• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
EDIT: Revised based on feedback

Since our HtTYD profiles are in need of maintenance, I'm contributing with some calcs & feats to upgrade & solidify the verse. Let's start with the strength of average dragons.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ragon_Assorted_Feats#Hookfang_Destroys_a_Tree

This calc shows us the AP for a Monstrous Nightmare's flames, that being City Block level. As strong as they are, they're not THAT much stronger than other dragons, so most would scale to this, like Night Furies, Zipplebacks, & "possibly" Gronckles, not entirely sure about that last one though. However, since dragons are known for being fire resistant, this likely won't scale to their durability. For that, I have another calc.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ssorted_Feats#Skullcrusher_Knocks_Over_a_Rock

This calc shows us the Striking Strength for a Rumblehorn knocking over a rock formation, calced at City Block level. Again, Rumblehorns are pretty tough, but most other dragons should be close enough in strength to scale.

With that said, now's a good time to talk about vikings. They're currently Wall level, I'm not going to explain why that's wrong. Average vikings should scale to dragon durability & striking strength, as they have a history of killing them. Not only that, but vikings can survive natural lightning pretty casually, & have taken hits from dragons. Gobber & Stoick have physically gone toe-to-toe with dragons, so scaling to 8-B isn't too farfetched. Adding on to that, Stoick should be "At least 8-B" for being far superior to other vikings, & being strong enough to outright defeat a Thunderdrum in physical combat. Weaker vikings can be "At least 9-B", as they can also survive lightning, & Snotlout claimed his Coming of Age Ritual was to kill a bear when he was 9 months old. Normally I'd assume he was bragging, but this is a ritual for his whole clan, meaning others did it, & he'd likely take it seriously. Also, it was in the context of coming of age rituals, and he didn't seem to be bragging. Besides, these characters are gonna grow up to be the 8-B ones, so I think this is fair.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ragon_Assorted_Feats#Stormfly_Melts_a_Boulder

This calc shows the AP for Deadly Nadder's fire breath, that being Multi-City Block level+. Unlike Monstrous Nightmares, Nadders are recognized for having REALLY hot fire, so much so that vikings claim it to be as hot as the Sun (likely not true, but it puts things into perspective). Therefore, this feat shouldn't scale to average dragons.

However, it should scale to stronger dragons. Large & powerful dragons like the Red Death & Screaming Death should be "At least 8-A+" for being overall FAR superior to Nadders.

So here's my overall verdict:

Weaker Vikings: At least 9-B

Average Vikings: 8-B

Strong Vikings: At least 8-B

Average Dragons: 8'-B'

Strong Dragons: At least 8-B with 8-A+ AP

Stronger Dragons: At least 8-A+

While I'm here, I want to say that Toothless shouldn't scale to the Red Death. He may've been able to harm it, but it was otherwise depicted as FAR superior to him, & required a specific strategy to actually be killed.

I also don't think Alpha Toothless should be scaled to the Bewilderbeast. While he did become much stronger, managed to put up a fight, & even harmed it, he also had the help of THOUSANDS of other dragons. Sure, Toothless broke off his tusk, but that was after he was bombarded by the aforementioned army, & was likely weakened before Toothless dealt the final blow, which mind you, didn't kill the Bewilderbeast. Without the help of the other dragons, this fight likely would've gone similarly to the Red Death fight. And for anyone bringing up that the Bewilderbeast was praising Toothless in the 3rd movie, that doesn't mean Toothless is stronger, it just means Toothless rightfully earned his position by gaining the respect of nearly every other dragon. If the Bewilderbeast were to turn on him, the other dragons could just gang up on him again, & we all know how that went. I could probably say more but I think I've talked long enough. What do you all think?

I am fine with scaling from the accepted calculations, but we cannot scale from withstanding lightning strikes.

See here: Lightning Feats

Also, as you mentioned, the dragons are naturally resistant to fire, so scaling their overall durabilities from withstanding it seems unreliable.

Vikings being Tier 8 seems like a consistent case of rule of funny/depowered shots tbh. Like, how Snotlout constantly gets burned by Hookfang. Clearly the fire is not being bad enough to harm him.

Also a hit from dragon fire can easily kill a man as we saw with Stoick, it's just that, again, rule of funny/depowered shots when humans are involved most of the time.

Also the thing about fire resistance Ant mentioned may or may not be be a thing, but as for the AP itself, I agree at least on the dragons part.

Alright, I've revised with better info & reasoning. For anyone who thinks 9-A is really weak for the dragons, there's another feat I haven't calced that could boost them, I just haven't done it yet.

Might wanna get a few more of the verse supporters on here.

That needs to be reevaluated then. Post it in the Calc Thread again.

Thank you. That should probably be fine, as Ugarik is very reliable, but it is best if you ask a few other calc group members for a confirmation. It is best to not bother DMUA though. He is overworked enough as it is.

Okay. What has been accepted is probably fine to apply.

Kinda curious, is there a calc for the Screaming Death sinking islands by burrowing underneath them?

I feel like it probably wouldn't get that high but I was curious.

JJSliderman said:
Kinda curious, is there a calc for the Screaming Death sinking islands by burrowing underneath them?
I feel like it probably wouldn't get that high but I was curious.
Fairly certain it's impossible to calculate that.

Also, it wouldn't give much in terms of AP because the Screaming Death likely does that by strategically digging tunnels in spots it knows will collapse the island.

I mean in general tunneling up from underground is 9A but sinking an island by tunneling isn't really an ap feat beyond digging into the ground in the first place. All the screaming death is doing is tunneling enough to collapse the island, its simply a matter of time, effort and digging in the right spots.

What the Screaming Death did was dig tunnels that led to the ocean, causing the water to flood the island & sink it. So all he did was dig some strategic holes. Considering the size of the holes & the Screaming Death, you might get 8-B, but we already have two 8-B feats, so I don't think it's a big deal.

@Ant Yes, the only thing I haven't done is make pages for a couple dragons, & improve Hiccup's page since it's locked.

Thanks. Is there anything else left to do here?

Physically scaling Vikings to dragons shouldn't be a problem, if the whole point of being a viking used to be killing dragons killing dragons. Haven't watched anything past httyd1, but if Stoick died to Night fury fire, that could be a discrepency between a dragon's physical AP and fire output. Not to mention a night fury is a particularly strong type of dragon

So, what's the consensus on the Skrill and all the lightning shenanigans that he does because

iirc he absorbs lightning from the clouds and then fires it as a breath attack, with it being said he draws power from the lightning.

I see no reason why it shouldn't be considered natural lightning. And yes, you do remember correctly.

Well, if it did.

It would probably scale to the Vikings since Alvin dodged the Skrill's blast.

I just kinda figured it being natural lightning might be a bit high considering the rest of the feats present in the series.

I was just watching the show actually.

I suppose that seems to make sense, yes, but we preferably need more input.

Also if the Skrill ever gets a page, it should be noted he has far higher travel speed than anything else in the series due to his ability to transform into a bolt of lightning.

I guess the last thing I wanted to mention is the Submaripper making a whirlpool.

Don't really know if it would get good results but it seems interesting as a supporting feat.

Back