• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homestuck Upgrade discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we can delete it for now, and make another one when someone would like to make one? It would be way easier to made a new one than editing this one, judging by how it currently is.

Is that about what happened after Lord English was defeated?

@Gf it's perfectly fine. You're not being rude.

But yeah, Pesterquest kinda expects you to have read Homestuck beforehand so it's super spoilery. Friendsim is pretty disconnected from the rest of the verse though, as it was originally made just to advertise Hiveswap Act 2.

Yes and no. We really don't know. Hiveswap is filler, Friendsim is important to Hiveswap, Pesterquest may or may not be retconning the ending of Homestuck.

Friendsim and Hiveswap are more semi-prequel to Homestuck I think.

Pesterquest is basically "the MSPA reader was pissed after reading Homestuck + Epilogues, touched the Treasure, prevented John from playing Sburb, making a timeline without all that supposed to happened."

For what happened after Lord's "defeat", it's in Homestuck Epilogues.

Okay. So what did happen after Lord English was apparently killed by an alternative version of his twin Calliope?

Lord English was indeed killed, but only in the last chapter of Epilogues.

The shenanigans of Calliope and her becoming a black hole weakened Lord English, then the Treasure/Ultimate Weapon released the beta kids, and after 3 of them dead and one dying, Davepetasprite^2 took Lord and fly into the black hole. At the end of the candy path, Calliope then ate Lord English, gaining its powers and "abilities no being even handle".

However the part concerning Lord isn't the main thing in Epilogues, it's only relevant in the 10/15 first chapter of the Meat path, and in the two last of the Candy path.

The main plot is about how they'll become "non-canon" after being on Earth C, with their action losing relevance, and basically Dirk becoming the new antagonist, with the Candy path being everyone having a "normal" life (doing a famility, political problem, etc...), and Meat path being Dirk doing his shenanigans to keep "relevance".

I am sort of interested. During what years was it written btw?

I am not going to read it. I have just turned curious. Sorry.

But in all seriousness, it truly is a special kind of journey. I highly recommend it, but I'll warn you, it's long. I believe it's around the 5th longest work of fiction to originate in the English language.

Still, given how hard it is to get me invested in long works of fiction, the fact that Homestuck still has me fully invested is impressive. It's a long, bizarre, complex, journey that is stupid and brilliant in equal measure. If you do decide to read, I truly hope you enjoy.

Let's focus on getting the practical work done here please.

Just in case, I'll also do a minor revision concerning Epilogues and minor stuff I forgot, so I think the pages shouldn't directly be locked.

If the second revision; the one about 1-A, could start at least 1/2 weeks later it would be very good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back