• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Legend of Zelda Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. If you write another summary of the discussion and conclusions so far, I can make another attempt to call some more staff members here, but if that proves to not work, we will have to apply what has been decided previously.

It has been discussed and generally agreed that every character who is currently rated as 5-B (Except for Majoras first key and the second key of the Four Giants) should be upgraded to At least 4-A, likely 3-A, possibly Low 2-C. The 4-A low end coming from Vaati who created a dimension containing stars, and the 3-A/Low 2-C high end coming from Vaati absorbing most of the Light Force which makes him comparable to Hylia (Whose own power is the Light Force) and by extension the Wind Fish, who is 3-A, possibly Low 2-C.

We need a considerably more elaborate summary than that, or staff members who read your post will be unable to make a proper evaluation.

We need a considerably more elaborate summary than that, or staff members who read your post will be unable to make a proper evaluation.
Don't know how much more I can elaborate on for the 4-A, 3-A, and Low 2-C stuff but I'll try for the stuff that is currently being contended.

There are some supposed 2-C feats are from universe merging, the first one done by Zant where he merges the Light World and the Twilight Realm together although it's been argued that the timeframe of the merging seems to be too long for it to be a legit 2-C feat and Cal mentioned at some point that maybe the statement shouldn't be taken literally. The other feat is from Hyrule Warriors where the full Triforce and the Triforce of power merge different timelines together, although it's been argued that the entire timelines aren't being fused and it's just using portals or merging only small parts of the timeline together.

There were arguments for the Breath of the Wild characters scaling to the Triforce but it's seems like it's being agreed to wait until the new game comes out and gives us more information first before assuming anything about that. And since I don't think I made it too clear in my last post, the reason Vaati scaling to the Wind Fish also makes other the 5-B characters scale is due to Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power being superior to the Ganon in FSA who in turn is stronger than Vaati.

We have three knowledgeable and respected staff members agreeing already, is that not enough?
Unfortunately it doesn't seem that way, but hopefully more staff will come in soon.

Don't know how much more I can elaborate on for the 4-A, 3-A, and Low 2-C stuff but I'll try for the stuff that is currently being contended.

There are some supposed 2-C feats are from universe merging, the first one done by Zant where he merges the Light World and the Twilight Realm together although it's been argued that the timeframe of the merging seems to be too long for it to be a legit 2-C feat and Cal mentioned at some point that maybe the statement shouldn't be taken literally. The other feat is from Hyrule Warriors where the full Triforce and the Triforce of power merge different timelines together, although it's been argued that the entire timelines aren't being fused and it's just using portals or merging only small parts of the timeline together.

There were arguments for the Breath of the Wild characters scaling to the Triforce but it's seems like it's being agreed to wait until the new game comes out and gives us more information first before assuming anything about that. And since I don't think I made it too clear in my last post, the reason Vaati scaling to the Wind Fish also makes other the 5-B characters scale is due to Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power being superior to the Ganon in FSA who in turn is stronger than Vaati.
@The_real_cal_howard @Starter_Pack @Migue79

Do you hve any input regarding this?

We have three knowledgeable and respected staff members agreeing already, is that not enough?
I usually prefer to use a better safe than sorry approach, but I suppose that it is probably fine. It doesn't hurt with more input though.

welp

tumblr_inline_o1krfhGEiT1ttwk62_540.png

I think that we have to allow what has been accepted here to be applied at this point, yes.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

I've got like half an hour so I can do a few characters but I won't be on the site for the next few days so others will have to edit everyone else.

It should also be noted (Just in case people forget) that since the characters are being upgraded to 4-A, likely 3-A, possibly Low 2-C due to being comparable to Demise and Hylia, their speed also needs to be changed to match Demises Sub-Relativistic+ with Massively FTL reactions and combat speed so please remember to make that change as well. And also just in case someone forgets, these upgrades do not apply to Calamity Ganon and BOTW Link yet, there needs to be a thread regarding the Masters Swords weird tiering first before they can be changed from High 6-A.

Last edited:
It seems best if you wait a few days until you can properly edit all of the pages in one go instead.

It seems best if you wait a few days until you can properly edit all of the pages in one go instead.
I guess so although was hoping other knowledgeable members on Zelda would be willing to help instead of me just doing it all. I did change 4 pages before you posted this message though, so should I quickly go back and revert those changes?

I suppose that they can remain changed then. Just try to finish the rest as quickly as possible, and link to this thread in the edit summary boxes.

Ok so I've still got a little more time left than I thought I did so I should be able to get at least the vast majority of the pages done before I have to leave.

Okay. Thank you. Please remember to handle the edits properly, as I stated above.

Ok, I gotta head off now but I got all the important pages (Villains that scale to Ganon, all the Links that scale to Vaati and Ganon, etc...). The only ones I didn't have time to do were 2 or 3 weapon profiles, but besides those small number of weapons everyone who needed to be updated has been updated.

Okay. Thank you. Can you tell us here which pages that are left to do please?

Okay. Thank you.

Is somebody else here who knows what he or she is doing willing to handle editing those pages?

I find this a mess, people went ahead and did many things I have several questions over and should have waited. I can only ask 1 thing at a time to realistically achieve anything: So, why does Hylia scale to this stuff for no reason?

Not sure where specifically, but Hylia is the one the Golden Goddesses trust more than anyone at defending the Triforce is one fact. And she's superior to the Leviathans; including Wind Fish. And she should especially be above Vaati; his empowerment is literally just a small fraction of Hylia's power. Hylia being below Vaati makes about as much sense as Ganondorf being below the strength of a random Phantom Ganon.

Eficiente and Medeus: Thank you both for helping out.

Not sure where specifically, but Hylia is the one the Golden Goddesses trust more than anyone at defending the Triforce is one fact. And she's superior to the Leviathans; including Wind Fish. And she should especially be above Vaati; his empowerment is literally just a small fraction of Hylia's power. Hylia being below Vaati makes about as much sense as Ganondorf being below the strength of a random Phantom Ganon.
Starting on the latter bit, it's not really about the veracity of it but its proof we need to put in profiles. I see all the profiles and got many questions and want to see the evidence backing up certain claims, anyone who didn't play all the games nor follows this threads would feel the same, and that's beneath my standards as I see it. Any 1 user shouldn't be the one holding the info others ask and Hylia doesn't have any profile I can see. She scaling "seems like it will be legit once I see it" but that's that, I don't see it, if the Wind Fish is a Leviathan then that should be added in his Classification with a link to it, last time I checked they only told me that Hylia was above all other gods below her, which didn't mean anything.

I do agree that there should be more Imgur uploaded images linked in the profiles for the specific statements.

Is somebody here willing to properly update these pages please?
Welp I'm back so guess I'll update them since nobody else did.

And she should especially be above Vaati; his empowerment is literally just a small fraction of Hylia's power. Hylia being below Vaati makes about as much sense as Ganondorf being below the strength of a random Phantom Ganon.
It wasn't just a small fraction of Hylias power that empowered Vaati, he absorbed almost all of the Light Force. She's for sure stronger but it's not by much.

Why would age of calamity Zelda and breath of the wild Zelda powers be different.

Plus LoZ Nintendo have never used the Triforce as synonymous to Hylia's powers since her symbol is always shown as a praying angel.

And we can't forget the fact that Zelda prayed to Farore, Nayru and Din to give her /awaken her powers.

Plus the masterwork was purposely kept ambiguous but they weren't fooling anyone since literally the same team and writers of AoC confirms the fact that the powers she was granted was the Triforce.

Everything points to the fact what she used was the Triforce.

Last thing we need is to pull a Link's Awakening where we have to wait X amount of years for something obvious.

Ashen stop spamming multiple posts and focus on the topic at hand. If you want to add abstract existence then make a separate CRT for this. Also post scans to back your point up cause you haven’t been doing that very often here.

First of all I am not spamming second of all this is a Zelda upgrade third of all I did address stuff that was there.

Aka triforce Zelda breath of the wild.

Plus my opening statement was question, sorry if you are annoyed by it.

Plus the abstract stuff was literally mentioned way earlier in this thread and the 3 other Zelda crt's before this one, so yes I am allowed to bring this up.

This thread has nothing to do with hax additions, this is about the tiering, if you wanna discuss abstract existence ganon then make another CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back