• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
don't calc glumstone as 108 meters, saltbaker is probably way bigger than that (and denser cause salt)

for the record, i'm not conceding Low 7-B away, i definitely think it should at bare minimum be a possibly

don't calc glumstone as 108 meters, saltbaker is probably way bigger than that (and denser cause salt)

for the record, i'm not conceding Low 7-B away, i definitely think it should at bare minimum be a possibly
and i still very much disagree with Low 7-B because i think the mountains wouldn't be proper 3km anyways. The entire area seems to be in an elevated place. In the glum fight we clearly see clouds crawling across the land. This only happens in areas with high elevation unless we count fog which we shouldn't count. Basically even if i did agree with mountain size it'd still be lower than 3km

Oh and the GPE in case of 108 meter height is 19220284897 joules or 4.59 tons - High 8-C, which is consistent

Very appreciated, I'll work on updating my calcs, mind if I ask you to check them once they're done?
Updated
and i still very much disagree with Low 7-B because i think the mountains wouldn't be proper 3km anyways. The entire area seems to be in an elevated place. In the glum fight we clearly see clouds crawling across the land. This only happens in areas with high elevation unless we count fog which we shouldn't count. Basically even if i did agree with mountain size it'd still be lower than 3km
clouds can be from one km up to several km tall themselves, so you may be right regarding the area being high elevation, but it doesn't matter much

and also, that's not where i get the pixel scaling, it's from the snow-capped mountains in the ending.

i mean, they're in front, perspective can only make the result lower than the truth in that case, not higher

I still heavily disagree with using 3km, especially considering the result is a massive outlier and so far characters haven't gone beyond tier 8.
I doubt i will be able to do much now though, since i am very much outvoted

I think mainly cause of the fact that other Cuphead dudes have varying sizes there could be made an argument that it's not fully iron solid, I kinda want to add a lower end as an absolute minimum, unless others disagree.

I think mainly cause of the fact that other Cuphead dudes have varying sizes there could be made an argument that it's not fully iron solid, I kinda want to add a lower end as an absolute minimum, unless others disagree.
actually nah that's too much effort tbh

cuphead-the-delicious-last-course-dlc-how-to-complete-sidequest-puzzle-5.jpg

the giant legs are around the size of the mountain in the DLC islind, that should be at least comparable to the ones in the background of his fight
Glumstone_The_Giant_%285%29.jpg

does this make any sense?

Screenshot-2022-06-28-113615.png

There is also the cursed relic fight that probable has something around mountain sized AP in here, but I can't put my finger on It

20220627112730_1.jpg

As well the amount of salt that Salt baker releases in this fight can probable get into the mountain level alone

Actually, I did calc Saltbaker, he's around 70 meters tall. Destroying the building he's in did give 8-A though. I feel like there's definitely a better way to calc the salt explosion than I did, but it only gave 8-C.

The overworld is also a good indication that I missed, but I wouldn't use it for pixel scaling given those are never to scale. As for the dream fight, I don't really know what you're referring to, and the fact that it's in a dream kinda raises some doubt.

The overworld is also a good indication that I missed, but I wouldn't use it for pixel scaling given those are never to scale.
Objects in the overword trough are not to scale in geral look, objectesd that interact with one another are, like the giant legs and the other mountains
As for the dream fight, I don't really know what you're referring to, and the fact that it's in a dream kinda raises some doubt.
I'm almost sure there are lore indications it's actually inside the astral helm

Objects in the overword trough are not to scale in geral look, objectesd that interact with one another are, like the giant legs and the other mountains
eeh, i think my method isn't too far off and more reliable
I'm almost sure there are lore indications it's actually inside the astral helm
idk, but there really isn't anything feat-wise in there

besides the low 7-B thing, it seems fine, low 7-B works as possible in my opinion, because glumstone's size is clearly inconsistent, regardless of reasons

Personally, I would just prioritize in favor of statements (If said) over what is shown if the size is inconsistent. It’s pretty common for many cartoons and video games to call something a mountain even though those mountains are only 10x larger than the people as if it makes the people giants.

Personally, I would just prioritize in favor of statements (If said) over what is shown if the size is inconsistent. It’s pretty common for many cartoons and video games to call something a mountain even though those mountains are only 10x larger than the people as if it makes the people giants.
The problem is that we have instances of him being mountain sized, so this isn't just hyperbole or something similar.
Example:
and literally 1 minute after is shown to be mountain-sized, top right corner

I mean, one of the scans literally states he’s part-mountain which is consistent with him being shown to be as tall as other mountains in the background despite how it would make Cuphead/Mugman/Chalice look big if we went with him being mountain sized (Which he is). Hence, the statement takes priority.

i think visuals should be prioritized because "mountains" vary in size and i doubt everyone knows the minimun size for them is 609 meters, not saying all statements about mountains should be unreliable, just that they are prone to mistakes/hyperbole, especially when the only visual evidence is the background in his fight, which both shows other members of his race as legit mountains while he is only building sized.

hell, compared to the houses, i'm pretty sure the two nearest members aren't even the minimun size, let alone 3 km, meanwhile the clouds are super close to the ground so uh, not a fully accurate background either

also, might be nitpicking the artbook like arceus did, but it says

it allowed us to create a believable sense of height, that you were actually fighting a giant atop a mountain towering over the basin below.

so we have 2 visual evidence against it, 1 visual in favor of it with some weird things, 1 statement for it and another that kinda implies against it

i think it is safe to say this is not exactly consistent and should be possible instead of solid

Last edited:
Yeah I did calculate a low end (8-A, which is still pretty damn high) for some of those reasons, granted some of those aren't correct but I think we've had enough of this discussion so

So, I'll just bump this a couple times and then we'll see

Think a bit, probable the size of the giant couldn't be used for AP any way sinse he don't atack with his full mass and cuphead and mugman are always atacking his face, that is a weak spot

Definitely agree with everything in the CRT. As far as mountain sized Glumstone, everything outside of the actual fight supports him being actual mountain sized, like the guide statements, map appearance, and ending slideshow. The gameplay element can be chocked up to the devs not wanting to make a fight where you are actually a pixel fighting against the feet of a giant, so they change it proportional to Cupheads size.

aint nobody care bro
Any way...

Again, even if the giant should have a low 7-B size, scaling to his AP whem he never did direct atacks with his body mass + the fact cuphead and mugman atack him in a less protect part of his body from start to finish means we probable shouldn't use the Low 7-B for his AP or Dura(Of his face, puppets and stomach), but I'm fine with size

I wouldn't really call "all of the face" a weak point, and you then go on to fight his hands, which aren't one at all. I think it's fine, especially with the Devil being said to be stronger than him.

Back