• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

fbc96275ac11217ebf0eced5b37497f5ec8773ec4c552d8f7324f8ece852783f_1.jpg

Stamina is a ******* joke and every word is a meaningless buzzword that has no bearing on actual facts or a unified system.

Heres all my Hot takes in one post

Jujutsu Kaisen is the very definition Of Mid Shonen, it does everything competently but nothing exceptionally

Death Note's second half isn't only weaker than the first it's a massive nose dive with writing so hilariously bad that it makes a ton of other anime/manga series that get shat on on for having bad endings look good.

The Pain arc in Naruto is good but overrated, theres at least 3 arcs better than it.

One Piece is just as flawed or good as the rest of the big three, and i think this massive gap between One Piece's apparently quality and the rest of the big three is exaggerated, also some flaws are likely forgiven out of sunk cost fallacy.

Ichigo is a neat protagonist.

When Marnie was there is one of Ghibli's best movies

Black Clover has no great Villains

Okay now for the non weeb shit

God of War 2018 is compelling story tied to a mediocre game

Bioshock Infinite is bad

Spider Man 2 (2004) is overrated and has a cluster **** of a plot

Infinity war is bad

Into the Spiderverse is by and far the best spider man film

Winnie The Pooh has based lore

The Lighthouse is peak 2019

Star Wars TLJ is cool

Seventh Generation of consoles is the ugliest

Wonderful 101 is peak gaming action and should be enjoyed by all

Pineapple on Pizza is based

it's okay to like something without having to create a concession of the works flaws every time you talk about it.

Would easily Give Head to a stranger for a million dollars.

What peeves me the most in i became the strongest______ series is that 90% of the time the MC gets a normal skill that's considered trash, but any idiot with 2 braincells could easily find use for it. Like, i read one where the protagonist legit has absolute dominion over the life and death of all things. he can just look at you and instantly kill you on top of reviving anyone he wants back to life, but everyone treats him like trash because he lacks firepower and his stats are low. And it's not even low in the "even a bug can kill him, it's low in "when compared to other boss level monsters".

That's not when the mc is an extraordinary healer or tanker that has clear actual use in any party in rpg known by man, but everyone is incompetent and only cares about attack power and DPS.
Or when it's a non comative class with absurd production capacities wich could shift the entire planet's economy and solve world hunger and poverty through producing high quality potions or merchandise in mass, but people look down on them because "it's a common skill" and everyone before them who had it was unable to think besides using the most basic function eternally without any room for innovation.

One Piece is just as flawed or good as the rest of the big three, and i think this massive gap between One Piece's apparently quality and the rest of the big three is exaggerated, also some flaws are likely forgiven out of sunk cost fallacy.
One Piece is the worst in the Big 3 by a very large margin. It’s not comparable to the Big 3, it literally does nothing better than either Bleach or Naruto

I feel like a lot of people would deep down ngl.

considering the average income, getting a million up front is unironically a life changer.

all that for like…what, less then an hour of work? I’d do it for less no cap.
For less? Naw man if your gonna suck a random guy's dick get your money's worth, don't settle for less.

One Piece is the worst in the Big 3 by a very large margin. It’s not comparable to the Big 3, it literally does nothing better than either Bleach or Naruto
I think OP handles it's worldbuilding better than Bleach or Naruto, well at least for now anyway.

Back