• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Realized that the current ability Damage Boost doesn't accurately cover what Goken (Mighty Blade) does.

Explanation:
Damage Boost as described on the page is "induces the phenomenon in which the power of an attack is boosted if a condition is met" however this isn't how Goken functions. Attacks using Goken have no power boost even just for the attack, they're able to cut things that the swordsman physically couldn't due to reading the "breath" of what they desire to cut:

For further context Santoryu Zoro despite being physically superior to Mr. 1 was unable to even scratch his body due to his devil fruit granting him a durable iron body that can resist blades and blunt force, eventually Zoro was brought to the verge of death and lost his other two swords but due to reading the breath of Mr 1's iron and using Goken he not only cut through Mr.1 but one-shot him.

We get further examples in the story of Zoro's Goken not being a power boost as when he attempted to cut through Kaku's Tekkai (Which his Santoryu attacks previously failed at) yet Kaku intercepted it with his Rankyaku instead of taking it and the Goken attack was no different from any other attack. His Nitoryu Iai: Rashomon was also matched in power by Ryuma.

I'd also use Zoro being well, literally on deaths door with incredible blood lodd and no strength left being able to cut shit like rocks with no strength or momentum behind his sword, later going on to effortlessly one shot Mr.1

Limited Durability Negation:
I'm going to propose it goes back to what it was before which was a limited form of durability negation, however, the description in the powers and abilities section should clearly define how it's limited: As it only negates durability to an extent and while it can cut people/objects that can tank the user's physical AP there is a clear limit as those with drastically higher durability than the user's AP can either tank it with minimal or no damage (Kuma, Underground Sea tunnel and King)
Limited Durability Negation (Through sensing the "Breath" of their desired target they're able to cut objects or people they otherwise couldn't through power alone. It's effectiveness begins to lessen against objects or opponent's with durability that far exceeds the limit of this ability)

Last edited:
Easy agree.

Will Goken still be considered AP for pre-timeskip Zoro's profile (and post-timeskip Zoro's justification of knocking out Apoo w/ Shishi Sonson which is Goken)?

Yeah, I'll do that if this gets accepted.
I can help remove it for Post-TS Zoro.

I always felt like it was more of durability negation than an AP boost considering that he basically focuses on a point and then uses Goken to cut clean past any defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back