• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homestuck powers revisions ACT 5: Beta Kids

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
It's going to be a long thread:

Shared Abilities

Acausality (type 1)
The Alpha Kids are the young Guardians send at others time, and all of them are Paradox Clones. See this explanation.

Hammerspace + range
See the previous thread.

John have a sydallex quite normal (however his range is the same as hashrap) Dave has hash rap (so the range should be up to "several meters" or "tens of meters", Rose have a normal and useless sydallex which give nothing, Jade has too many sydallex (I'll talk about one of them later)

I'll talk about a new "Masterpiece" key in the ACT 7 of the revisions too.

Joh

Base Joh
Limited time manip should be change to "limited time stop".

Limited 4th Wall breaking: Here Also do it another time by refusing a command, however I didn't find it yet.

Flight via Rocket Pack: Pshooooo.

Hacking: Not good by Homestuck standard, but still good.

Summoning (only for his base): Can summon Nannasprite with his pendant . However he lost it (like every others kids) before being a GT.

Healing (with the hellacious blue phlegm aneurysm gushers): Stated here , also show during the second game on LOWAS.

Limited Wind Manipulation for his base: However he don't control it perfectly.

God Tier Joh
I'll not make the difference between "initial" and "mastered" god tier, since the initial key is all wrong and pretty sure being able to do perfect telekinesis via wind is already having mastered most of his abilities. The key shoud be merged in just "God Tier".

"Immortality type (1, 4, 8; can only die from a heroic or just death)" Same as before except the summoning.

Protected from smell-based detection: Thanks the Breeze.

Very limited creation: Ridiculous Hat

Also the Breeze is independent, it should be noted on his profile.

Recton Joh
Same as before except the summoning.

Some for of Plot Manipulation: It's the base of his recton powers.

Power Nullification: Break the spell which was on his planet.

Reality Warping and Plot Manipulation: Remove reality-glitches (which also affect the narration itself) , he said it's via god tier powers.

Even better teleportation and BFR: His teleportation not only accross time and space, but accross the plot itself. He can litteraly BFR you into a panel (even if the next panel show the same place, you will not be on it).

Causality Manipulation: His power allows him to "rewrite causality", which is different from just changing the past, since Paradox Clones aren't affected by this nor a majority of the characters.

Resistance to Law Manipulation, some kind of Information Manipulation, Memory Manipulation and Reality Warping: Unaffected by the glitches in reality, which warp the "information of reality" and make forgot events. Outside of the reality and laws/rules of Homestuck.

Possibly Fate Manipulation: The last link said that he can change "things that aren't supposed to change", which looks like changing a constant or an immutable thing.

Resistance to Plot Manipulation too: "Unstuck in canon" , since his power affect the plot itself and thathe can teleport things outside of cano (maybe giving them some kind of resistance too) he should have this. Also the glitches affected even narrative itself.

Dave

Base Dave
Limited telepathy: with the Dark Gods.

Afterimage Creation: The strife with his Bro, the round 2.

4th Wall Breaking: Possess his own blog, webcomic,twitter account. Also know about the "be the other guy" command and talk about it (choose "be dave") Cut this too .

Summoning of alternate self and time travel should be moved to his base.But only with time-table.

Limited Flight with Unreal Air: here.

Limited Ice Manipulation with the Snoop Dog Snow Con Machete: Yeah dog .

Summoning (only for his base): Can summon Davesprite with his pendant. However he lost it (like every others kids) before being a GT.

Likely Time Manipulation: Possess all of his fraymotifs.

God Tier Dave
Same as before except the summoning

"Immortality type (1, 4, 8; can only die from a heroic or just death)"

Time Stop: [http:// https://youtu.be/Y5wYN6rB_Rg?t=5m56s Here.]

Extrasensory Perception:Can sense things that shouldn't happens aka time travel in general.

His time travel not need time-tables anymore and can just be normal teleportation too.

Possibly Invulnerability bypassing/negation and Immortality/Regenerationn bypassing/negation with the legendary piece of shit aka Caledfwlch: It's a sword make to inflict damage to Lord like all cueball artefact . Caliborn also said that it was "a poison to his invincibility" . It can't be via power, since the Daves litteraly make fun of it being shittier than Caledscratch and Snoop sword.

Also his fraymotifs with terezi should be mentionned.

Rose

Base Rose
Seriously, she doesn't even have a "Superhuman Physical Characteristics" and "Weapon Mastery (Needle) Limited 4th Wall Breaking: This.

Limited Telepathy: With the Dark Gods.

Limited Poison Manip (with godstopwiththistoolongnameIdon'twanttowritethem): Here.

Sleep Manipulation (Magic ball of yarn): Here.

Magnetic Manipulation (Magnetic Wodka):Hi

Summoning (only for her base): Can summon Jaspersprite. However she lost it (like every others kids) before being a GT.

Energy Projection: Hey.

Fire Manipulation: Pchoo

Flight with magic: Hoi

Teleportation: Huh

Telekinesis: Ha

Clairvoyance with Crystal Ball: Hou

Information/Data manip + Sealing: Huuuu+ Haaaa

Low Multiversal to Multivers+ range and Explosion Manipulation: Boom.

X-Ray Vision: Yeah .

Grimdark Rose
Same as before except the summoning

Weather Manip: Here and here.

Some form of creation (?): Thorns.

Resistance to Precognition: Same as a Void Player.

God Tier Rose
Same as before except the summoning and Grimdark

Strangely, most of this is fine even if the profile is still bad.

"Immortality type (1, 4, 8; can only die from a heroic or just death)" "Regenerationn (Mid Godly)"

It should be added that her teleportation also work on objects.

Light Manipulation: Here.

Jade

Base Jade
Limited 4th Wall Breaking:This. Summoning (only for her base): Even if she didn't show being able of it, she should be able to summon Jadesprite.

Enhanced Precision: Mary Sue.

Limited Creation-based Conceptual Manip: Conceptual-based sydallex? I take it.

Clairvoyance with junior compu-sooth spectagoggles: Here.Give also some informations like "how many dave there is"

Boost in strenght and Flight with Iron Lass Suit: Sorry i didn't found the exact pages for now.

Resistance to Radioactivity: Irradied steak isn't a big deal.

God Tier Jade
"Regenerationn (Mid-Godly)"

All of Becquerel's ones.

Telekinesis: Yeah. Energy Projection: Here.

It's likely the longest one of this series of CRT, god the next one will be more simple to do.

1. It's clear that there was a difference between John right after achieving God-Tier and two years later, merging keys doesn't seem right.
  2. The spell was going to break when John played the right song, is not an ability that he has.
  3. The Dark Gods thing seems to fit better in Clairvoyance than Telepathy.
  4. Pretty sure the Caledfwlch being able to negate English's immortality is a weakness he has, not a power of the sword itself.
  5. The thing with the pendants in Homestuck is that they are given by the sprites once the player reaches certain undetermined level, and Jadesprite was absent during most of Jade's adventure, so Jade having summoning is kinda unlikely.
Otherwise, cool.

1. The only real difference is John fighting Bec and being more experienced, but the "initial GT" already have nearly have of his abilities. The only new thing is intangibility in fact, which is already explained by John.

2. The consorts said that it was a power of the Breeze in the LOWAS game.

3. They can't really see them, the gods just talk to them.

4. Caledscratch would have been able to kill Lord if it was a weakness for object with cueball more than an ability of them.

5. Likely right, Jadesprite is the only one who didn't give her a pendant after all.

I read somewhere that Bec wasn't powered by the Green Sun when he fought with John, if this is true, it would mean that John's High 3-A rating is incorrect.

I also wanted to talk about the contradiction of the Guardians' tiers, right now they are Low 2-C because they are powered by the Green Sun, which was created with the dead of two Universe frogs... which are 2-A? Why is the Green Sun so much weaker than the things it took to create it?

Bec was powered by the Green Sun, but couldn't teleport because he was outside of the Green Sun's reach. We are also going to have an AP revision later

1. The whole Act 5 Act 2 made it very clear than Bec Noir was an impossible boss, it's obvious than there was a vast immprovement in John's overall abilities besides gaining intangibility.
  2. But then the clouds should have gone away once John did the windy thing.
  3. Yes, I'm just saying that the telepathic connection they have with Rose and Dave fits better for Clairvoyance since the only thing they do is give them information.
  4. Pretty sure Dave lost the Caledscratch, since he still had the Broken Royal Deringer.

You're probably right, shortly after "S - Game Over" John told Roxy that when he and Rose fought Bec for the first time, they weren't strong enough to face him, implying they are now.

We are going to have an AP revision yeah. Also I think the statement itself of First Guardian not being able to use their power because of this is quite wrong: they can use them before the creation of the Sun itself, Bec was able to teleport outside of the Genesis Frog and his body can make portal to the Furhest Ring, Jade also use her power when she send the bucket with John and Davesprite while she was outside of it.

1. Since Andrew and the characters stated that they can handle Bec (Aradia, Dave and Rose) just after Cascade, it would be weird for John to be the only "normal GT" to have an evolution time comparable to a Page.

2. Yay, when he tried the first time it didn't success, but he gain abilities which respond to his need so it's quite logical.

3. Clairvoyance is more about seeing things nah?.

4. My bad, I confonded the Royal Deringer and Caledscratch, but it's the same idea in what I said.

If it was stated that they could handle Bec right after ascending to God Tier, then John who ascended long before them shouldn't have two keys, unless you want to have two keys with the same tier but with one extra power (Intangibility).

Hammerspace for sylladex seems like a hyperbole. It doesn't really fit with the trope. Plausible though.

I agree 100% with limited 4th wall breaking. Epilogue confirms this, as rose undertstands what is "canon"

Base John Revisions seem ok. God tier John doesn't need creation if it's so limited. It can't be used offensively (Unless he floods his enemies in a pile of particuarally silly looking hats.) Retcon John: I don't really understand the whole causality thing but it seems to check out. Where does it mention that the glitches mess with the information of reality? What you linked has no relevance other than "Look John can get rid of them" Every thing else about John checks out

Rose: Tried calling attention to her shitty profile years ago. nothing happened. Everything seems to check out. The whole giant ass range for explosions seems like a outlier and used for a gag though. Grimdark Rose: Checks out God Tier Rose: Checks out as well.

( I know I'm doing it out of order I was just excited to talk about Rose) Dave: He cant communicate with the dark gods? Either way it's so minor it wouldn't be added. Everything checks out besides that God Tier Dave: Extrasensory Perception is weird. but I'll give it to you. Also: his invulnerability negation is exclusively for caliborn. as it was stated somewhere (I can't remember) that the sword was basically L.E's weakness. We've never heard mention of it negating invulnerability outside of that. Also Also: Since most V.S fights are 1v1 I'd mention with the fraymotifs with terezi that it only works if the two of them are together.

Jade as a whole checks out.

Overall: I agree with most of what you said. It was well structured. I'm planning on making my own revisions thread for some other characters. I can post a draft here if you'd like. Anyway: Happy 4-13 Homestuck fans!

Overall: I agree with most of what you said. It was well structured. I'm planning on making my own revisions thread for some other characters. I can post a draft here if you'd like. Anyway: Happy 4-13 Homestuck fans!

I made revisions of every character of MSPA actually, can you give your opinion about the others thread?

Back