• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Honkai: Star Rail Discussion Thread

Yeah, I don't blame casual fans for not being aware of or not feel that these characters are that powerful due to how the game puts them in certain situations that they could easily resolve if they were that strong, but due to gameplay and plot reasons they just can't solve it that way

Damn i was literally just reading that thread

To be fair most fans are pretty casual when it comes to lore. Plus the problem most people seem to have is wether these statements refer to actually blowing up the planet or just life-wiping (which is a problem i also kinda have)
Yeah, a lot of casual fans like to rely more on visual feats and don't often dig too deep into lore and stuff. Similar to shit like God of War or DMC

Another thing is that i feel they want the series to be grounded without those higher-dimensional/multiversal shennanigans

Because be real, tier 2/1 stuffs aren't that much fun lel
I personally didn't have much trouble about Tier 2, it took a while but today I have considerable knowledge of it, but tier 1... lol, only recently I started to understand a few things only about the Low 1-C to High 1-C
Yeah, a lot of casual fans like to rely more on visual feats and don't often dig too deep into lore and stuff. Similar to shit like God of War or DMC
Ah yes, the time that God of War was updated from High 6-A to High 3-A, Low 2-C and 2-C, during that I had only known about this site for a few months or a year, that CRT was total chaos, I watched it all from a safe place, lol

Wow, the Reddit's users opinion on HSR powerscaling is rather... peculiar

Nearly everyone who mentioned the statements of Doomsday Beast, Stellaron Hunters, the swallowing star monsters and others was downvoted while who discarded these statements or actually used weak arguments to counter such as "we don't saw it on-screen", "they were exaggerating", "they could have destroyed the core of the planet causing and chain reaction" and other similar arguments was upvoted, lol
I hate this.
Its like saying that the writer is wrong by mentioning those things, especially with Himeko statement of Dan Heng "DEFEATING A STAR EATING MONSTER" very blatantly. I mean, if they want to downplay the character, at least don't misinterpret/ignore what is written in the game. That just being blind at that point.

I hate this.
Its like saying that the writer is wrong by mentioning those things, especially with Himeko statement of Dan Heng "DEFEATING A STAR EATING MONSTER" very blatantly. I mean, if they want to downplay the character, at least don't misinterpret/ignore what is written in the game. That just being blind at that point.
They don't want over the top power and highet dimensional bs and wanted grounded power level, that's why
Even if they went blind with it lel

What were they expecting from the Honkai series then? Honkai Impact 3rd and Honkai Gakuen 2 always had over the top power and high dimensional bs, they're not going to stop now lol
They were pretty succesful with Genshin so far, until it doesn't but so far so good, might see the same powerscale in sleeper agent too unless they get the Persona treatment.

Also, the trailer for Blade kinda make it seem like he got killed by BASE Dan heng or atleast injured by him (which tbh was already implied by the lightcone) which put the beginning of game trio and those scale to them being 5B even more solid, now to see whether oneshoting the star devourer is Base or Dragon.

I hate this.
I agree with you, if the statements were more detailed like how they could destroy a planet or star with other methods I would agree with them, but the statements of the Doomsday Beast, Stellaron Hunters and star devouring monster were very straightforward, when these feats were mentioned, they were stated have been performed with raw power, and knowing the Honkai writers, if they doesn't want to have the intention to imply these feats were done with just power, they would write with much, much details how the destructions of these planets and stars were done
They were pretty succesful with Genshin so far, until it doesn't but so far so good, might see the same powerscale in sleeper agent too unless they get the Persona treatment.

Also, the trailer for Blade kinda make it seem like he got killed by BASE Dan heng or atleast injured by him (which tbh was already implied by the lightcone) which put the beginning of game trio and those scale to them being 5B even more solid, now to see whether oneshoting the star devourer is Base or Dragon.
Yes, I know it was a success with Genshin, I don't deny it, but we are talking about the Honkai series, from what I read and experienced myself, they always had these type of stuff, just because the game is very popular they won't stop now, the Aeons and their concepts were the first example of this

Pretty much the statement of Dan Heng one-shotting an star devouring monster refers to his Base Form, since Himeko saw him doing it in first hand to knew his power and no one in the Astral Express knows Dan Heng's unknown past, the fact that he is the same race as Bailu or that he has an Dragon Form, including Himeko. About the 5-B, pretty much the Planet level statements were just comments about the power of the Doomsday Beast and Stellaron Hunters, not the upper limit of how strong they are, which currently is 4-C/Star level due to Base Dan Heng scaling or higher denpending on how the story of 1.3 version goes

Yes, I know it was a success with Genshin, I don't deny it, but we are talking about the Honkai series, from what I read and experienced myself, they always had these type of stuff, just because the game is very popular they won't stop now, the Aeons and their concepts were the first example of this
Even when a series has that as an integral part of its narrative, it's very common to see that being downplayed as for some reason some people reduce "it's strong" to "it's bad" because their only reference to strong stuff is DB and they reduce anything DB-like to "meaningless show with no depth".

What were they expecting from the Honkai series then? Honkai Impact 3rd and Honkai Gakuen 2 always had over the top power and high dimensional bs, they're not going to stop now lol
That's why they hate Honkai in first place despite HSR is literally in same universe as HI3, because HI3 fans will always bring their bs powerlevel on everything which cemented the hate on bigger powerscale on HSR

Even when a series has that as an integral part of its narrative, it's very common to see that being downplayed as for some reason some people reduce "it's strong" to "it's bad" because their only reference to strong stuff is DB and they reduce anything DB-like to "meaningless show with no depth".
Every battle shounen, action or show that is about battles will always have powerscaling and these type of stuff, this is the core of these series after all, I don't know why these parts are very hated despise it being very important to the narrative in the first place.

I really hate the "DBZ-style" argument, it is always something like this: "I don't believe they are this powerful", "we don't saw it on-screen", "why these characters don't do that if they are this strong?", "why that character or weapon don't destroyed the planet/star/solar system/galaxy/universe that they are fighting in if they were that powerful and unable to control their power properly?" and etc

Do we count the animation of the special moves as valid? Because there's a really cool animation that maybe could finally stop with the idea of "they can't destroy anything"

Although I'm unsure if they can scale Considering the body she used was mentioned to be a "a body stolen on a whim" and they later say "It takes more than that to destroy an Emanator of Destruction"

"It takes more than that to destroy an Emanator of Destruction"
This probably referring to the Ravanger state of being that they're some kind of soul, conciousness or energy creature (?) at least in Phatylia case. After all, its not easy to kill incorporeal being.

Do we count the animation of the special moves as valid?
I'm not sure. The closest case I can think of special move being a huge upgrade/showcase to character is Sephiroth supernova, if that is accepted as valid. Then we probably can apply it to HSR skill.

Do we count the animation of the special moves as valid? Because there's a really cool animation that maybe could finally stop with the idea of "they can't destroy anything"

Although I'm unsure if they can scale Considering the body she used was mentioned to be a "a body stolen on a whim" and they later say "It takes more than that to destroy an Emanator of Destruction"
I think we can use the special moves, but considering that the Lord Ravagers already scales far higher than that I doubt it could be very useful, but yes, it can help us to stop the ideia that the characters aren't that strong

I mean, it is more a feat for Phantylia than anything else, since she was also powered by the Abundance's power with the already Destruction power she possess, meaning that the Lord Ravager we fought is stronger than she normally is, and Phantylia even before the Abundance's boost is superior to or at least comparable to the Overlords, and even so, the Preservation Trailblazer, Dragon Form Dan Heng, March 7th, Welt and Jing Yuan, the latter who alone is stated to be comparable an normal Lord Ravager, only defeated her because Jing Yuan was connected with Pahntylia when she was trying to transform him into a member of the Antimatter Legion, forcing her to be off-guard allowing Dragon Form Dan Heng to inlfict an surpirse fatal strike to destroy her body, with Jing Yuan himself stating that if wasn't for Phantylia trying to transmutate him, he was unsure if they could defeated her without that opportunity

Last edited:
Also for the Trailblazer sandbox, I think it's more fitting to put Stelle in front over Caelus, since Stelle seems much more prominent in the marketing.

Jing Yuan himself stating that if wasn't for Phantylia trying to transmutate him, he was unsure if they could defeated her without that opportunity
True, true.
Heavily hinted by the Shogun that Phantylia could easily demolish them if she wasn't so keen on turning Jing Yuan into Void Ranger.

By the way...
Screenshot_225.png

Does this mean... Impact 3rd cosmology and Star Rail cosmology are all contained inside a single "universe"...? Hmm.

Considering what has been discussed before we might need to check the original text because of how variating the cosmology can be in regards to translated texts (Gives me Digimon flashbacks)

I agree with @Executor_N0, and due to HSR cosmology, the original text should be likely referring to the multiverse instead of just universe as it is in the english translation, this case should be some of that infamous errors that Hoyoverse translation team commits during the translations that confuses the players' heads

So, since March 7th and The Trailblazer during Xianzhou Luofu Arc are confirmed and show to be Lord Ravager level due to their fight against Phantylia and withstanding attacks from her, we should create new keys for them?
For example:

4-C for Beginning of the Game (Herta Space Station Arc/Jarilo-VI Arc)

High 1-C or whatever the Tier the Lord Ravagers are for Early Game (Xianzhou Luofu Arc onwards)

What do you guys think?

Is there anything that indicates that Xianzhou March 7th has gotten stronger? Because if not that would mean she's strong like that from the beginning☠️

I agree with @Executor_N0, and due to HSR cosmology, the original text should be likely referring to the multiverse instead of just universe as it is in the english translation, this case should be some of that infamous errors that Hoyoverse translation team commits during the translations that confuses the players' heads
It's not a translation error.
Src Text: 你们知道,在宇宙中有无数相似却又相异的世界。而在这些世界中,也有无数相似却又遇然相异的人。
Alt TL: "As you know there's countless similar yet different worlds in the universe. And in these worlds, there are countless similar yet different people."

The only time multiverse is ever stated in HSR is in IX's description.
The Honkai Universe (which contains HI3, GI, HSR) contains atleast 11Dimensions and infinite realities each with their own 4D space-time.
You can argue it's effectively a multiverse but it's not what the games call it.

Last edited:
The Honkai Universe (which contains HI3, GI, HSR) contains atleast 11Dimensions and infinite realities each with their own 4D space-time.
You can argue it's effectively a multiverse but it's not what the games call it.
I agree. Despite called "universe," some fiction have their universe contain everything known and unknown. So in this case, while the in-game character called it as only a "universe" it's actually a structure that contain set of multiple continuum.

Also who did ya'll use for Equilibrium 3? I'm still stuck.
If you have former Chadicus then Void trampler should be a breeze, along with Seelee prowler shouldn't be a problem.

If not, then your team should be something like this: Natasha, PreserveMC, Sus, Serval.

Anything that look like that is okay too.

Edit: Bailu, would give you lots of room to breath, especially against Prowler, also remember to but PMC to the left most and or right most followed by Nat/Bailu so the DPS take less damage from Trampler.

Last edited:
It's not a translation error.
Src Text: 你们知道,在宇宙中有无数相似却又相异的世界。而在这些世界中,也有无数相似却又遇然相异的人。
Alt TL: "As you know there's countless similar yet different worlds in the universe. And in these worlds, there are countless similar yet different people."

The only time multiverse is ever stated in HSR is in IX's description.
Can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. This is what I get for not paying attention to the forum.

Anyway, Honkai isn't actually 11-D by wiki standards. The Durandal VN was quite clear on the nature of the dimensions in the cosmology. According to Schrodinger, who's one of the most reliable sources for cosmology information, the Universe is composed of 3+1 spatial dimensions (the +1 being time), and 7 finite curled dimensions. Spatial dimensions are the only type of dimensions relevant to the setting that would count for tiering.

The other 7 extra dimensions are quite clearly referred to as being curled and finite, which means they're compactified string dimensions. As in, they're the small kind that don't count for any kind of AP tiering. So even the toppest tiers in all of Honkai don't even come close to being 11-dimensional in AP. Meaning no High 1-C.

There's a lot of discussion about this on the Hoyoverse Discord server that I constantly put out but nearly no contributors seem to want to join. There's a lot of CRT content we're planning on putting out, and while it's mostly relevant to Honkai Impact 3rd, it'll still affect HSR by virtue of scaling Welt.

After some discussions, the highest that the verse can theoretically go to (barring the Outer Gods of GGZ), is 7-D.

Back