• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Honkai Impact 3rd potential upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have you reached any new conclusions here, and if so, what?
Also, can somebody write a list of the exactly worded titles for all of the profile pages that I currently need to lock for this verse (the ones with tier 1 ratings)?
Also, about this...

Not always. The Selene battleship was known to be capable of destroying an entire city before it had done anything other than fly.
Not a good comparison, and also not entirely true. The Selene had also already triggered an explosion with its energy by this point due to Otto's sabotage in 1955. Additionally, it's capabilities are known because the equation for its power was quite literally located, they don't have to scan anything they have the answer available, this is nothing like assuming people can just tell exactly how much energy someone has without said energy coming from them like we've seen everytime.
The black hole may be. What about his non black hole attacks, though, like the beams he fires that were unable to harm Sirin? They're demonstrably weaker than solar system tier.
You mean the beams that didn't harm her because they were blocked? Being defended against proves they're not strong now? Does this mean Goku's attacks other than like, his Kamehameha don't scale to whatever his tier is because his opponent can typically defend against ot tank some? Because that's the exact same logic.

This is another weird leap in logic "Sirin blocks these and so they must be proof he's not this tier" especially when he was going to use his actual physical fist to hit her at one point, and it could have harmed her if he landed the hit, so it's not like only his black hole can harm her.
He also bothered to create an armoured hand to protect himself from a nuke that must be many orders of magnitude below his tier.
Yes, because this is a story and people sometimes have lower end feats, even if he were multi continental or whatever, he'd still be significantly stronger than this nuke and not need to defend against it logically, so is he like tier 7 then, is that what you're trying to say by bringing it up? Or the nuke simply scales. This nuke thing is a low end outlier no matter if he's tier 4 or tier 6 like you want him to be, so it's irrelevant unless you're arguing for tier 7 Welt and only Sirin scaling to the nuke or something weird.
Benares was able to survive a hit from him long enough to fly to the moon. Judgement-class is well below Herrschers.
This also doesn’t really matter because she survived a hit from someone she's weaker than no matter their tier, this doesn't really help as evidence against the tier. Even if he were still tier 6 she's vastly weaker than him, and survived being torn open from the inside by him, she just survives a lot in the manga, and even then, her injuries were treated as a major thing to her.

To be entirely honest here, I've spent the past however long addressing every single point you made, including by using quotes or pages from the manga, and your response has been grasping at unsubstantiated alternate explanations or whatever low end outlier you can find to argue they can't be the tier, and switching them to something new when they're addressed. Considering you've already made it clear in discord prior that you just don't like them being 4-B, I don't see much reason to continue this, as it's been made pretty evident your response to quite literally anything shown is going to be to try and respond with something else to keep this going. You're not even attempting to convince me, and I'm not going to manage to convince you no matter what I show or say clearly.

People, including staff, have agreed with the thread already, Avenger also has expressed that he still agrees with it in spite of what's been said, I think that's enough to just move on at this point rather than sit here going in a circle
Also, about this...
The only pages with a tier 1 rating currently are, to my knowledge

Will of the Honkai

Durandal

Murata Ryusuke

I think that's it for the thread then, the ratings and such are applied, pages locked again, and stuff was addressed

Okay. Are there any staff members that have replied to this thread earlier and I can ask for a confirmation in that regard?

Considering you've already made it clear in discord prior that you just don't like them being 4-B, I don't see much reason to continue this, as it's been made pretty evident your response to quite literally anything shown is going to be to try and respond with something else to keep this going. You're not even attempting to convince me, and I'm not going to manage to convince you no matter what I show or say clearly.
Actually, I want to acknowledge your debating skills and your in-depth knowledge of the series. You have in fact convinced me of at least supernova/star level things, and of course FTL, if not necessarily solar system. Let's say no more on this and just enjoy the new upgrades to the verse. I look forward to using them off-site.

So are there no disagreements that need to be handled here anymore?

I randomly decided to check one of the character profiles and noticed the upgrade to 4B. The scan for the solar system argument does not suggest anything of the sort. And what is "microcosm" in this context?
Not sure how it doesn't suggest anything of the sort when it says that Herrschers have enough energy to create a bubble universe that's the size of a solar system.
Microcosm in this context is reffering to the bubble universe.
I also object to the FTL speed. It's based solely on what are allegedly gamma rays, which clearly travel much slower in the only time they've been depicted in animation.
That's very common for anime, plus that animation is non-canon.

Yes. Welt's "supernova" was just a bluff. And it'd have vaporized the Earth, which is obviously the opposite of what he wanted.
He knew it wouldn't actually detonate, he planned for Sirin to take his core.
Compressing his core to 1.4 solar masses doesn't necessarily mean that he's star level. It just means that his gravity control is that strong, not all of him in general.
He is using Honkai energy to do it, which he uses for literally everything else,too.

So the VN says that the 1st and 2nd Herrschers, Welt and Sirin, have Honkai energy comparable to the amount of energy needed to build a solar-system sized bubble universe. But just having this much energy doesn't automatically translate to them being able to output this much offensively. For example, one of the endbringers from Worm has a mass of a galaxy. But this doesn't make it galaxy tier. Even if we take Welt's core detonation at face value, a supernova is vastly, vastly below solar system.
They use the energy for everything they do. Also, if you check the page for a supernova, you'll see that it's ranked high 4-C/4-B

Actually, I want to acknowledge your debating skills and your in-depth knowledge of the series. You have in fact convinced me of at least supernova/star level things, and of course FTL, if not necessarily solar system. Let's say no more on this and just enjoy the new upgrades to the verse. I look forward to using them off-site.
Well glad I could at least convince you of that much, good man, you asked good questions with the science stuff for speed of light and black holes and such

So are there no disagreements that need to be handled here anymore?
It would seem like there's not for now, no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back