• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How is Jenny any less than planet level?

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Ignoring the sun feat, because that wasn't a full sized sun, she destroys a planet busting meteor in her debut episode. It's explicitly said to be a planet destroying meteor.

Perhaps it wasn't a big meteor? Aside of "destroying a planet" do not necessary means overcoming its GBE, but simply surface wiping. If the size of the meteor is notable, one can try to calculate what is needed to shatter it.

Math

A planet destroying meteor wouldn't necessarily be that durable anyways. Not like the meteor's gotta survive.

I mean aren't most of her feats kinda casual. I'd say just calc the feat and see how much it yields

Edit: I'm dumb

The real cal howard said:
Ignoring the sun feat, because that wasn't a full sized su
Not the case, she lifted a pyramid that did the sun feat itself. Her feat was only lifting that pyramid.

There's still the second half of my comment

The Wright Way said:
Also, seeing how she's town level currently, it could've just been seen as an outlier.
Shes town level currently because of the planet busting meteor feat being discarded, not because its a more accrurate rating neccessarily.

I personally wouldn't mind an upgrade, but a calculation would probably be preferable.

Given our limited available time before the partial forum shutdown, should we place her statistics at 5-B until we get a calculation?

Well no, given the feat hasn't been shown yet and you don't need to be planet level to destroy a meteor that could destroy a planet. I could theoretically get a folding chair moving fast enough to blow up a planet, but that wouldn't make it any more durable.

Well, she would have to cancel out the movement energy when it travels against the Earth, but if we have no visual information for the feat, you are likely correct that it is hard to scale properly, as we do not know the method.

• 4-B feat was ignored since it was based on a faulty premise of her physically dragging the sun
  • Jenny did not destroy the meteor in one hit and nullify it's KE. She broke it apart then had to destroy the massive amount of smaller remaining fragments before they also collided with the Earth.
Also if we accept this as legit, its still a massive outlier. She never remotely comes close to 5-B in other episodes so rating her at 5-B is wrong imo.

Also iirc, her MFTL+ rating was supposed to be removed forever ago and replaced with the Santa feat or something.

Eficiente said:
Not the case, she lifted a pyramid that did the sun feat itself. Her feat was only lifting that pyramid.
Couldn't she be star level only with that pyramid?

@Qawsedf234

Would you be willing to place a footnote in the Jenny Wakema page regarding why you think that the 5-B feat is an outlier?

Also, how should we adjust her speed rating?

Qawsedf234 said:
* 4-B feat was ignored since it was based on a faulty premise of her physically dragging the sun
  • Jenny did not destroy the meteor in one hit and nullify it's KE. She broke it apart then had to destroy the massive amount of smaller remaining fragments before they also collided with the Earth.
Also if we accept this as legit, its still a massive outlier. She never remotely comes close to 5-B in other episodes so rating her at 5-B is wrong imo.

Also iirc, her MFTL+ rating was supposed to be removed forever ago and replaced with the Santa feat or something.
wait but if she broke the meteor apart how did she not destroy it?

@Cropfist

I think he meant she didn't completely (there was nothing left) destroyed it in one hit.

Yeah. She shattered the meteor but didn't get rid of its speed and the remaining fragments could still destroy the planet if they got through. Though you could get a result for fragmenting it since the meteor was rather large.

Also, how should we adjust her speed rating?

Either calc this or keep the MFTL+ rating but at a lower result since she's still capable of pretty quick inter-stellar flight with rapid movement.

Well, it seems like legitimate feats to me.

Maybe we could simply calculate her attack potency with the comet-destroying laser without scaling it to her physical statistics, and give her MFTL space flight separate from her regular combat speed?

Sure. Although I don't think she scales to the meteor's KE. She scales to breaking it apart, as right after breaking the fragments still had their previous speed.

Movement speed can be gained from the Santa thing. She goes around the planet like 8 or 9 times in around 1.5 seconds.

Qawsedf234 can still create blog post calculations due to his staff position.

Wokistan said:
Math

A planet destroying meteor wouldn't necessarily be that durable anyways. Not like the meteor's gotta survive.
I wanted to say, would this matter all that much really? If she stoop stopped the Meteor, it not surviving impact isn't really what would be important, what it would have done upon impact is what would have been important, since that's what she prevent. Unless I'm missing something

If she rammed into it and stopped its momentum no it wouldn't matter but that's not what she did, she explicitly broke into into smaller pieces without counteracting the momentum. Thus she was never exposed to the impact/energy the meteor has.

Ie she never tanked anything from it. Causing damage to it without slowing/stopping it isn't much of a feat at all as the meteorite's danger is from it's impact speed/energy it doesn't need much of anything in the way of dura.

At least that's how I currently understand this situation, could be mistaken though.

Back