• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sam can clear that in a heartbeat. Also it's done with a move that has Hogan jumping into Orbit so Sam has like 6000000000 chances to stop it at any given time.

hogan and sam are about as fast as each other excluding blade mode (which i’m pretty sure just increases reactions)

hogan doesn’t specifically need to jump into orbit in order to do that but ok
Yes, thing is not only is the leg drop not a first move, but trying to argue "range" with it is silly lmao. Also Blade Mode increases all speed.

It's his only show of the ability soooo

Yes, thing is not only is the leg drop not a first move, but trying to argue "range" with it is silly lmao
should i bloodlust honker
It's his only show of the ability soooo
he is shown to use earth manip by pointing at the ground, nothing suggests that he can't do that without leg dropping. its not like he is then suddenly overtaken by a compulsive urge to jump into space and leg drop his opponent

should i bloodlust honker

he is shown to use earth manip by pointing at the ground, nothing suggests that he can't do that without leg dropping. its not like he is then suddenly overtaken by a compulsive urge to jump into space and leg drop his opponent
Wouldn't help

Scans? Cause it's only down on his page as the leg drop

Scans? Cause it's only down on his page as the leg drop
actually it isn't, i'm dumb

its a different move

"Hogan causes the ground to shake before pointing at his opponent, causing the ground to shoot up knocking the enemy into the air. Hulk finishes by smashing through the wall created by the stone earth, throwing the opponent back."

what's stopping lulk logan from doing that here

actually it isn't, i'm dumb

its a different move

"Hogan causes the ground to shake before pointing at his opponent, causing the ground to shoot up knocking the enemy into the air. Hulk finishes by smashing through the wall created by the stone earth, throwing the opponent back."

what's stopping lulk logan from doing that here
His head being in two pieces

they aren’t starting at melee range so sam will have to clear that distance before he can kill hank horge, which would give shulk time to use a ranged attack

yeah not much Hogan can do against being bloodshed'd
e25.gif

why not, all he has to do is point at the ground
Because speed amp goes brrrrrrr
Best pick something that's gonna save ya before you get sent to brazil. He doesn't have time to do a bunch of random shit or think heavily on what to do, and I'm not sure Hogan leads with comboing his skills together for no real reason.

Because speed amp goes brrrrrrr
blade mode doesn’t help with movement speed and sam has to manually activate it, if honkie hogie is using earth manip i doubt sam will realize what’s going on in time to use blade mode and dodge. he needs to know that he has to use blade mode, and it’s not like he’d expect the ground to start shooting upwards into him
He doesn't have time to do a bunch of random shit or think heavily on what to do, and I'm not sure Hogan leads with comboing his skills together for no real reason.
i am talking about bloodlusted luke logan

blade mode doesn’t help with movement speed
It does though? What are you talking about, we even see them do cool fancy flips and shit while in Blade Mode, the only thing they actually need is to "focus". Them standing still for gameplay purposes isn't the same as them needing to stand still in canon to do it (doubly so when even in gameplay, there's QTE's where they move around with blade mode active).
i doubt sam will realize what’s going on in time to use blade mode and dodge.
You realize this is a Metal Gear dude we're talking about? The same dudes who are trained extensively to pick up on extremely minute changes in just about anything and to act accordingly within a split moment? Sam being one of the more skilled ******* for no reason other than he's cool.
he needs to know that he has to use blade mode, and it’s not like he’d expect the ground to start shooting upwards into him
You sure? He lives in a verse where something like that would be like, whatever, hell he fought Armstrong who has moves that shatter the ground, cause the ground to erupt beneath him and so on, it's not like he hasn't experience with those types of moves and abilities.
i am talking about bloodlusted luke logan
Bloodlusting doesn't make a character smarter.

It does though? What are you talking about
on the profile it specifically says that it increases reactions and combat speed
we even see them do cool fancy flips and shit while in Blade Mode,
don’t they do that outside of blade mode as well
(doubly so when even in gameplay, there's QTE's where they move around with blade mode active).
iirc mgr has quick time events outside of blade mode
You realize this is a Metal Gear dude we're talking about? The same dudes who are trained extensively to pick up on extremely minute changes in just about anything and to act accordingly within a split moment?
does that apply to brazilian kenjutsu as well? sam was trained differently than other metal gear characters
either way though, horges earth manip can tag other characters who are roughly as fast as sam
You sure? He lives in a verse where something like that would be like, whatever, hell he fought Armstrong who has moves that shatter the ground, cause the ground to erupt beneath him and so on, it's not like he hasn't experience with those types of moves and abilities.
yes he has experience, that doesn’t mean he’s gonna expect it to happen at any given moment. my point is that since the attack comes from basically out of nowhere, sam will not have time to see it coming and activate blade mode
Bloodlusting doesn't make a character smarter.
it allows them to act out of character and do whatever it takes to win, which in this case means hutyk using ranged attacks

on the profile it specifically says that it increases reactions and combat speed

Yes, that includes burst movement, Sam might not be running a billion miles, but a fuckton of meters? That's literally one leap for him. Unless you're putting Sam and Hogan like a city apart or some shit.
don’t they do that outside of blade mode as well
Yeah? My point was they also do it while in Blade Mode. Any zed animation would be a ok example of what I mean.

iirc mgr has quick time events outside of blade mode
Uh, yeah? It does? There being QTE's outside of Blade Mode doesn't invalidate when they are, that's literally not how it works.
yes he has experience, that doesn’t mean he’s gonna expect it to happen at any given moment. my point is that since the attack comes from basically out of nowhere, sam will not have time to see it coming and activate blade mode
Except again, Metal Gear character, the moment he gestures to do anything Sam is going to be running through his head numerous possibilities as to why he just did that and when he feels the ground shift or the air move even slightly he's gonna be on that shit. Remember, Sam has cybernetic enhancements, it might not be a lot (which is a testament to how jacked this dude is), but he still has the basics.
it allows them to act out of character and do whatever it takes to win, which in this case means hutyk using ranged attacks
No it allows them to be bloodlusted, it doesn't let them go "oh he's gonna combo all his attacks together instantly and do a bunch of things that would normally not even occur to him as possible", no it means "yeah he wants Sam dead so he's gonna whip out whatever he has", he's still gonna be using those things in ways you'd expect him to, it also doesn't mean he's going to abuse long range either, he doesn't know what Sam has or what he does, he would need a good reason to assume his long range stuff is better suited and optimal over his usually far better CQC shit. Like what if CQC was better to use against Sam? Would he still abuse long range? You can't just say he automatically does the best possible option, there has to be incentive, bloodlust or not.

Yes, that includes burst movement, Sam might not be running a billion miles, but a fuckton of meters? That's literally one leap for him. Unless you're putting Sam and Hogan like a city apart or some shit.
ok i know that jetsterl samuel has very big muscular legs but i dont recall him ever jumping that fast
Yeah? My point was they also do it while in Blade Mode. Any zed animation would be a ok example of what I mean.
weren't you trying to prove that blade mode enhances his movement speed? i never said it decreased his movement speed i just don't think blade mode enhances it
Except again, Metal Gear character, the moment he gestures to do anything Sam is going to be running through his head numerous possibilities as to why he just did that and when he feels the ground shift or the air move even slightly he's gonna be on that shit. Remember, Sam has cybernetic enhancements, it might not be a lot (which is a testament to how jacked this dude is), but he still has the basics.
do cybernetic enhancements affect his senses? because i don't see anything about that on the profile. actually i don't see enhanced senses on there at all, outside of his perception of time slowing down during blade mode
You can't just say he automatically does the best possible option, there has to be incentive, bloodlust or not.
ok then hoglin now has prior knowledge

Back