• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hollow Knight General Discussion thread - Hallownest awakens

So, since my track record with feats isn't the greatest, I'll do what I think I'm pretty decent at: proposing Powers And Abilities:

Firstly, this thread gives explanations and scans for a number of abilities, but I'll briefly sum it all up here:

-For Warrior Dreams:
•Inorganic Physiology, Light Manipulation, and Incorporeality (Type 1. Can manipulate and is comprised of Essence, which is fragmented light.)

Non-Physical Interaction and Extrasensory Perception (Can see and interact with Essence.)

Invisibility and Intangibility (Essence beings cannot be seen or interacted with without the Dream Nail.)

Immortality (Types 1 and 7. Dreams are endless, and Spirits remain in the state they take without aging. The Dream versions of waking bosses are eternally in their idealized state. Spirits are the lingering memories of bugs.)

Abstract Existence and Limited Memory Manipulation (Type 1. Essence makes up memories, thoughts, regrets, and dreams, including the Dream Realm as a whole. The Spirits in the Spirits' Glade being destroyed by The Knight causes Revek to lose his memories of them.)

•Teleportation and Flight (All Warrior Dreams can teleport and float.)

•Body Control (Can reform themselves from splitting into Essence particles.)

•Limited Resistance To Deconstruction and Absorption (Can only be destroyed and absorbed by the Dream Nail after being defeated, whereas most Spirits can be destroyed and absorbed by the Dream Nail at any point.)

-For Dream Bosses:
•Inorganic Physiology, Light Manipulation, and Incorporeality (Type 1. Can manipulate and is comprised of Essence, which is fragmented light.)

Non-Physical Interaction and Extrasensory Perception (Can see and interact with Essence.)

Invisibility and Intangibility (Essence beings cannot be seen or interacted with without the Dream Nail.)

Immortality (Types 1 and 7. Dreams are endless, and Spirits remain in the state they take without aging. The Dream versions of waking bosses are eternally in their idealized state. Spirits are the lingering memories of bugs.)

Abstract Existence and Limited Memory Manipulation (Type 1. Essence makes up memories, thoughts, regrets, and dreams, including the Dream Realm as a whole. The Spirits in the Spirits' Glade being destroyed by The Knight causes Revek to lose his memories of them.)

•Immortality (Type 4. Will reappear in their dream even if they were previously destroyed. Only for Grey Prince Zote and White Defender.)

•Immortality (Type 8. Reliant on the existence of their waking selves' dreams. Only for White Defender and Nightmare King Grimm.)

-For Godhome Bosses:

Immortality (Types 1, 4, and 7. Dreams are endless, and Spirits remain in the state they take without aging. The Dream versions of waking bosses are eternally in their idealized state. Spirits are the lingering memories of bugs. Can be endlessly rechallenged.)

Creation and Reality Warping (Of their arenas.)

-Miscellaneous:

•Summoning (Can summon another bug that is the same species as itself. Only for Vengefly King, Gruz Mother, and possibly Soul Warrior and Brooding Mawlek.)

•Transformation, Summoning, and Flight (Into and as Winged Nosk. Only for Nosk.)

So, those are the abilities proposed in that thread. However, I'd also like to suggest a few more widespread abilities:

•Attack Reflection and Status Effect Inducement ([Should be comparable to The Knight, who] can reflect solid projectiles and stagger enemies by striking them with their nail. Only for The Knight, Hollow Knight, Broken Vessel, Nailmaster Oro, Nailmaster Mato, Great Nailsage Sly, Soul Warrior, Hive Knight, Quirrel, and Watcher Knights, as well as possibly Hornet, God Tamer, and Mantis Lords for having nail-like weapons.)

•Poison Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Corrosion Inducement, and Adhesive Manipulation (The liquid Infection is stated to be venomous, toxic, acidic, burning, and sticky. Only applies to Hollow Knight, Broken Vessel, Brooding Mawlek, God Tamer, Nosk, Oblobbles, Aspids, Volatile Gruzzer, and Waking World Radiance.)

•Enhanced Senses (Can see in Deepnest. Only applies to Hornet, Nosk, Dirtcarvers, and possibly Quirrel and Zote.)

I have a lot more specific abilities, but this is a lot as is, so I'd like to know what you all think about these.
These seem pretty decent at first glance ngl

These seem pretty decent at first glance ngl
This is *probably gonna be the easiest stuff I've got planned lmao. Eventually, I'd like to make a shopkeeper key for Sly, rework Pure Vessel's key, separate Oro & Mato, add a nailmaster key for Sheo, and add every other boss, among other things.

Last edited:
Back