• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

100% agree.
Manhwa fans in special will get pissed off at any protagonist that does not act like a sociopath who kills anyone who looks at them wrong and always takes the most optimal choice while acting as a stereotyped sigma male.
"Why is this MC such a loser! 10 chapters in and he hasn't learned anything yet!"
Literally the average Manhwa fan when the MC doesn't ******* kill everyone and anybody that even slightly inconveniences them :mad::mad::mad:

Badass, Deep and cool Korean (Overgeared, ARK, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Hardcore Levelling Warrior, etc) and Chinese (Reincarnation of the strongest sword god, The thief who roamed the world, The World Online, etc) VRMMO novel and manhwa > Your suck-ass cringe Japanese VRMMO novels and mangas (SAO, Infinite Dendrogram, Only Sense Online, Free life Fantasy online, Bofuri, Log Horizon, etc)

No seriously, how did Chinese and Korean VRMMO novels or manhwa have a character that stands on their philosophy and is more self-worthy than Japanese ones? And don't make me start on the world-building and details, Overgeared alone trump above all Japanese VRMMO novels and manga.

Nobody likes SCP.
That's it. That's the take.
It's not too controversial, but it needed to be said.
Mfs when off the site: "My favorite character is Fox McCloud from Star Fox"
Mfs the second a "Your Favorite Character tries to solo..." Thread is made: "OK so SC-"

Like bro you never liked this character 2 minutes ago.

Last edited:
Mfs when off the site: "My favorite character is Fox McCloud from Star Fox
Mfs the second a "Your Favorite Character tries to solo..." Thread is made: "OK so SC-"

Like bro you never liked this character 2 minutes ago.

3712-A0-BD-B566-4-E75-A707-EC26-C07-CDDCD.jpg

Badass, Deep and cool Korean (Overgeared, ARK, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Hardcore Levelling Warrior, etc) and Chinese (Reincarnation of the strongest sword god, The thief who roamed the world, The World Online, etc) VRMMO novel and manhwa > Your suck-ass cringe Japanese VRMMO novels and mangas (SAO, Infinite Dendrogram, Only Sense Online, Free life Fantasy online, Bofuri, Log Horizon, etc)

No seriously, how did Chinese and Korean VRMMO novels or manhwa have a character that stands on their philosophy and is more self-worthy than Japanese ones? And don't make me start on the world-building and details, Overgeared alone trump above all Japanese VRMMO novels and manga.
And they said that Japanese content are better my ass.

Bruh, comparing the best of one's country to the worst of others (Log Horizon is a L take on your ass though) aint working. Hit that Shangri-La Frontier grind my boy

Bruh, comparing the best of one's country to the worst of others (Log Horizon is a L take on your ass though) aint working. Hit that Shangri-La Frontier grind my boy
Been meaning to check out Shangri-La Frontier (it's been sitting in my read later list for aeons) but still haven't gotten to it.

Shangri-La doesn't even exceed Overgeared in writing, plot or even world-building. Hell, even I prefer RSSG than Shangri-La.

Shangri-La Frontier is great. MC is just a game junkie trying to abuse actual game mechanics to grind (Like frame data and shit). Its really just about a sweaty neckbeard trying to break the game
Overgeared MC are growing in both his philosophy and view of life lol, his character writing is one of the best for VRMMO.

Give me any VRMMO MC in Japanese media that have character development like that.
Bruh what, why should I. I dont have to do shit, you called the entire genre cringe-ass and cited the worst the genre has to offer. Im not here to convince you that one is better than the other, im here to tell you that your statement is ignorant lmao

Bruh what, why should I. I dont have to do shit, you called the entire genre cringe-ass and cited the worst the genre has to offer. Im not here to convince you that one is better than the other, im here to tell you that your statement is ignorant lmao
It is not lol, I've read almost all of the VRMMO Novels that have been translated be it Japanese, Korean, and Chinese for two years. And none of the Japanese ones are at the same depth and plot as the Korean or Chinese VRMMO Novels.

And the so-called worst are the highest-rating ones lol.

It is not lol, I've read almost all of the VRMMO Novels that have been translated be it Japanese, Korean, and Chinese for two years. And none of the Japanese ones are at the same depth and plot as the Korean or Chinese VRMMO Novels.

And the so-called worst are the highest-rating ones lol.
My Brother in christ/Allah, that is a totally different statement than saying that a entire genre SUCKS and is cringe.

And highest rated? Do you think I give a rats ass about what people find enjoyable this day and age? Like, do you really think people unironically think that Solo Leveling is the greatest series to ever be written just because it blows out 99% of the manwha ecosystem? People rate highly what they enjoy, not what they believe to be generally good.

My Brother in christ/Allah, that is a totally different statement than saying that a entire genre SUCKS and is cringe.

And highest rated? Do you think I give a rats ass about what people find enjoyable this day and age? Like, do you really think people unironically think that Solo Leveling is the greatest series to ever be written just because it blows out 99% of the manwha ecosystem? People rate highly what they enjoy, not what they believe to be generally good.
I only said the Japanese ones that suck. Korean and Chinese VRMMO novels are good.

I only said the Japanese ones that suck. Korean and Chinese VRMMO novels are good.
entire genre of japanese ones*, I thought it was obvious what I meant but alright. But honestly it dosnt matter, Fiction has its audience and being mad that yours isnt mainstream is just skill issue at this point. You dont see me whining about Knight Run not even existing in peoples consciousness while Solo Leveling does, because I'm self aware that being popular is not a indication of a works quality. Nor does it matter, people enjoy what they enjoy

entire genre of japanese ones*, I thought it was obvious what I meant but alright. But honestly it dosnt matter, Fiction has its audience and being mad that yours isnt mainstream is just skill issue at this point. You dont see me whining about Knight Run not even existing in peoples consciousness while Solo Leveling does, because I'm self aware that being popular is not a indication of a works quality. Nor does it matter, people enjoy what they enjoy
Mister.
This is Hot-Takes thread.

Hot take but I believe people need to make more media for Tabletop games like warhammer 40k, DND, and others

we’re about to get a dnd movie and a dnd Lego set will be coming up soon. Minecraft dlc based on dnd

I hope warhammer 40k gets similar treatment too, maybe a tv series for it

Hot take but I believe people need to make more media for Tabletop games like warhammer 40k, DND, and others

we’re about to get a dnd movie and a dnd Lego set will be coming up soon. Minecraft dlc based on dnd

I hope warhammer 40k gets similar treatment too, maybe a tv series for it
What are you smoking bro.

Did you see what Wizard of the Coast and Warhammer publishers do?

Back