• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Horns, a trident, and fire, you say?" Cuphead Vs. Asgore

Both 9-A. End Game Cuphead is used.

Due to some huge misunderstandings, Cuphead finds himself in the throne room of King Asgore Dreemurr. Cuphead instantly rushes into battle, and Asgore defends himself.

Speed is equalized and both are in-character.

Cup:

Goat:

Cuphead has faced fire-shooting enemies before but Fluffybun's danmaku seems a little more complex than most Cuphead bosses. Asgore probably has higher range but he doesn't move much and Cuphead can easily close the distance. Once in range Cuphead just needs to keep up the pressure for a while with various weapons while dodging, much like any other Cuphead boss. We don't really have a calc for Cuphead but I won't assume this is a one-shot in either direction. Asgore ignores durability anyway because his danmaku harms the SOUL, normally dealing 5 HP per attack unless there is 5 or less HP left, instead bringing it down to 1 HP. However, Cuphead has killed countless enemies so far on his journey so his SOUL likely has 99 HP. If this is the case Cuphead is more likely to take this since he'll be able to take plenty of hits.

Cuphead doesn't have a calc right? I'm relatively new here and don't know if calcless characters are assumed to be at the lower limit of the tier or are in the middle of the tier. If it's the latter then Cuphead one-shots.

nvm I did the math, if it at mid tier, Cuphead almost one-shots.

...seems like these votes are pretty massively game mechanics.

Does Cuphead resist soul manip? Otherwise, Asgore chunks 'em with every attack and wins.

Moritzva said:
...seems like these votes are pretty massively game mechanics.

Does Cuphead resist soul manip? Otherwise, Asgore chunks 'em with every attack and wins.
His attacks only deal 5 damage and Cuphead has killed a lot of people, likely having a SOUL with 99 hp.

His attacks only deal 5 damage and Cuphead has killed a lot of people, likely having a SOUL with 99 hp.

Gameplay mechanics are irrelevant to any debates on this site. Unless Cuphead resists soul manipulation Asgore likely one-shots.

The Wright Way said:
Gameplay mechanics are irrelevant to any debates on this site. Unless Cuphead resists soul manipulation Asgore likely one-shots.
Then in versus threads about Sans, why the **** do people always say that Sans' attacks will kill an opponent in 0.3 seconds because of KR and lacking invincibility frames?

Cuphead's danmaku is way superior to Undertale's danmaku, since this is endgame Cuphead he should have all of his charms.

Smoke Bomb can just straight up say no to something like Asgore's trident and he can also easily blast through walls of bullets with it because it's spammable. Roundabout and Chaser allows him to score hits even if he's not aiming and he has one free fuckup because of the Parry Sugar automatically parrying the first thing that Cuphead hits. Plus an AP advantage to top that off and I think Cuphead's looking pretty good here.

I think Cuphead takes this because of his experience dodging danmaku, his smoke bomb, and one free hit if he does **** up.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Cuphead's danmaku is way superior to Undertale's danmaku, since this is endgame Cuphead he should have all of his charms.
Smoke Bomb can just straight up say no to something like Asgore's trident and he can also easily blast through walls of bullets with it because it's spammable. Roundabout and Chaser allows him to score hits even if he's not aiming and he has one free fuckup because of the Parry Sugar automatically parrying the first thing that Cuphead hits. Plus an AP advantage to top that off and I think Cuphead's looking pretty good here.

I think Cuphead takes this because of his experience dodging danmaku, his smoke bomb, and one free hit if he does **** up.
I already voted for Cuphead at the beginning but I don't think Cuphead fights have superior danmaku to Undertale.

Yea, Cuphead's danmaku is pretty damn tame tbh.

The Wright Way said:
There's a miscommunication here. Cuphead the character has tame danmaku, the game's bosses don't.
Dunno, the bosses' danmaku has always been near equal to Undertale in potency, tbh. A far cry away from Nuclear Throne or Touhou Project.

i just typed this massive multi paragraph explanation about game mechanics and why undertale has more complex danmaku but it glitched and the reply was deleted

despite my explanatory opinion the final paragraph was a rebuttal as to why i think cup still beats asgore despite the uphill danmaku situation, so cuphead fra basically

Back