• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why are you insistent on the character's biological sex to be listed?

I don't think I need to explain myself to you at this point. We're currently waiting on an official response from Fandom concerning this. Once Fandom has made their position clear, then the profiles can be edited.

Stop nulling multiple pages addressing why it's insensitive to label a character this way and instead hyperfocusing on your nonsensical version of accuracy.

I'm not aware of anything in Fandom's guidelines that say that it is insensitive to label a character this way. Just so you know, I'm the one who insisted that Yamato be labelled as male in the first place on their profile despite how controversial this was with several other members on here - and I argued this topic strongly on the One Piece wiki too despite how unpopular it was, because I believed that it was the right and most accurate thing to do - and all I've been focusing on is making sure our pages are in line with Fandom's gender identity guidelines.

If you think I'm just acting out of spite or ignorance or something, then I'm afraid you're just misunderstanding me.

I don't think I need to explain myself to you at this point.
You saying it doesn't make it come true, exactly, so do explain yourself.
We're currently waiting on an official response from Fandom concerning this. Once Fandom has made their position clear, then the profiles can be edited.
I don't care for the FANDOM response because we can make standards within FANDOM guidelines regarding.
I'm not aware of anything in Fandom's guidelines that say that it is insensitive to label a character this way. I'm the one who insisted that Yamato be labelled as male in the first place and their profile despite how controversial this was with several other members on here - and I argued this topic strongly on the One Piece wiki too despite how unpopular it was, because I believed that it was the right thing to do - and all I've been focusing on is making sure our pages are in line with Fandom's gender identity guidelines.
...Damage I am not asserting you're transphobic, so irrelevant, you're rulebook thumping sensitivities here, which is wrong and I am demonstrating wrong.

And the accuracy claim is in general wrong so this point is trivial, the gender will still be Female.
If you think I'm just acting out of spite or ignorance or something, then I'm afraid you're just misunderstanding me.
...yes, you being ignorant would be me misunderstanding you since you didn't mean offense and are instead an uninformed person, in which case you would realise it and back down from your assertions, not pursue them more.

And what else are you requiring to be addressed if not genitals, Damage? A character's social gender identity isn't enough since her being listed Female alone is suddenly wrong, so it HAS to be biological distinction present, and sexual characteristics by definition are said biological distinction, so yeah you ARE ASKING for her sexual features to be addressed onto the file for God knows what purposes.

If it was just about listing a character's gender it ends with her being listed female. End of story. No thread needed.

...Damage I am not asserting you're transphobic, so irrelevant, you're rulebook thumping sensitivities here, which is wrong and I am demonstrating wrong.

Good to know, thanks.

As I stated, we're just waiting for Fandom so I'm not continuing the discussion right now.

FANDOM's policy not a factor for my argument, especially since you're just conflating sex and gender classifications as one in the same, so this is an irrelevant wait for me.

If FANDOM comes around and says yes then I'll still be against it getting applied on wiki since what is suggested is a guideline, and said guideline being listed on our files, especially given wiki purposes is trivial, unnecessary and again given wiki purpose, insensitive labelling.

I will also like to complement you on just not addressing most of the post and only select bits which make you look in a positive light

Nobody here means any harm. Everybody please calm down and let's wait to see what the Fandom staff thinks. Then we have all information on the table and can make an informed decision based on that.

Our wiki representative has responded. I posted a new staff forum thread here, for a possible new rule addition:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back