• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge but not too much Homestuck revision: We're making it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare you reference the Epilogues around me

I mean, we were already cleaning up troll profiles here already, so I figured I'd just go through the rest.

HS revisions were the only one I never saw a war in why did you say this you fool

Good point, I'll try to clean up anything I'll edit to help too.

What are the conclusions and what is left to do here?

Okay. Then it can probably be applied.

Aradia should have that as another key.

Don't see how the Scratch link implies anything about AP.

Not opposed to the rest.

Thank you.

What Promestein has accepted can probably be applied then.

It's because he resets timelines at will, which count for AP as far as I know (Undertale has it as part of the god tiers rating). It's more a supporting feat tho.

Problem with Aradia having another ke is that she didn't get any major changes. Like half of them are not much after she became a GT and the rest is Pesterquest where she wasn't shown or stated to be especially strong (her current rating is just being scaled to weaker GT after all). It's just GT Aradia being"likely" this strong since she ascended.

Where does it say that? The quote implies nothing like that at all. Give me explicit wording.

Don't care.

I'm gonna bring them when I can, but that's part of why all Friendsim endings are canon (since Scratch reset the timelines everytime MSPAR do a mess).

What key would she has then? I can't see any way of making a separate key here.

Yeah, I'm not seeing any reason for a new key for Aradia. There's no indication that she got infinitely stronger out of nowhere, she's just always been that strong as a God-Tier. Also, saying "don't care" without even addressing the argument is extremely unprofessional Prom.

For Doc resetting timeline buisness, here's a resume of it (with links):

Basically at the epilogue of Friendsim, Doc Scratch reveal that everything done by MSPAR was just what Scratch wanted. The bad/neutral endings which are supposed to not have happened are things MSPAR still remember, with Scratch explaining it was because he resetted timelines every time he messed up (he also note how MSPAR has the ability to remember this).

The previous volume of Friendsim had MSPAR realize that the timeline was resetted/keeping his memories and him believing it was the Soleil Twins prior to this (he thought it was a time loop tho, which is wrong).

Basically Doc Scratch resets timeline all the time since MSPAR sucks a lot at surviving.

Except all the arguments for Aradia's tier are based off of external statements rather than any actual feats. Nothing she does in the actual original canon backs that up. The only supporting evidence she has is some stuff in the Epilogues, and that's it. Everything else is WoG. Horrible basis to judge an upgrade in. Her canon feats are impressive, sure, but certainly nothing I would back up 1-A for.

As far as I can tell, the implication of that dialogue isn't that Scratch is manually hitting some switch, but that he's time traveling and teleporting to adjust history. Could go either way though. So whatever.

Okay, why didn't you just say that instead of trying to insist on a different key and then saying "don't care"? You could've easily just said "I'll get back to this" if you were busy.

Well, Aradia current rating is technically just scaling because we didn't know how strong she is.

Hussie WoG (books ones) are whole analysis of the comics, which are pretty reliable; and some of her Pesterquest feats match how she adapted to the Furthest Ring in the OG comics and all.
WoG are more on the supporting side anyway.

However it doesn't mean I disagree with these reasons, that's part of why I'm not proposing a straight Low 1-A (or 1-A) and more of a possibly/likely rating (since a key wouldn't really worjk in her case).

Fozzer and Soleil twins routes point to a manual-like reset imo, although he also did minor manipulation like releasing a bear in a timeline and suchlike too.

I don’t feel like it’s mostly on WoG, but I’m still against 1-A for Aradia. While I’m for Aradia having 1-A range, 1-A AP seems sus. Besides, no other troll is 1-A, and no other God-Tier is 1-A either (Barring John and Calliope, who the former is only done via hax and is more like a specific thing, and the latter is more of a massive black hole the size of eternity rather than a god-tier at this point)

I am fine with going with what Promestein has accepted.

Tier 1 is based on more 5 feats and 2 WoG (with the two being 100% reliable anyway).
Regarding "no other is 1-A": Barack Obama litteraly turned Dave into a 1-A; GT naturally evolve to reach Ult Self/1-A (although not all of them) and it's not that different from Terezi being 2-A despite others non-GT trolls being weaker (also if dudes like GT Jake and Dave can have a huge tier gap; Aradia's isn't much of a problem).

I can understand why just tier 1 wouldn't work; but not how likely/possibly doesn't given the feats, WoG and the fact that it just precise something we just scalesd because of lacking info (Aradia nearly have more tier 1 feats than tier 2 after all).

Btw: In what manner was Obama featured in Homestuck?

In the original comics he was mainly a source of theory and all for Dave Strider. HS has a thing for celebrities but mainly him, Nicolas Cage and Insane Clown Posse
In Epilogues we learn that he played Sburb, became a God Tier (of the Hope aspect) and died saving the world from an unknown threat. His hologram also had a discussion with Dave about what it truly mean to be someone and made him ascend to his Ultimate Self.

Iirc it's implied to be linked to Skaianet website hidden stories, but all of it was deleted for controversial subject and mostly been hidden joke-like things.

Okay. Thanks for the explanation.
No problem.

Btw could you please unlock the following profiles?

Caliborn
Calliope (Homestuck)
John Egbert
Dirk Strider
MSPA Reader
Horrorterrors
Andrew Hussie

(Will also maybe add a quote on MSPAR profile, just find this to be always neat).

Edit: Realized another neat thing, which is that God Tier still have their stats going higher through echeladder even when god tier. So I just don't have to put a precision like "only gain new powers" now.

Last edited:
Would the power null be limited due to only working on jujus? And would verse equalizing allow it to be used? Because i think some weapons in fiction act sorta like jujus.

Would the power null be limited due to only working on jujus? And would verse equalizing allow it to be used? Because i think some weapons in fiction act sorta like jujus.
It's said to work on "juju-like powers" in books, so I would say any powers similar to the ones we saw should be fair game.

So powers coming from artifacts that are only usable by a selected person? Like holy relics in masadaverse?

So powers coming from artifacts that are only usable by a selected person? Like holy relics in masadaverse?
I meant more like time, space, etc... manipulations. But I guess artifacts also work.

Yeah, no.

2-A scaling already puts Aradia above the other 2-As, lots of the 2-A characters have shown the capacity to reach 1-A via various means naturally, and the 1-A rating is supported by various statements and feats. There is literally no reason why a "possibly 1-A" rating is out of the question.

At worse it could be "likely higher", but even I see it as too little here. "Possibly" Low 1-A or 1-A is based on like 5 feats supported by WoG meant to be analysis of the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back