• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Horribly made) Roblox upgrades II: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
The cancermancer (Original poster, of course) has returned with several questions regarding possible upgrades for ROBLOX in general.

(And by "several questions" I mean a single question, I don't even know why I stated that there would be several questions in the first place, and I'm not even sure if this line is going to be relevant afterwards).

There are multiple gears that can change the time of day by (assumably) rotating whatever planet they're on.

Several months ago, I created two videos showing both the sword of darkness and midnight sword's effects, but I never posted them on the forums:

Sword of Darkness' effect
Sword of Darkness' effect

Midnight Sword's effect
Midnight Sword's effect

I'm going to assume that the effect is performed by rotating whatever thingymajig they're on, similarly to how to the Earth rotates. Since most of the Roblox places I would be testing this on this are either fairly small maps or small, floating platforms, I can't really ensure how I can interpret it.

Though, if I remember correctly, you can use a sword of darkness to shift the time of day to night and then use the sword of light afterwards to shift it back to day, not sure if this contributes to anything.

Back on the topic (as if I weren't already talking about it still), according to this blog , rotating the Earth is Moon level (For the normal speed it rotates on its axis at). Considering how quickly the sword of darkness/sword of light/midnight sword rotates shifts the time of day, this could be used as some kind of lowball for the feat.

At the moment, I need more input on if this feat is usable or not, I know that characters like this one have Moon level ratings for reversing the earth's rotatio.

We'll have to assume that the place(s) that the Robloxian shifts day/night on is indeed Earth sized. Wouldn't it just be a power/ability/hax?

Fllflourine said:
We'll have to assume that the place(s) that the Robloxian shifts day/night on is indeed Earth sized. Wouldn't it just be a power/ability/hax?
It technically is, but it's caused by one of the swords he's using (By using a specific ability), sorta like the celestial towers or the monoliths from Terraria.

I'd say that it would be time manipulation, if I were to pin it down to a specific ability, or simply the ability to shift night and day.

Fllflourine said:
I'd say that it would be time manipulation, if I were to pin it down to a specific ability, or simply the ability to shift night and day.
I can see how that works, sorta like how creative mode Steve's theoretical profile has it on there like that. My only question is, what would the range on it be?

Well, I'm not sure how far the extent of a place in Roblox can get (The skybox stretches across the whole place, I know that, unless it changed since last time I played Roblox), so perhaps "Unknown"?

Limited time manipulation seems fine to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back