• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

people say that the chinese novels can be good and fun and a good experience and not made to be overly powerful and yet
one supporter, all profiles are god tiers and no low tiers at all

Bananas are definitely a top-tier fruit but you can't simply go around putting them into things like muffins, or bread, or other food items and expect them to also be good.

Banana bread slaps tho.

i like pineapple but i haven't eaten one in ages since the good ones are hard to come by in countries far from the places where it grows. Mango is tasty. Apples are amazing

people say that the chinese novels can be good and fun and a good experience and not made to be overly powerful and yet
This shit is like really popular in China, tbf. Shit has, like, 8+ million views, and has iirc 8.7/10 rating.

Proof that the chinese have become far to powerful.

some average joe comes who is 10-A and incons every tier 0
And? That would be vibes (Though to be serious HDE shuts that down very easily)

AP Stomps are only barely less restricting than Speed Blitzes, and they’re such a boring side of debate. I wanna talk about how abilities, weapons, personalities, weaknesses etc. bounce off of each other, not how most of that is irrelevant because I put a few numbers in a Google calculator and the result was only barely below 7.5. The amount of cool new options that would open up if we allowed AP to be equalised is incredible, and make the life of people trying to find matchups easier too. I’m sick of going through 10 profile long scaling chains to find a calc that makes the most badass thread of all time impossible by an extremely small number

No but seriously, I do get the issue with Skill threads. We all have a general idea of what consitutes skill and what makes some feats more impressive than the other. But it all breaks down when it comes to the little details. Is AnaPre that can only one step ahead, but is more detailed worse or better than AnaPre that can only predict the attack, but can read 3 steps ahead.

But worst is the fact that people naturally want to be in the right, in a topic where a objective right simply dosn't exist. So they devolve into shouting and endurance matches. Personally, I preach a general "Who cares in the end" mindset. Because, even if your favourite verse dosnt end up in the top 5, top 10, top 15 or even top 20. So long it is somewhere around top 50, it is still a more skilled verse than 99% of fiction. That is impressive, no matter how you dice it.
The only time I have an issue with skill threads is when the skill feats get overly complicated.

There's a manhua called cultivator vs superhero that's pretty much about how cultivators as an archetype tend to be far far far more broken than superheroes, magic girls, power rangers, and myth version gods and stuff.

Apples can be #1 or meh. Sometimes you get one that tastes like heaven with great texture and sometimes you get flaky apples that turn into dust in your mouth when you bit into them.
The last ten apples I've eaten have been among the grossest fruits I've ever tasted. Idk if I've just gotten unlucky or what, but it's turned me off to the fruit in general.

Apple Sause ******* SLAPS tho ngl.

8 mil views in a country with 1.5 bil people who don't speak english well is low tier ngl
It's still a lot of people. It's not like everyone and their mother is gonna read novels there, not to mention, on webnovel.com this shit also has like 5 million views.

Regardless of whether or not you think the views are low compared to its country, it still has a **** ton of people viewing it. And the ratings are good for it, too.

Cold take: I'm so ******* hot
"I'm so ******* hot"

11932130-detail-of-ugly-man-face-isolated-on-white-background-.jpg

Apples can be #1 or meh. Sometimes you get one that tastes like heaven with great texture and sometimes you get flaky apples that turn into dust in your mouth when you bit into them.
Yeah a nice apple can make you feel as good as this guy, personally I prefer pineapples tho but I'm kinda weird that way.

It's still a lot of people. It's not like everyone and their mother is gonna read novels there, not to mention, on webnovel.com this shit also has like 5 million views.

Regardless of whether or not you think the views are low compared to its country, it still has a **** ton of people viewing it. And the ratings are good for it, too.
Then again, Maou gakuin is also highly rated and viewed, so...

Regardless, It's kinda ingenious to make it seem like all chinese novels are like this. I doubt most of them ever reach 1-A with the exception of this one, and Ergenverse (Which is one of the most popular verses in all of china, has 1-A, and is extremely high rated)

Bananas are definitely a top-tier fruit but you can't simply go around putting them into things like muffins, or bread, or other food items and expect them to also be good.

Banana bread slaps tho.
I can't think of off the top of my head something I don't at least find decent with bananas in it though. Strawberries and kiwi eliminate each other because they are ass when paired. Some things with orange are a little too bitter (including some oranges themselves) and some are too sweet (The word sweet probably eliminates every other fruit though so maybe that isn't fair.) Pineapple? Now that's like way way too sweet in some things, enough to bypass my rule. Watermelon is the only other thing that compares (mango flavored things are ass.) But I gotta ask this. Have you ever had a smoothie with watermelon as a key ingredient? Now that I think about it, it doesn't sound bad but probably not. Bananas solo.

The two best possible combinations of food and/or drink are White Bread/Butter and Vanilla Ice Cream/Diet Coke

Back