• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Cuphead, despite being a verse that's fairly commonly used in matches, isn't in the best condition page-wise right now. As an example, Cuphead is Below Average Human, Subsonic by the endgame (with no justification for the latter), but The Devil is Transonic, with, again, no justification. One of our calculations presumes Cuphead is one meter tall, the other calculates him at about 75 cm. And they haven't been updated for the DLC. I'm here to hopefully rectify all that.

Er, spoilers for both Cuphead and The Delicious Last Course, latter is still fairly new so, I thought I'd put this out here. Isn't it ****** that Cuphead is over half a decade old now? Isn't it ****** that Undertale is almost a decade old now? Isn't it ****** that the Nintendo DS can drink in most countries now? Isn't-

Powers and Abilities​

All here, simple stuff. Way too much to talk about in detail here, but all bosses have had their P&A redone. Nothing too crazy I think. At the bottom you can find P&A for Miss Chalice and Chef Saltbaker, who I plan to make profiles for. I don't have any current interest to do so for the other DLC bosses.

Stats​

Alright, so, here's a blog I made containing what should be all of the verse's calculations. First off, I recalculated Cuphead's size so that we could have a more uniform thing to calc things off of.

Inkwell Isle I​

Currently, early Cuphead is scaled off splitting Goopy Le Grande's tombstone in half. Not only is the method outdated (understandably, old calc), but it's his death animation, which means the feat is overtime. Thankfully, Goopy himself grants us another feat by tackling really fast, which is, in itself, 9-B. It's also a Subsonic speed feat, which is nice because it gives us something to rate the first key by.

Inkwell Isle II/III​

I just recalculated the current feat, changing a couple things. Still 9-A, little higher now, surprisingly, given that Cuphead is smaller. More interestingly, I have a calculation for his speed now, which grants pretty meaty results. There's also a flight speed calc, which is less important but nice to have.

Inkwell Hell/The Delicious Last Course​

The reason for the former scaling to the latter is that an NPC in the DLC considers the Devil to be a more powerful foe than any of the bosses on Inkwell Isle IV (this doesn't include Saltbaker, who he doesn't know the bros are going to fight).

Now, here's the big boy upgrade. A calculation of Glumstone the Giant's GPE yields Low 7-B results, which is... a big jump, I don't deny that. I've explained the calculation's logic in the blog but to summarize, there's several things that confirm Glumstone is actually mountain-sized rather than just mountain-shaped. Cuphead/Mugman/Chalice defeat him, so the scaling is obvious. Granted, the finishing blow is dealt from the inside, but to get there you have to inflict harm to him (he has a black eye and briefly faints after phase 1), and him swallowing you is an offensive move on his part, not some attempt from the bros to find a way to kill him.

Again, it's a big jump, and I understand if that raises some suspicion, but there aren't really many anti-feats in Cuphead, given that it's all gameplay, and almost all against bosses. I wouldn't really call it a supporting feat, but there is the feat of Saltbaker destroying the inside of his weirdly massive basement by growing big, and later the destruction of his "shell" obliterating the rest of his basement and everything in its vicinity. (Note that this is still happening in some underground given the aftermath is still contained under his bakery). Way above 9-A. Glumstone himself also has an 8-C-ish feat of crushing a huge slab of stone, and both Saltbaker and The Devil, while far from mountain-sized, will probably reach 100 meters of height or something like that. So if this is rejected,
there's backup.

EDIT: Calced those as a low end, 8-A

Anyways, that's all. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Pretty nice
Gotta say tho, how do we explain Glumstone only being around the size of a building in game?
I mean they had to make him fit in the screen in some way, you can't really do Shadow of the Colossus in Cuphead. At least that's the way I see it, I had my doubts myself but the ending pic does show Glumstone being mountain-sized pretty unquestionably.
I ******* love you
💋

Also, paging the (active) verse supporters: @Arrogant_Schmuck @Ican'tthinkof1goodname @Marvel_Champion_07 @AceOfSpaces3709 @LeoEpicGamer8910

Damn, Supersonic and Small City level. Dudes got quite the jump there.

Ain't that knowledgeable on cuphead (Never played the dlc), but the changes look fine.

Isn't it ****** that Cuphead is over half a decade old now? Isn't it ****** that Undertale is almost a decade old now? Isn't it ****** that the Nintendo DS can drink in most countries now? Isn't-
It is ******. What the ****, I swear I felt like undertale and cuphead were a year or two ago. Damn, now I don't know what to feel.

Now, here's the big boy upgrade. A calculation of Glumstone the Giant's GPE yields Low 7-B results, which is... a big jump, I don't deny that. I've explained the calculation's logic in the blog but to summarize, there's several things that confirm Glumstone is actually mountain-sized rather than just mountain-shaped. Cuphead/Mugman/Chalice defeat him, so the scaling is obvious. Granted, the finishing blow is dealt from the inside, but to get there you have to inflict harm to him (he has a black eye and briefly faints after phase 1), and him swallowing you is an offensive move on his part, not some attempt from the bros to find a way to kill him.
Wasnt there a scene in the credits that shows that Glumstone isnt mountain sized?

I completely agree with everything here

I did not know that we could use the Gigant size to get a tier, that completely blew my mind

image.png

Yeah that's the one I posted in my reply to you. Fair enough that I didn't initially consider it but it doesn't affect my personal opinion too much

EHHHH i disagree with low 7-B. Like i get the idea but i feel as though the actual fight is more important. This isn't a case of Pokemon having inconsistently sized 3D models due to visual limitations, the entire main fight here which is carefully crafter around his size is clearly showing him as way smaller than a freaking mountain of all things. Like his finger would literally be the size of the entire battlefield and considering Cuphead and Glum scale around each other in terms of speed, there is no way to dodge his attacks. I find this illogial.

the entire main fight here which is carefully crafter around his size is clearly showing him as way smaller than a freaking mountain of all things. Like his finger would literally be the size of the entire battlefield and considering Cuphead and Glum scale around each other in terms of speed, there is no way to dodge his attacks. I find this illogial.
I disagree with this. Size limitations on screen are still a thing. See Asura's Wrath, where the same thing applies but to a higher extreme.

I mean if they move at the same speed then Cuphead can definitely dodge no matter his size, in fact it'd make it easier.

Still while I do think it's valid to consider it an abstraction, I do see your point. Tell you what, would it be acceptable for you if that was only a possibly/likely high end, and I calculated another feat or two to act as a lower, tier 8-ish end?

I disagree with this. Size limitations on screen are still a thing. See Asura's Wrath, where the same thing applies but to a higher extreme.
The thing is, i cannot call this a size limitation. Asura is one thing since that is indeed a very big game limitation but in this situation the entire fight is built around his specific size and we have extremely limited proof he is truly mountain sized. If he was larger the fight would go in a completely different way. It feels very wrong to just assume that the visuals shown in the game are very different.
I mean if they move at the same speed then Cuphead can definitely dodge no matter his size, in fact it'd make it easier.

Still while I do think it's valid to consider it an abstraction, I do see your point. Tell you what, would it be acceptable for you if that was only a possibly/likely high end, and I calculated another feat or two to act as a lower, tier 8-ish end?
i do not even see it as such. I feel as though the one bit of evidence that he is truly mountain sized here is that one shot from the drawing book where he peaks from behind the mountain range. That's it, that is literally all there is to suggest that while the visuals in the game are completely contradictory to this.
I know this is a nitpick but the artbook also says that his people "become" mountains not that they are mountains. This suggests he might need more time to become a full mountain.
The rest of the evidence i've seen only just shows he is mountain themed and that the fight happens on a mountain. That's it.

But please do the tier 8 calc, i think that would be a lot better.

I know this is a nitpick but the artbook also says that his people "become" mountains not that they are mountains. This suggests he might need more time to become a full mountain.
They become mountains in the sense that they're encased in stone over millennia, they don't grow. And he is one of them, he was just mined out of the rock by gnomes:

"These massive sedentary beings that have calcified into stone, covered in greenery, and become one with the earth. Much to our bearded bruiser's dismay, a society of gnomes have made their homes among these mountains and they've been steadily mining the rocks, disturbing the sleep of the giant. He's awake now, and he's not happy about it!"

They become mountains in the sense that they're encased in stone over millennia, they don't grow. And he is one of them, he was just mined out of the rock by gnomes:

"These massive sedentary beings that have calcified into stone, covered in greenery, and become one with the earth. Much to our bearded bruiser's dismay, a society of gnomes have made their homes among these mountains and they've been steadily mining the rocks, disturbing the sleep of the giant. He's awake now, and he's not happy about it!"
i understand and that's fair but it still is a big stretch to say they are legit mountain sized.
But it does support the size limitation argument.
yes but the only evidences that remain for mountain size is 1 shot of glum peeking from behind a mountain range which is countered by the fact that it's the only one where he is that sized. The other evidence is other ones of his species being mountains which doesn't really prove he is mountain-sized either, just that they are mountain sized.

i understand and that's fair but it still is a big stretch to say they are legit mountain sized.
It literally says they become mountains, you can see clouds around them and shit, that doesn't really work if they're not at least some couple hundred meters big.

I do think that there is an argument because some Cuphead bosses do have Size Manip, and some just kinda shift sizes inexplicably (mainly Cala Maria who's around 5-6 m in her fight and human-sized in the ending)

I don't really think that should be our default assumption, especially given that it's wildly different from the times it actually does happen in game and that even that could just be described as a stylistic thing rather than an actual mechanic, but I guess you could acknowledge it as a possibility.

Eh idk it does imply he's probably quite bit larger than the initial fight would depict tho.
i get it but "quite a bit" shouldn't be a 200x size difference not to mention it is a colossal jump in tier and the only other feat of this caliber that i know of is an ultra vague storm feat which wouldn't scale to physicals and the clouds were already there and they just changed slightly.

It literally says they become mountains, you can see clouds around them and shit, that doesn't really work if they're not at least some couple hundred meters big.

I do think that there is an argument because some Cuphead bosses do have Size Manip, and some just kinda shift sizes inexplicably (mainly Cala Maria who's around 5-6 m in her fight and human-sized in the ending)

I don't really think that should be our default assumption, especially given that it's wildly different from the times it actually does happen in game and that even that could just be described as a stylistic thing rather than an actual mechanic, but I guess you could acknowledge it as a possibility.
I understand but i still don't agree with using a character who is visually this large in one very small instance and then scaling all characters to Low 7-B despite having no other feats even near that caliber.

Eh, you could probably figure out how big he is, give or take, from his stomach, assuming it's comparable to a humans, relative to the rest of the body.

Wouldn't be surprised if the discrepancy gets close to that.

Whatever’s being agreed upon should be fine.

Though, would it be possible to scale Cuphead’s height to his height height in the Cuphead Show? (He was said to be 3’1” in one of the episodes)

Though, would it be possible to scale Cuphead’s height to his height height in the Cuphead Show? (He was said to be 3’1” in one of the episodes)
Oh I didn't know that. Yeah I would absolutely use that over the calculated height. Can I get a scan?

Eh, you could probably figure out how big he is, give or take, from his stomach, assuming it's comparable to a humans, relative to the rest of the body.

Wouldn't be surprised if the discrepancy gets close to that.
the average stomach is like 20cm in length so i doubt it'd be a big discrepancy

so quick pixel scaling

chalice is about as tall as cuphead so 93.98cm
(93.98/149)*1920=1211.01744966cm or 12 meters
1211.01744966/20=60.550872483
1.8*60.550872483=108.991570469 meters

I'd agree to this height.

Back