• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

I won't stand any criticism towards America. Y'all better not be from the UK.

Remember kids.

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:
Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In fully glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution!
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh, thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust":
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Remember kids.

images

Remember kids.

Your dinner, sir.
Dn9IXCHUUAEUfM4.jpg

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm not going to plug my fingers in my ears and pretend everything's perfect here. The country has some serious problems. Striving to be better should always be a goal.
It's not perfect but it's the best there is. The US is leagues better than Canada, UK and Australia.

Anyways, my hot take is that every country sucks and a world without borders is the only path to unity and a more accepting world. The borders we previously set based on rivers or mountain ranges no longer matter in an era where technology trivializes the act of travel. Every other border is just one we made up because we wanted to find reasons to be racist and keep killing people.

Anyways, my hot take is that every country sucks and a world without borders is the only path to unity and a more accepting world. The borders we previously set based on rivers or mountain ranges no longer matter in an era where technology trivializes the act of travel. Every other border is just one we made up because we wanted to find reasons to be racist and keep killing people.
Communist

Nah I think we can peacefully co-exist without being intertwined. I think the only thing lowering borders would do is lead to mass genocide. It doesn't matter what you do, there will always be bad people. If your plan ever depends on that not existing then it'll never work.

Nah I think we can peacefully co-exist without being intertwined. I think the only thing lowering borders would do is lead to mass genocide. It doesn't matter what you do, there will always be bad people. If your plan ever depends on that not existing then it'll never work.
I feel like you have a very rough understanding of history considering a lot of genocide has been about the establishment of new territory and creating new borders. What America did to the Native Americans and the Israel/Palestine conflict come to mind in that regard.

Also I don't think these things will happen overnight, I'm well aware that removing all borders instantly would be a disaster. That's moreso the end goal of my personal ideology. Mostly, I think the focus in the present should be that of deplatforming people who push for these sorts of separations (eg; Making sure "build a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it" style rhetoric never enters the mainstream again). While there are a number of ways this can be achieved, I'm partial to Richard Spencer-style deplatforming.

That's a hot take but I want to say that it's not a good idea. Too many people would immigrate to America to get our sweet government tax-payed benefits and if too many people enter the US I will probably have to pay even more taxes or my welfare will be diminished. That and there is a chance that some people that immigrate to the US are criminals or straight up aren't compatible with our morals (For example, they can originate from countries that criminalize homosexuality or are very intolerant to other people or religion) immigration laws could prevent those people from coming to my country. That and it is a nonsensical idealistic ideal that deviates a lot from reality. A lot of countries hate each other to death or are extremely patriotic so they wouldn't just open their borders. At best, you can get some tolerant countries to open their borders but you will never get a country that is at war, for example, Israel or Afghanistan to do that.

I must clarify that I am not against immigration (It would be hypocritical since I am an immigrant along with my family lol) nor that I want harsher immigration policies for racially motivated reasons. I just like our tax-payed welfare and benefits and I only want tax-payers and american citizens to benefit from it. Too many undocumented
immigrants would increase the demand for welfare which would reduce the amount of welfare I receive or increase my taxes.

Also I would prefer if only people with morals compatible with American morals entered my country. Though if I am honest, I am not sure exactly how the government could prevent people willing to do hate crimes against other races, sexualities & religions from entering our country. Maybe prohibit people with a criminal background from entering the US?

I feel like you have a very rough understanding of history considering a lot of genocide has been about the establishment of new territory and creating new borders. What America did to the Native Americans and the Israel/Palestine conflict come to mind in that regard.

Also I don't think these things will happen overnight, I'm well aware that removing all borders instantly would be a disaster. That's moreso the end goal of my personal ideology. Mostly, I think the focus in the present should be that of deplatforming people who push for these sorts of separations (eg; Making sure "build a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it" style rhetoric never enters the mainstream again). While there are a number of ways this can be achieved, I'm partial to Richard Spencer-style deplatforming.
Yes, because people are naturally greedy. As some borders get taken down, new ones will get put back up faster and more polarizing than the last. It's improbable, virtual impossible for this system to work except if done instantly (assuming by human efforts). This isn't really a project which can be done overtime. And I think I already gave my reasoning as to why a quick deletion of all borders wouldn't work. Also not all views align. What happens when we integrate? We separate people based on belief? That'd be an entire reversal of entire y'all just worked to achieve.

Last edited:
That's a hot take but I want to say that it's not a good idea. Too many people would immigrate to America to get our sweet government tax-payed benefits and if too many people enter the US I will probably have to pay even more taxes or my welfare will be diminished. That and there is a chance that some people that immigrate to the US are criminals or straight up aren't compatible with our morals (For example, they can originate from countries that criminalize homosexuality or are very intolerant to other people or religion) immigration laws could prevent those people from coming to my country. That and it is a nonsensical idealistic ideal that deviates a lot from reality. A lot of countries hate each other to death or are extremely patriotic so they wouldn't just open their borders. At best, you can get some tolerant countries to open their borders but you will never get a country that is at war, for example, Israel or Afghanistan to do that.

I must clarify that I am not against immigration (It would be hypocritical since I am an immigrant along with my family lol) nor that I want harsher immigration policies for racially motivated reasons. I just like our tax-payed welfare and benefits and I only want tax-payers and american citizens to benefit from it. Too many undocumented
immigrants would increase the demand for welfare which would reduce the amount of welfare I receive or increase my taxes.

Also I would prefer if only people with morals compatible with American morals entered my country. Though if I am honest, I am not sure exactly how the government could prevent people willing to do hate crimes against other races, sexualities & religions from entering our country. Maybe prohibit people with a criminal background from entering the US?
To be fair if every country came together none of these would be problems.

To be fair if every country came together none of these would be problems.
That is nothing but an idealistic and delusional dream, we hate each other too much for that to happen. Even then people just prefer to divide themselves in tribes and groups thanks to their human nature. People are too patriotic and love their culture too much to the point that they won't try to unite their countries.

That is nothing but an idealistic and delusional dream, we hate each other too much for that to happen. Even then people just prefer to divide themselves in tribes and groups thanks to their human nature. People are too patriotic and love their culture too much to the point that they won't try to unite their countries.
Exactly. We'd unite and split back up again based on simply just believing different things. Throw in the people who want nothing for the world to burn, selfish assholes, psychopaths etc etc. It's much less resource consuming and controllable to just leave things as they are now in comparison to the hypothetical world of no borders.

Yes, because people are naturally greedy. As some borders get taken down, new ones will get put back up faster and more polarizing than the last. It's improbable, virtual impossible for this system to work except if done instantly (assuming by human efforts). This isn't really a project which can be done overtime. And I think I already gave my reasoning as to why a quick deletion of all borders
You're far too caught up in what is shown in a lot of media, where the most prominent voices heard are those of people who are driven solely by greed. Politicians, CEOs, and the like are the people we hear the most because their influence gives them the ability to make their voices heard to thousands, if not millions of people. However, when you deviate from the rich and famous, you will find no shortage of kind people who do genuinely want to make the world a better place, not for the sake of profit or furthering an agenda, but simply because the world deserves to be better. It's something I've experienced firsthand, to the point where I can confidently say I wouldn't be alive if not for the inherent willingness of mankind to help each other (and even for the people who've wronged me, I don't think they're irredeemably cruel... most of them, anyways).

Human nature is not inherently cruel. It is merely a vicious cycle of the few people that are cruel seizing power, and using that authority to perpetuate a cycle of cruelty (which, of course, is sustained across generations by the inherent idea that our ancestors knew what they were doing, so we should follow suit). This is why I'm an anarchist; To ensure that no singular man has control over the life of another is to end this cycle of violence, to make so that even if one person is irrationally cruel or evil, the people they harm can always find refuge in a broader world that is more tolerant. Of course, that isn't possible in a society where one man has the power to indiscriminately kill thousands whenever he wants for any reason.

TL;DR: Very few humans are cruel. The issue is that we give way too much authority to the ones who are cruel.

Also not gonna even bother responding to the trash fire above, just gonna expand my mental tabs on who to not talk to on here. Human psychology is not the issue, you nihilist weirdos. Watch Gurren Lagann and maybe that'll make you feel better.

Honestly, the only way I see a world with no borders is through totalitarianism, imperialism and a world order. America is the most powerful military in the world and as long as we are self sufficient enough (Other countries would not give us their goods if we try to invade them ): ...) We could go on a war against the world and win. We could solo Earth high diff tbh. What are y'all gonna do? Nuke us? Anyway, if America colonizes the world we could force people to work with each other and have no borders but that goes against American morals. We shouldn't have America be bloodlusted fr fr :v

You're far too caught up in what is shown in a lot of media, where the most prominent voices heard are those of people who are driven solely by greed. Politicians, CEOs, and the like are the people we hear the most because their influence gives them the ability to make their voices heard to thousands, if not millions of people. However, when you deviate from the rich and famous, you will find no shortage of kind people who do genuinely want to make the world a better place, not for the sake of profit or furthering an agenda, but simply because the world deserves to be better. It's something I've experienced firsthand, to the point where I can confidently say I wouldn't be alive if not for the inherent willingness of mankind to help each other (and even for the people who've wronged me, I don't think they're irredeemably cruel... most of them, anyways).

Human nature is not inherently cruel. It is merely a vicious cycle of the few people that are cruel seizing power, and using that authority to perpetuate a cycle of cruelty (which, of course, is sustained across generations by the inherent idea that our ancestors knew what they were doing, so we should follow suit). This is why I'm an anarchist; To ensure that no singular man has control over the life over another is to end this cycle of violence, to make so that even if one person is irrationally cruel or evil, the people they harm can always find refuge in a broader world that is more tolerant. Of course, that isn't possible in a society where one man has the power to indiscriminately kill thousands whenever he wants for any reason.

TL;DR: Very few humans are cruel. The issue is that we give way too much authority to the ones who are cruel.

Also not gonna even bother responding to the trash fire above, just gonna expand my mental tabs on who to not talk to on here. Human psychology is not the issue, you nihilist weirdos. Watch Gurren Lagann and maybe that'll make you feel better.
See here's the thing. Not very few humans are cruel. Just very few humans actually get to show off their true colors. There are far more selfish people then implied. Yes many people are kind no doubt but there are actually tons of genuinely evil people. I don't have to look at the media to get my information, I go outside everyday. I can tell you right now people are genuinely evil and aren't even remorseful. I know tons of scammers, robbers, hell I know people who have claimed bodies. If you're saying there aren't many psychos and people who don't just want the worst for the world than I might agree with you (although I'd disagree because those hateful people don't even have the power to) but selfish is a trait in quite literally everyone. The only thing is obviously people have it to different degrees. Some low, some high, some straight up off the charts. But the worst part about it is that selfish breeds selfish. A person who wouldn't dare steal my take somebody else's plate because there's was taken from them that night. As the cycle continues the stakes are higher and suddenly that same person is doing the most heinous things in retaliation. Most won't start the fire but expecting them to put it out is equally as dumb.

Honestly, the only way I see a world with no borders is through totalitarianism, imperialism and a world order. America is the most powerful military in the world and as long as we are self sufficient enough (Other countries would not give us their goods if we try to invade them ): ...) We could go on a war against the world and win. We could solo Earth high diff tbh. What are y'all gonna do? Nuke us? Anyway, if America colonizes the world we could force people to work with each other and have no borders but that goes against American morals. We shouldn't have America be bloodlusted fr fr :v
This mf crazy. No way you unironically think we beating the rest of the world. Amount of people vastly out number us and we don't even have the best soldiers. If Russia, France, Germany, and Japan made a group chat we'd be cooked.

Human nature is not inherently cruel. It is merely a vicious cycle of the few people that are cruel seizing power, and using that authority to perpetuate a cycle of cruelty (which, of course, is sustained across generations by the inherent idea that our ancestors knew what they were doing, so we should follow suit). This is why I'm an anarchist; To ensure that no singular man has control over the life of another is to end this cycle of violence, to make so that even if one person is irrationally cruel or evil, the people they harm can always find refuge in a broader world that is more tolerant. Of course, that isn't possible in a society where one man has the power to indiscriminately kill thousands whenever he wants for any reason.

Fair enough. I just have issues seeing how your ideologies would work or how they would benefit me on a personal level since I've never been on an anarchist society nor am I knowledgeable in successful anarchist societies. I know it's selfish but the status quo gave my family economic stability and houses we could only dream of having when we lived in Puerto Rico (A country that's poorer than every state in the US) I wish my life stays the same or improves. Maybe add a bit of healthcare in case my family gets hurt but so far so good.

Though at the same time I must say that even if most people are goodhearted, people with bad intentions have too much power. If you were to go against them you would make lots of enemies, and people tend to dislike changes to the status quo, so they would oppose you simply because of that.

Maybe you could get some other anarchists and go on an island of property and make a small anarchist society there (Unless the government intervenes just like they did to CHAZ here in the US. Though if I remember well, they pretty much caused their own downfall.)

This mf crazy. No way you unironically think we beating the rest of the world. Amount of people vastly out number us and we don't even have the best soldiers. If Russia, France, Germany, and Japan made a group chat we'd be cooked.
Nah fam, we outscale them. Simple as.

I'm so ******* tired of people turning these into politic threads
I don’t mind politics monke but if you do discuss them, make sure doesn’t span like an entire page and it doesn’t get super heated, and certain politics are best to be avoided, especially China (considering what’s happening right now)

a little politics is okay as long you know when to stop.

as my dad once told me, “when you know when to stop you can start”

Back