• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HST's Strongest Protagonists | Ichigo vs Luffy

I think Ichigo wins. Sure he may have a disadvantage in ap, but he has other things going for him. He still has the Blut defenses to close and surpass the gap, Getsuga Tenshou also closes the gap, he has reactive evolution as well, and other means to close it. Also, he has the Hollow Poison... and actually, I check the profile quickly, but Luffy doesn't seem to have soul manipulation resistances.
It’s listed that he can resists Brook’s Soul Manipulation on his profile

Who is Robo?
8515649-dangai.gif

If we can confirm that Haki allows NPI, then I don't mind switching to Base Luffy to start off the fight

Just checked Haki has Elemental NPI, but not regular NPI. So ig he wouldn't be able to? But Gear 5's is bc he grabbed lightning. Just bc he can grab lightning doesn't mean he can just grab souls.

Just like against Naruto, seems like Ichigo vape Luffy with a single GT and/or corrupt his soul ,mind and body with hollow poisoning at the slighest cut.

While it will be hard to hit luffy given his future sight , i don't see Luffy spending the whole battle without getting hit once especially if he start in base. And if he start in G5 , Ichigo speed amps will let him deal with Luffy's FS.

Voting Ichigo for now.

He has future sight wtf does analytical prediction mean here
Precog and ANPR achieve basically the same thing. Luffy isn't gonna precog stomp him.

Precog directly sees the future while ANPR predicts it via other factors.

Luffy will be a challenge, but he isn't going to be untouchable

Kat precog stomped Luffy with Haki+ANPR, Luffy’s is probably better
Ichigo battled an Almighty Yhwach who has better precog than Luffy, and basically anyone in OP, and he was landing multiple hits on him. Plus I don't see any counters to Hollow Poison which is passively exerted by his reiatsu.

Ichigo battled an Almighty Yhwach who has better precog than Luffy, and basically anyone in OP, and he was landing multiple hits on him. Plus I don't see any counters to Hollow Poison which is passively exerted by his reiatsu.
Ichigo got precog shit stomped when Yhwach started actually trying (i.e using Almighty)

Ichigo got precog shit stomped when Yhwach started actually trying (i.e using Almighty)
Because he was Almighty jumping into the future, his attacks literally altered fate. Ichigo the entire time was deducing the limitations of the precognition. He even dodged his attack he made in the future.

Precog isn't helping Luffy survive Hollow Poison that's being passively emitted.

Alright then so don't use it as a point
Ichigo before that was fighting Yhwach with precog. The only thing he held back was the fate manipulation. It'd be crazy if he decided "hm, I can see the future, but I'm just not gonna attack him" for the entirety of the first half. It's not like he can just turn it off, he had the Almighty Eyes on.

Can someome roll out the red carpet of DF abilities?
Bet

I check the profile quickly, but Luffy doesn't seem to have soul manipulation resistances.
There are multiple DFs with soul manipulation, so haki can resist it

Will hollow poison effect luffy
Haki in general can resist soul attacks, Luffy is resistant to poison himself, and there are DFs that can inflict poison (Magellan, Caesar), Statistic Reduction (Magellan, Kalifa), and Death Manipulation (Big Mom). Unironically was surprised to find Death Manipulation myself but it's there, thought only the recent chapters included that possibility but IG not.

Does Luffy's Haki resist Corruption? I don't recall it being the case, nor it resisting death manip.
He doesn't directly from what I can find, but surprisingly he resists all the effects of it

Can Luffy even hit Ichigo? I didn't see anything on his profile or the Haki page gave him the ability to interact with souls, unless I missed something.

While it doesn't have it listed, Haki itself is spiritual energy with armament being soul armor. Don't know why it doesn't at least have a limited soul manipulation put on the page since the thing outright says "It allows the user to manipulate their own spiritual energy to create, in essence, an invisible armor around themselves in order to amplify their strength and durability." So yeah, haki should be able to interact with Ichigo unless he has something other than the basic 'Is a soul therefore you can't touch it' (Also, if I wanted to be technical about it, Perona's devil fruit does create intangible ghosts so Haki's devil fruit negations would apply anyway)

Back