• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hourai Immortal High-Godly (Touhou Revisions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, that is a odd assumption to use by default as when I think of kill, I usually treated as something akin to permanent death.

Also I suppose that is fair, but the negation will listed been (Mid Godly, possibly high godly).
Yeah, sure. I think aside from Confluctor (who hasn't really taken part in much discussion past the first few posts) we're all on the same page here?

I'm just hoping type 2 information truth and the existence/non-existence stuff tied to it is accepted. Will make future revisions much smoother.

Oh yeah, I guess on that note we better add information manip/EE to Sagume too.

this was supposed to be a small revision, what happened

Oh yeah, I guess on that note we better add information manip/EE to Sagume too.
Time to plan another CRT as the original purpose was your proposal on high godly and the rest which isn’t explicit proof to begin with. The implication is only technically not even implied per se given it is legitimately based on a suspicious interpretation and also subject to debate so you may invite another heated debate anyway

Time to plan another CRT as the original purpose was your proposal on high godly and the rest which isn’t explicit proof to begin with. The implication is only technically not even implied per se given it is legitimately based on a suspicious interpretation and also subject to debate so you may invite another heated debate anyway
The reasoning for high-godly is based on Sagume having EE/information manip though. There'd be a discrepancy if Kaguya's page said "implied to have survived Sagume's ability to turn truth into falsehood, which makes things non-existent on an informational level" and then Sagume's page doesn't have the abilities that Kaguya's page claims she does.

The proof for Sagume's stuff is definitely explicit though, idk where you're getting the idea that it isn't.

Bump

So to recap:

-Kaguya was said to be able to resurrect after the Lunar Capital tried to kill her.
-Considering immortality is the worst sin one can commit in the Lunar Capital, they would've used everything available to them in order to kill her.
-This includes Sagume, who is able to reverse truth and falsehood.
-When something exists in a state of "true", it exists. Conversely, "false" things are described as non-existent.
-Truth is also described as a kind of information that can alter reality, thus making it type 2 information, and Sagume's ability to reverse truth EE of that level.
-Since Kaguya is strongly implied to have regenerated from this, she and other Hourai immortals would possess high-godly due to coming back from informational EE.

Bump

In a bit of bad good news, this thread has motivated me to restart work on the NEP thread given all the truth stuff.

Bump

Ah, the classic "Touhou thread gets short burst of attention and then ******* Dies".

Though I guess it's my fault for assuming high-godly would fall under 'small' revisions...

DRpdtjg.jpg

Well this died. What do we do now?
Idk. Worst case, I just throw this in with the NEP revisions when I'm done with that since we've devolved into discussing truth, information, and existence again.

That being said I'm really tired of having to close unevaluated threads only to theoretically have them evaluated in the future when I make a new thread. I can't just conjure new threads out of thin air, these things take time, and I don't exactly have as much time to spare these days. This happened with the ups and downs CRT (leading to both the infinite speed and 2-C revisions), the thread I made via proxy while topic banned, the thread I made after getting unbanned, two other threads that someone else made, the NEP thread, the low tier upgrades, and the last physiology thread to an extent. It's insane.

Idk. Worst case, I just throw this in with the NEP revisions when I'm done with that since we've devolved into discussing truth, information, and existence again.

That being said I'm really tired of having to close unevaluated threads only to theoretically have them evaluated in the future when I make a new thread. I can't just conjure new threads out of thin air, these things take time, and I don't exactly have as much time to spare these days. This happened with the ups and downs CRT (leading to both the infinite speed and 2-C revisions), the thread I made via proxy while topic banned, the thread I made after getting unbanned, two other threads that someone else made, the NEP thread, the low tier upgrades, and the last physiology thread to an extent. It's insane.
Yeah, this happens so much especially with so many staff members who supposedly support Touhou never showing up to evaluate at all and having lost a few overtime. It's sad.

The best solution is obviously to delete Touhou entirely because the entire series is stinky.

Eventually one can ask a mod to check in on the recent discussions or arguments, right? Assuming nobody has done so recently.

That's the tough part.

We may just need a dedicated blog for the Touhou verse and how its world and cosmology function. That would at least give mods a jumping off point.

Because having to explain lore and cosmology every time we want to grant a character one power, is certainly tiresome for both you and the mods.

I mean, for stuff like this, there is no jumping off point; It's the process of adding one by attempting to quantify how "truth" works in-verse. Same goes for stuff like fortune. I guess I can work on that in my spare time, but what would I even need to cover? Listing and explaining literally everything in the entire verse - even restricted to what's currently accepted on the profiles - feels like way too big of a task for one person.

I guess I can work on that in my spare time, but what would I even need to cover?
Okay, so the way I think it could work, is outlining the cosmology by starting off with the general rules of Gensokyo's space (and its relation to the outside world if need be), to explain what abilities, resistances, etc are granted just from existing there.

From there, explain certain areas within Gensokyo that have traits unique to them, like the Lunarian mansion, the Moon, and such. Maybe not every tiny thing like the forest of magic (unless you think it's very important) but at least the major ones.

Then, move on to specific Otherworlds with unique traits that apply to their visitors and denizens. Mention those, the otherworlds' sizes if needed, how they separate and differ from Gensokyo etc.

Maybe throw in explanations on how Spell Card creation works as well or something

I don't have all the answers honestly, but at the very least, that seems like a good start.

Meh, this still wasn't applied? I remember reading it 5 days or so ago and thinking it was good enough to go, wtf happened?

Anyway, High-Godly seems perfectly fine.

Okay, so the way I think it could work, is outlining the cosmology by starting off with the general rules of Gensokyo's space (and its relation to the outside world if need be), to explain what abilities, resistances, etc are granted just from existing there.

From there, explain certain areas within Gensokyo that have traits unique to them, like the Lunarian mansion, the Moon, and such. Maybe not every tiny thing like the forest of magic (unless you think it's very important) but at least the major ones.

Then, move on to specific Otherworlds with unique traits that apply to their visitors and denizens. Mention those, the otherworlds' sizes if needed, how they separate and differ from Gensokyo etc.

Maybe throw in explanations on how Spell Card creation works as well or something

I don't have all the answers honestly, but at the very least, that seems like a good start.
I was thinking we'd go with what's currently accepted and work our way up from there. This definitely sounds good, but we should probably move this to the general discussion thread if we wanna discuss specifics more.

Meh, this still wasn't applied? I remember reading it 5 days or so ago and thinking it was good enough to go, wtf happened?

Anyway, High-Godly seems perfectly fine.
No staff approval :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back