might fail to kill a human. (I'd try 9-A blasts too but without a way to transform it into pressure all I can say that "a human with Mid-level Regenerationn might also survive 9-A explosion", lol)

Still, like I said, it cannot be taken literally since it's flattery, not a honest analysis. I know you're trying to protect his match-up with Leone, but don't distort stuff to fit that narrative.

I stand by my previous statement. If the majority ends up disagreeing with me, then oh well. I lost the argument and we can move on.

Saving it here so it can be pasted there whenever needed:

Powers and Stats
Tier: High 7-C | Low 7-B

Name:
Meruem, Chimera Ant King, 'King' By The Royal Guards

Origin: Hunter X Hunter

Classification: Chimera Ant King, Nen Practitioner

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Genius Intelligence, Immense Pain Resistance, Skilled Martial Artist, Nen Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception (Via En), Aura (His Nen is capable of inducing fear into others), Limited Power Absorption (Gains the aura and abilities of anyone that he consumes), Regenerationn (Low-Mid, via consumption) | Shapeshifting (Via Metamorphosis), Flight, Energy Projection (Via Rage Blast), Light Manipulation (Can transmute his Aura into photons), Teleportation, Clairvoyance (Via Photon), Limited Telepathy (Can read the minds of those his Aura has touched and detect lies), Limited Poison Resistance (Resisted the poison from the Rose Bomb for some time)

Attack Potency: Large Town level (Stronger than all other Chimera Ants, including his three royal guards: Youpi, Pitou, and Pouf. Destroyed his own arm when he felt humiliated as a show of respect.) | Small City level (A casual Rage Blast is this powerful. He is stronger than before)

Speed: At least High Hypersonic+, likely Massively Hypersonic (Superior to all other Chimera Ants, which includes Pitou) | Massively Hypersonic (His speed increased to 3 times the previous value)

Lifting Strength: Class M | Class M

Striking Strength:
Large Town Class | Small City Class

Durability:
Large Town level (Netero could not do any meaningful damage to him, only feeling a dull pain after thousands of strikes. Even the Zero Hand, his most powerful attack, only gashed the King. He also barely survived the detonation of the Rose bomb) | Small City level (Is more durable than before)

Stamina: Extremely high (As stated in durability, Meruem was able to take thousands of attacks from Netero with minimal damage to his person whilst continuously attacking him)

Range: Extended melee range. 3 Kilometers via Nen techniques. | Extended melee range. Tens of kilometers via Nen techniques.

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius, being able to learn and master nearly anything he comes across to in a very short amount of time. After many matches of Gungi with the world champion of it, Komugi, he could pick up slight deviations in Netero's attacks that were so small, that they "couldn't even be called a bias", allowing him to sever an arm and a leg from Netero.

Weaknesses: None notable | Suffers poisoning from the Miniature rose bomb, and will slowly die after a extended period of time because of it.

Notable Skills/Techniques:

• Aura Synthesis: Meruem's initial ability gives him strength through consumption. Meruem's aura grows every time he devours a user of Nen, with their aura synthesizing to his own. Upon consuming two of his royal guards, Pouf and Youpi, he also gained some of their Hatsu. The amount of someone's body he needs to consume in order to do this is unknown, although it is likely he must absorb much of their aura to obtain their Hatsu.
After Absorbing Shaiapouf and Menthuthuyoupi:

• Metamorphosis: Meruem can give himself wings, extra eyes and limbs, and even recompose his entire body structure utilizing aura.
  • Rage Blast: Meruem is able to use Menthuthuyoupi's ability to use "Rage" in a concentrated blast of aura.
  • Photon: He is able to use and evolve Shaiapouf's ability of Spiritual Message. This secondary ability allows him to transmute his aura into photons. Each photon maintains his aura, allowing Meruem to measure the shape, quality, emotion, and other informational content about the things the photons interact with, and as stated by Welfin and Shaiapouf, he can know everything, even lies. The precision of the information he can gather depends on the quantity of photons directed at the object of interest. Meruem deploys these photons in his En in a flash, and then is able to instantly go to anything the photons reach.
Key: Pre-Rose | Post-Rose

I'm more of the supporter for 7-B post rose Meruem FRA and a HxH revision thread that talks about this. Also the Low 7-B feat was very, very, very casual, and it made Pouf an Youpi crap themselves. So I think 7-B is appropriate for Meruem.

@Mand21

That seems fine to me, with the exception that he should have Transformation not Shapeshifting.

@Hagane

Maybe "At least Small City level" would be warranted then? What do the rest of you think?

I checked, and his current post-rose bomb key seems fine, yes.

Well, this discussion is progressing so slowly that it is hard for me to keep track in-between all of my other tasks.

I think we should implement what everyone agreed on (High 7-C pre-rose), and if anyone still wants to argue over the second key, they can make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back