• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

What game?
Phantom Forces
Ashamed I used to play it but I did
image.png

Rock music as a genre nowadays is too overproduced for my liking.

I've been noticing this a lot recently with bands like Fozzy, Sleeping With Sirens, and Story Of The Year.

Their older projects were so much better because of how raw and authentic they sounded compared to the music they make now, which sounds so overly produced that I quickly lose interest by the time I get into the third of fourth song.

Listen to one song off of Fozzy's 'Chasing The Grail' and 'Boombox' projects.

Listen to one song off of SWS' 'With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear' and 'Complete Collapse' projects.

Listen to one song off of SOTY's 'The Constant' and 'Tear Me To Pieces' projects.

Listening to any song off of these projects makes you tell the massive difference in sound these bands went through in the past decade or so. Their sound doesn't feel authentic anymore.

I'm not saying their projects are bad per say. I still got some songs off those projects I'd still listen to, but they just don't hit the same.

I miss the 2000s-Early 2010s Rock/Metal music ngl.

Listen to one song off of Fozzy's 'Chasing The Grail' and 'Boombox' projects.

Listen to one song off of SWS' 'With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear' and 'Complete Collapse' projects.

Listen to one song off of SOTY's 'The Constant' and 'Tear Me To Pieces' projects.
Actually, I'll pull up examples for y'all mfs.

Back