• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Scaling Problems with Guilty Gear, multiple upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it has come to my attention in looking over the profiles for Guilty Gear that the scaling seems to be very much off. Just looking at the pages I can see that the whole thing seems rather haphazard, with many things being listed as evidence for tiers that they blatantly contradict. E.g. a character being stated as one of the strongest beings in the verse, yet scaling to the low-tiers.

I'm not proclaiming to be an expert, I'm just offering up a possible scale based on what is already stated in the pages (forgive me for the impending long list).

High 4-C: Full Power Sol, That Man, Slayer, Ky, Gabriel, Full Power Bedman (should be upgraded based on scaling to serious Slayer)

Either 4-C or High 4-C: Leo (considered Ky's rival, cracked Bedman's frame), Dizzy (should be upgraded based on statements of being one of the strongest beings in the verse)

4-C: Serious Sol, Justice, Kliff, Raven, Valentine

5-C, possibly higher: Testament (killed Potempkin), Potempkin (scales to low-tiers with his limiter on, Gabriel believes he could've beaten Bedman the second time around), Chipp (Potempkin considers him a worthy peer/opponent, and offers him the same job), Answer (comparable to Chipp, casually scales to low-tiers while multitasking), Zato-1 (at least scales to low-tiers, but held off Bedman once), Baiken (can fight Answer and casual Ky), Jam (at least scales to low-tiers, but Slayer claimed she could potentially damage him), Sin (scales to low tiers with limiter on and fighting casually)

5-C: Casual Sol, everyone else

Has been a long time when I read about GG, but isn't Justice stronger than Dizzy since the personality of the last one dicrease her potential? Also, where's the 5-C feat coming from?

1. I feel like that would be more of a weakness than a scaling issue. If Dizzy were bloodlusted, she would be equal to Justice at the very least. E.g. her effortlessly countering an attack from a revived Justice in Rev 2 after getting her wings under control.

2. Jack-O's Insta-kill, which is being used to scale to everyone low-tier.

1. Wouldn't that still makes her, at most, as strong as Justice?

2. I see

And what happened to the 4-B stat?

The 4-B stats became High 4-C, while the High 4-C became 4-C+ due to Assault stellar revision. There is no need to add possibly higher.

1. I suppose. In which case, I can move her place on the list.

@Dark649 Yeah nobody will be higher than High 4-C, it just seems like the Assault revision might have mixed up the pre-existing scaling

- Dizzy definitely growed in power in XRD as she was complimented by Ky that her power has grown since when they fought the first time and she countered an attack from Justice, which was soon to be fully revived, but the process was stopped by Sol and co. since the main plot of the arc was to stop Justice revival.

- Not sure about Bedman since both him and Slayer were not going at 100% in their battle, Bedman also gave a little pressure to Gabriel, but he was defeated by him without issues.

- Same for Leo, Ky was not serious as he was with Sol when they fought as sparring rivals, Bedman was likely in his base and seems to be paired with the rest of the 5-C characters.

- True, which could imply that she could get a second key for post-Xrd

- 3 points:

• Slayer personally trained, for the first time in thousands of years, in order to get strong enough to assure victory against Bedman.
  • Several statements during the fight show that, while he is enjoying himself, Slayer is actively trying to kill Bedman, and expected to do so with his first move. The way he moves during the fight is clearly with actual technique rather that goofing around and toying with Bedman. And sleeping beauty manages to avoid Slayer's attacks, catch him by surprise several times, almost immediately earn his admiration, and most notably tear off his arm at less than 8% of his power. Slayer's demeanor throughout the whole thing indicates that he's having more fun because he ca use actual skill against Bedman and finds him to be a worthy opponent.
  • Add to that the fact that he tanked Gabriel's Agni X, and I think we have plenty of reason to count him among the God-tiers.

I suppose that 4-C+ post XRD Dizzy key and High 4-C 100% Bedman are reasonable.

Alright. May I implement those edits?

Also what do you think of the reasonings for the "possibly higher" ratings for the specified 5-C characters? It's not an issue per se, I just feel like there is evidence for them being at least a bit higher than the other low tiers

Yes, for the possibly higher that is not necessary since the other 5-C+ can fight and potentially kill eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back