• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Doctor Who Revisions

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
Re-writing the Doctor's page

This is content I have redone, due to plagiarism, and adding things from an old content revision thead.

Tier
10-B. Possibly 5-B during Regenerationn | At least 9-B with the Sonic Screwdriver, At least 4-C likely 4-B with TARDIS (The TARDIS contains a High 1-C power source) | 5-A with Time Lock, possibly Low 2-C (with the Skasis Paradigm, and by flying the Pandorica into a self-destructing TARDIS) , High 1-C (With the Key to Time), Unknow with the Moment.

Powers and Abilities
Regenerationn (Mid-Low), Longevity (Each Regenerationn cycle could last for about 1000 years) Time Travel, Time Manipulation, Energy Manipulation (Can power up devices and even enhance their capabilities with the Sonic Screwdriver) Telepathy, Preparation, Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Technological Manipulation, Summoning, Enhanced Senses, Resistance/Immunity (To many forms of Radiation, Poison, Mind and Telepathy attacks, as well as Possession and Mind Control. Is also resistant to time alterations such as remembering people/objects that are erased from time and time loops) and surviving extremely hot/cold temperatures for short periods, Pocket Reality Manipulation (TARDIS and his pockets are bigger on the inside), Hacking. Is also capable of surviving without oxygen for a short period.

Attack Potency
Human level. Possibly Planet level+ or higher during regenerations ( The Eleventh Doctor's Regenerationn managed to destroy a Dalek Saucer) | At least Wall level with the sonic screwdriver (3 screwdrivers managed to destroy a Dalek, At least Star level likely Solar System level with TARDIS | Large Planet level+ with Time Lock, possibly Universe level+ (Using preparation time with the Skasis Paradigm, and by flying the Pandorica into a self-destructing TARDIS), High Complex Multiverse level (The TARDIS contains an 11-dimensional matrix) and the Key to Time is comparable to The Six-Fold God, Unknow with the Moment (Was going to wipe out everything involved in the Last Great Time War).

Durability
Street level (Has survived being struck by lightning multiple times and has survived falls that would kill a normal human), likely higher after regenerating (Can regenerate body parts and should be comparable to River Song who wasn't even scratched by large amounts of gunfire)

Range
Universal+ with his TARDIS, several dozen metres with the Sonic Screwdriver.

Standard Equipment

• TARDIS: A sentient time travel machine that can take the Doctor to various places across space-time.
  • Sonic Screwdriver: A multi-purpose tool that allows him to, power-up, hack into, repair, open, destroy/disable various things.
  • Psychic Paper: A blank piece of paper that he shows to others to show them whatever he wants them to believe who he is. This can also be used on machinery too.
  • Shades: The Doctor has had shades that have infrared/thermal imaging, as well as "Sonic Glasses" that are capable of the same abilities as a sonic screwdriver.
Intelligence
Super Genius. Knows incredible amounts of things about the universe (Claims to be able to speak 5 billion languages, and is capable of easily deducing equipment to its point of origin). Can know details of objects just by tasting/smelling them and can tell where he is in the universe by looking at the alignment of stars. Has created various equipment/weapons out of nothing but junk on several occasions. Has a very in-depth knowledge on Earth history (Because of travelling their lots) and has picked up many skills from various historic people in his travels. On several occasions and incarnations has fought, defeated, and outsmarted beings such as the Eternals and Guardians of Time.

Weaknesses
Is unwilling to change fixed points in history (Although sometimes he has ignored this). Generally hates using guns. Burning out both his hearts will stop him from regenerating, as well as killing him before he can finish regenerating (He also has a maximum total of 12 regenerations). The Sonic Screwdriver doesn't work on wood or anything with a deadlock seal.

Key
Physically | With Equipment | With Preparation Time

Revisions I want to make

The Doctor

• The Doctor should at least be athletic human IMHO, due his alien physiology and constant displays of being incredibly athletic (He kept punching a diamond wall whilst continuing with bloody hands, not to mention being constantly chased by the creature).
  • Other categories should be added from the recent changes and I believe that adding "Tragic Characters" (see the whole show), "Summoners" (the Moment can summon all of his incarnations), "Married Characters" (To River Song).
  • His Regenerationn for whatever reason is at Mid-Low, but he can regrow limbs so it should be at High-Low
  • It could also be higher as the Doctor's hand regrew to form a human version of himself (Low-High)
The TARDIS

• It's possible for the TARDIS to visit the higher dimensions.
It's possible that a TARDIS could visit these higher dimensions or even collapse it so that they could explore lesser ones.
~ Quote
  • In this video the Doctor used his Tardis to freeze someone in time, trapped someone in mirrors, and tricked someone into the event horizon of a collapsing galaxy. (Also wrapped someone in chains forged in the heart of a "Dwarf Star", put this can just come under general prep)
  • In the episode "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS", the doctor comes across a room that allows it to "grow any machine of his desire. This is called a Architectural reconfiguration system. In the same episode, the Tardis can bend its interior to make an infinite loop, so it's impossible for the person to escape.
Here is more information from the respect thread on Spacebattles (A huge thanks to them and they deserve a LOT of Kudos too)

• "TARDISes can slice off portions of the universe and set them adrift into the Void"
Spoiler
Stretched out into impossible knives, scalpels large enough to dissect stars, the TARDISes linked to the ship piloted by the Doctor, spun and pivoted around the edge of Mictlan, around the mass of the devouring entity that had engulfed it. Mictlan was a boil, a pustule, a wart on the outer face of the universe. Silently, skilfully, the TARDISes cut it away.
Inside Mictlan, the damned and the devils ran, but the ground had mouths and the hills had eyes. They vanished and reappeared as the systems battled to preserve them even as their timelines were devoured. As their whole world became detached from the surface of normal space, became a micro-universe of its own, they never even noticed.

The Predator, however, did. Its limbs, its outer extremities, its roots remained in the space-time of its home universe, but its feeding organs were buried deep into the rich flank of this smaller domain that tasted so good. It hurt. The sensation of pain was a new one. It didn't like it.

The Predator was preparing to vomit up its feed, to abandon its prey, to pull itself back into the larger feeding bowl of the universe, when ― metaphorically speaking ― thirty-nine TARDISes hit it in the small of the back, and tore it loose from its hold, sending it out after its meal, still attached to it by its many mouths, pulling itself into it. The worm in the apple.

• "They can catch and hold conceptual entities within their telepathic circuits"
We have to get back to the TARDIS. I can download the Shift into the telepathic circuits, seal it inside one of the memory cells. You'll have to help me.
  • "TARDISes can generate fields of altered time flow around them, aging and de-aging, or even stopping things:"

The Doctor waved his hand around the warehouse. 'The moment the door to the warehouse was closed, the Master's TARDIS generated a jigsaw of temporal boundaries. Within the regions created by those boundaries, the flow of time differs from the norm. In some it is frozen. In others, it is running hundreds, thousands of times faster. And in others still it is running backwards. You, Stuart, had the good fortune to stumble into one of the regions in which it was running backwards, as well as the good fortune for me to pull you out of there before you unaged back to an embryo.
  • "TARDISes can mess with spatial dimensions around them, like in the episode Listen":
Spoiler
With increasing unease and an underlying sense of panic, Holsred led Compassion through the corridors towards the TARDIS Cradles. Any sabotage would be attempted there, presumably, by sundering the young time ships and allowing their internal dimensions to spill out, disrupting local space-time and killing anything in their path. Holsred had a deep distrust of TARDISes. They were merely vehicles, devices for travel, machines. Yet the level of calculation required to travel the vortex safely required a huge amount of interpretive, adaptive and responsive intelligence. Inevitably, such powerful artificial intelligences had resulted in TARDISes bred for aggression, heavily armed and able to level cities, swallow moons and drain stars for energy. Although they were kept on a very short leash, reined in by control protocols and disabilig mechanisms, Holsred feared the possibility that one day they might chew through the leash, take power for themselves. The oppressed always had a desire for tyranny. So Holsred approached the breeding tanks with apprehension.
The TARDISes were restless, and struggling against the restrictions placed on them. As they rammed themselves against the dimensional barrier in motionless motion, lunging towards Holsred and Compasion, the entire contents of the breeding area shifted in scale, from two-dimensional miniatures below them to giants looming over them. Holsred had never witnsesed anything like it. Unnervingly, his colleagues in the cradle teams were strolling unconcerned among the shifting TARDISes: caught within the flexing dimensions their senses could not detect the strains with which the ships were testing space. Holsred watched in horror, as she half stepped, half stumbled out into the void.
  • "TARDISes can use perception filters to keep people from noticing them:"
[TARDIS lands in West Berlin]
Kruger: And no one saw us? War Doctor: No one wanted to.
  • "A fully functional Type 40 TARDIS could survive inside a Quasar:"
Sniffing, the Doctor tried to tell if there was any burning insulation. That was usually the first sign that a ship's shields were failing If only they'd travelled in the TARDIS. He wouldn't have worried then. Type 40s were rated for environments up to and including quasars. If only he knew where the TARDIS was.
  • "They also block all forms of spatial transference"
Even if he had time to get up to the TARDIS cradles, the Doctor knew that the power room was heavily shielded. He considered transduction, transmatation, teleporting... a whole load of other words used to describe essentially the same process, but none of them would work. Nothing got in or out of that room except through the open door. The Doctor, as a member of the High Council, had the authority. The Doctor hesitated. The Renegade had the knowledge somehow. So did that mean that the madman was a Councillor? Or that he had been a Councillor in the past? Or ― and this was the prospect that worried the Doctor the most ― that he was from the future?

The Master
Should have similar information to the Doctor's (Regenerations, normal physicality, and TARDIS etc.)

Time Lords
Should have similar information to the Doctor's (Regenerations, normal physicality, and TARDIS etc.). Should also have the Moment under the Omega Arsenal.

Daleks

• Intelligence:Super Genius as a race (Have created technology on par with the Time Lords)
  • Also there are many abilities that can be listed shown in this clip:
    • Hacking
    • Possible Regenerationn
    • Absorption
    • Energy Manipulation
    • Biological Manipulation (Using the touch of a time traveller to restore the Dalek, although, this does cause mutation)
  • Dalek puppets are genetically mutated beings. They can be changed from any being (Living or dead). They think they are normal people, up until they are activated. The have the same firepower as ordinary Daleks, but durabilty depends on the being changed.

Well, I don't see anything wrong with anything here, though I know little about Doctor Who.

Hmm. It does seem a bit disordered, and not all of the statistics have explanations. The TARDIS is just Star level to Solar System level for no particular reason, for example.

I agree.

About the TARDIS 4B, we could use the "I'm in orbit around a supernova. I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye" feat as an explanation.

Oh, and can we add a extra key in durability? A key for the TARDIS.

Something like:

Street level (Has survived being struck by lightning multiple times and has survived falls that would kill a normal human), likely higher after regenerating (Can regenerate body parts and should be comparable to River Song who wasn't even scratched by large amounts of gunfire) | Most likely at least Star Level inside the TARDIS (The TARDIS is pretty resistant). Possibly much higher.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. It does seem a bit disordered, and not all of the statistics have explanations. The TARDIS is just Star level to Solar System level for no particular reason, for example.
The explanation for the TARDIS stats is already on the TARDIS' page. I can copy what I have put and simply insert the reasoning to here too.

@TakatoBlue We could add a separate key and use that scan you have provided (thanks!) and copy/paste from what we have on the TARDIS' page too.

Okay, so you are not changing any statistics for the Doctor Who characters, just the wording?

Antvasima said:
Okay, so you are not changing any statistics for the Doctor Who characters, just the wording?
The first part ("rewriting the doctors page") is just changing the wording of what was previously written. I have inserted things from a revision thread but I have made sure that I have inserted the statistics that we agreed to. I left the moment to unknown as we couldn't work out what to assign for it's tier. The only thing I added was Street level to Durability, because it had no assigned rating before. Any additional stats in the powers and abilities are logical things like "preparation", since he is a obvious user.

The second part ("revisions I want to make") is me wanting to make revisions. If you feel that what I'm proposing does not have enough reasoning, I am willing to explain more in detail.

Okay. I have checked through it again. I think that your suggested changes seem reasonable, with the exception that I think that High-Low is more reasonable than Low-High Regenerationn.

Actually, the "diamond wall" is made of Azbantium, a crystalline substance 400 times tougher than diamond. Also take into consideration that it took the 12th Doctor four and a half billion years, and a multitude of deaths and self-reboots, to finally break through the Azbantium wall.

Thanks @Ant

I have also updated the thread some more. See the TARDIS and Dalek sections.

Fractyl said:
Actually, the "diamond wall" is made of Azbantium, a crystalline substance 400 times tougher than diamond. Also take into consideration that it took the 12th Doctor four and a half billion years, and a multitude of deaths and self-reboots, to finally break through the Azbantium wall.
Yes, but he was punching said wall continuously even though his hands were bleeding. He was also being chased by the creature non-stop (yes it was slow, but he had barely any time for breaks). There's also the fact that when the creature "killed" him, he still manages to crawl back to the top of the tower despite being seriously injured.

I have watched the episode so I am familiar with the plot. I only just wanted to make that correction in terms that the material is 400 times harder than diamond. If it was simply diamond, the Doctor would only have a quarter or less of that timeframe of loops. Plus, there have been characters who commented that the Doctor is stronger than he looks.

Durability is one of those complex things a Time Lord has. In fact, the Tenth Doctor having survived a several-foot drop as an example, the Doctor endured punishment like being exposed to extreme temperatures. But at the same time, his Seventh incarnation getting hospitalized after getting shot at when he got caught up in a gang war, Time Lords can be killed by man-made weapons like a gun.

@Krukov I think that the updates seem reasonable as well.

I'm ready to make the revisions, I would appreciate some help though.

@Krukov Which pages do you need unlocked?

As a Doctor who fan I agree with this (though I haven't been keeping up with the show, but regonize some of the stuff you talked about).

@LoyalservantofInti I do not think that it can be counted as accessible equipment, or actually usable for anything.

I haven't been feeling great lately and I haven't got round to finishing off what needs done.

What still needs working is the time Lords and the masters page. All that needs to be added is the Tardis to the master, comparable physical traits to both the master and the Time Lords.

Also,the time Lords are physically Wall level so either they need to be adjusted or the doctor/the master need upgrading

Okay. Which pages do you need temporarily unlocked?

Back