• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Starting with that Armament Haki part; you're aware Armament Haki boosts both attack potency and durability right? That disqualifies it from being damage boost entirely.
Attack Boost is an ability that induces the phenomenon in which the power of an attack is boosted if a condition is met. This differs from Statistics Amplification in the fact that the user isn't boosted, rather the attack itself. Furthermore, it isn't limited to Attack Potency, in which other effects can be done if the condition is met. The effect is temporary, lasting as long as the condition allowing for its increased power is met. Due to this, the attack's usage is normally boosted considerably.

that literally perfectly describes it…

And what does that do? Makes him deal more damage than he did before as I showed above with my first message on the thread, it's a damage boost not really sure what you could be arguing it is otherwise.
Yes… it deal more damage but it doesn’t boost anything.

for me it could be either limited dura neg via information analysis or something

Yes it deal more damage but it doesn’t boost anything.
Think you're missing the point, it allowed him to cut through things he could damage prior and one-shot people he was relative to. That's a damage boost, the condition for it is as you described:
cutting in perfect accuracy, angle and speed
Yee but their base stats isn’t boosted just the attack itself… I think you are getting confused how it works…
I think you don't understand what the distinction between statistics amplification and damage boost are; when a Haki user uses haki their attack potency and durability are both increased, that's how it works, that isn't to say their attacks aren't more powerful it's just covered by statistics amplification.

I think you don't understand what the distinction between statistics amplification and damage boost are; when a Haki user uses haki their attack potency and durability are both increased, that's how it works, that isn't to say their attacks aren't more powerful it's just covered by statistics amplification.
Statistics Amplification is when a character raises their parameters in the middle of a fight, and this is not related to their base form or some sort of "hidden power" that has been hidden or held back.

These boosts are usually temporary and are specific to one or a number of statistics.

This is also not to be confused with a change in form or state, and is thus not typically associated with any new abilities in particular. Instead, this ability serves as a means of overcoming the opponent through a sudden increase in combat effectiveness.

That doesn’t at all describe armament haki… haki doesn’t increase their base stat but boosts the attack only or boost the dura but it doesn’t raise their base stat higher.

A stat amp would be something like gear 2nd and gear 3rd it literally amps his base stats

That doesn’t at all describe armament haki… haki doesn’t actually increase their base stat but boosts the attack
It definitely describes armament haki. So haki only boosts attack power, and what is the condition for Haki for it to be deemed damage boost over stat amps? Whatever this condition is if it isn't met will it end up being a normal attack?

And dura… it doesn’t raise a stat higher you are adding something to your attack which boost in dura and ap
I added more to my message, and no it does it literally raises the AP and durability of either a selective body part or the whole body if the user chooses so. It absolutely isn't damage boost.

Edit: Actually I now realize this is completely off topic to this discussion, I'll take this discussion about armament haki being damage boost to your wall.

and what is the condition for Haki for it to be deemed damage boost over stat amps?
That it literally doesn’t increase their base stat higher but actually boosts it by adding it on to them

Possible Uses​

• Increasing the damage of an attack.
  • Adding on an effect to the attack.

Limitations​

• Sometimes a negative condition is added on to increase the stakes.
  • If the condition isn't met, it's a normal attack.
Literally describes it perfectly

from what a mini table said, goken is basically hit target with accuracy and precision so it allows you to cut opponent you couldn't cut before so it boost the AP of the one attack being used so that's why it's damage boost not stat amp.

So for Vs threads should we assume that if the opponent is so much higher in durability that Zoro's normal strikes won't do anything to him, then he can't access the opening that Goken usually creates for him?

So for Vs threads should we assume that if the opponent is so much higher in durability that Zoro's normal strikes won't do anything to him, then he can't access the opening that Goken usually creates for him?
more like his goken attacks will deal more damage, but they won't one shot.

Depends how much higher, if it's a 7 times difference or higher it's not doing anything. If it's anything less you can argue he can damage them.

Depends how much higher, if it's a 7 times difference or higher it's not doing anything. If it's anything less you can argue he can damage them.
So if we assume it's like 6 times, would it one shot? What about 5 times? Or 4? At one point would he be able to one shot with Goken?

So if we assume it's like 6 times, would it one shot? What about 5 times? Or 4? At one point would he be able to one shot with Goken?
In a versus thread Goken would never one-shot, just how it is on the site. You need a 7 times AP difference in a versus thread to one-shot someone.

Back