• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

Like let's look at Rimuru's massacre and at Ainz's massarce

Rimuru's country was attacked despite being peaceful, his friends were murdered and the only way to save them was to become a demon lord, there was an army who was ready to r*pe and kill walking over to his kingdom to anihilate it. He killed them all due to that.

Now Ainz...he helped the attacking country that just wanted to conquer more land. He did it to show off and to become the leader of the country. He had 0 reason to kill everyone and i almost guarantee that there are ways he could have avoided combat entirely.

I think you get the point i am trying to make here right?

the most annoying part is the people trying to justify his actions despite, you know, murdering like 40k people or sth for no real reason
I feel like most people do that ironically, right? Sorta like the Griffith did nothing wrong crowd.

Ainz's actions are unquestionably morally corrupt even if they were to the benefit of Nazarick as a whole.

Extremely common Midas L.

Go back to your corner.
cover4.jpg

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. You made a dumb claim and I refuted it, and now you’re just trying to cry. You did all that insulting to me but when I simply point out how what you said is incorrect and how you didn’t read something that blatant, I’m being a prick? This is pathetic. I’m somehow not using my brain when I just proved you can’t read…
More evidence that Arcker is schizophrenic required, it seems.
if you two don't shut up im calling up the mods on you...or sth. Either way i have a rule to make this thread non-toxic and that is not to argue about sth for too long, please follow it, both of you.

if you two don't shut up im calling up the mods on you...or sth. Either way i have a rule to make this thread non-toxic and that is not to argue about sth for too long, please follow it, both of you.
Oh I'm so frightened. Arceus be quiet and go rant about Overlord again.

Oh I'm so frightened. Arceus be quiet and go rant about Overlord again.
Azontr stop giving attention to a child who wants attention who, btw, wasn't even called here by me. This is a hot takes thread, not a thread to insult each other over what people like. You can complain about something here but dissing people unironically is extremely beta of you.

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. You made a dumb claim and I refuted it, and now you’re just trying to cry. You did all that insulting to me but when I simply point out how what you said is incorrect and how you didn’t read something that blatant, I’m being a prick? This is pathetic. I’m somehow not using my brain when I just proved you can’t read…
55th Street falling apart.

Azontr stop giving attention to a child who wants attention who, btw, wasn't even called here by me. This is a hot takes thread, not a thread to insult each other over what people like. You can complain about something here but dissing people unironically is extremely beta of you.
Arceus for the love of god get the **** out of my face. I'm literally trying to move on from the situation and have fun and your just fueling the fire.

Another cope. I’m really farming you.

Nothing here is toxic, he’s just crying for nothing.
55th Street falling apart.
You’re my victim

Full Metal Alchemist.... What makes it good? It was quite bland

The jokes in it are especially bad lol
Okay this is a big big hot take imo

but when I had watched FMA and FMA:B, I could not understand what the hype was about.. AT ALL. I truly believe it's a good story and well written series, but I couldn't find anything standoutish about it that people kept considering it peak fiction or whatever. I really liked the power system, the characters, the antagonists, OPs/EDs, and enjoyed the aesthetics, but to me personally it did not stand out.

I even tried rewatching FMA:B like a few months ago and I couldn't bring myself to finish episode 1. But that might just be because I don't really watch anime anymore.. maybe I should try the manga.
Anyways, Korean media >>>> Chinese media
ALL DAY, ANY DAY

not a debate

I feel like most people do that ironically, right? Sorta like the Griffith did nothing wrong crowd.
Correct. Ainz is not a morally good protagonist. He's a Lawfully Evil Villain who prioritizes Nazarick over anything else in the world, including honor morality and ethics. He has moments that makes you think he's a neutral protagonist who rewards good with good and evil with evil, but every time he has helped someone outside from Nazarick it's because:

1.He had something to gain, nothing to lose and his moral code tells him not to exploit his workers, as he came from a different timeline where Japan became a corporativist hell ruled by black companies who overworked their staff to death, wich happened to his mom.

2.He wanted to throw the few good NPC that live in Nazarick a bone by not hurting their consciences even further.
He's apathetic towards human suffering and his moral code and ethics are secundary to the well being and happiness of Nazarick denizens. he'd gladly let his Guardians slaughter a village full of children if it would make them cheer up were and there was nothing to gain for the future of his country. by letting them live. (this could be wrong and there could be a limit to his apathy, tho. I'd say if he sees Demiurge's happy farm and doesn't scold him, or at least care a little then it's safe to assume he has 0 empathy towards non Nazarick denizens.)

What makes people like him is that he's extremely competent, 90% of the time he goes ham on a kingdom that kingdom was full of people who were incompetent, evil and irredemable.
His moral codes are actually pretty good when it comes to people allied, tied or belonging to Nazarick, with him valuing the opinion of minorities under his government (the few good NPC's), being able to recognize his enemies merits and motivations even if he's not swayed by them, Ainz himself not being that evil when compared to say, Demiurge, Albedo and Shalltear, and the fact he treats any subordinate or people who swears allegiance to him and Nazarick fairly and with respect.

But i admit it's ****** when you stop and think about the fates of some people he wiped out, like, imagine living under an authoritarian government who exploits you and gives you barely any hope for a better future and better social standing, all while mocking you and taking selfish choices that benefit an oligarchy that looks down on all people, and then one day these same people who torment you enrage a skeleton man with their stupidity and now you are drafted to the battlefield to die an unnegotiable horrible painful death along with your entire family for something you not only had nothing to do with,, but are also a victim to. Yeah, Overlord world is a pretty horrible place to exist.

Back