• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hollow knight CRT/request

So here's the deal.
This is the calc we're using.

This is the calc with pixel scaling and the og numbers that got recalced

My problem is
1. I don't see density of material in those calcs (cause i ain't good at calcs)
2. I have an issue with False knight being 9-B for breaking a 12x4x4 (cm) rock. I'm pretty sure that is something a pro-athlete can do so at best 9-C visually.

All i request is a re-evaluation and perhaps suggestions of other feats that can be explored. Maybe even KE calcs.

I still don’t see why we treat the hollow knight main character as being normal bug size when he’s nothing like a normal bug. Like in a show with humanoid animal people last I checked we only treat them small if it is shown (like spongebob). Here the only thing he ever runs into that could be realistic enough to assume height is grass, but that grass could just be very big.

I still don’t see why we treat the hollow knight main character as being normal bug size when he’s nothing like a normal bug. Like in a show with humanoid animal people last I checked we only treat them small if it is shown (like spongebob). Here the only thing he ever runs into that could be realistic enough to assume height is grass, but that grass could just be very big.
There was already a thread about this, general consensus was that there's some bugs with more realistic design and that plants are huge everywhere even in dry places, which hints at small size. Plus there's literally nothing that suggests the opposite.

Anyway I do agree the calc is really weird and doesn't feel like it should be 9-B but I could never find anything wrong with it. Value is Vfrag of rock btw.

I’ve found multiple rock breaking feats to be weird myself. I did a calc of breaking a floor and got 8-B results. Jarring as hell, but accurate according to our sites math.

For the size I still think that could mean the plants are just big. You’re a sapient bug man, clearly this world ain’t normal. But if the majority agree they should be small, I don’t necessarily agree, but I’m fine with the ratings.

I’ve found multiple rock breaking feats to be weird myself. I did a calc of breaking a floor and got 8-B results. Jarring as hell, but accurate according to our sites math.
Generally our fragmentation stuff is an approximation, weird results can happen.

Actually speaking of that feat, I don’t think it is evaluated yet and your a calc member, would it be possible for me to link the calc on your wall and see if you could get it evaluated. If not that’s ok.

(Also I won’t derail from now on, this is probably my last post here).

I believe though that the mantis size estimate is heavily low balled as we see multiple large mantises throughout the game and the biggest mantises are way larger than 4cm

I believe though that the mantis size estimate is heavily low balled as we see multiple large mantises throughout the game and the biggest mantises are way larger than 4cm
I mean, yeah it's a lowball but nothing indicates they're bigger, when this kinda stuff is unclear we lowball it. Also it's more consistent with the size of animals like the last stag or marmu

Actually speaking of that feat, I don’t think it is evaluated yet and your a calc member, would it be possible for me to link the calc on your wall and see if you could get it evaluated. If not that’s ok.

(Also I won’t derail from now on, this is probably my last post here).
hhhhhhhhssssssssssssssssssuuure

Mantises vary in size, some being only 2/5th of an inch in size.

I believe using sth like mushrooms would be more reasonable

I still think using mantis size in this size in incorrect as Mantises vary from 1cm to like 17.
Not to mention the calc uses a house pet mantis whilst the mantises in hollow knight are extremely powerful warriors who resist the infection, something a monstrous bug like the Soul Master couldn't resist, meaning that we probably shouldn't equalize them to the most harmless mantises we can find in this world who are grown in a closed enviroment

Again no matter what you choose it's gonna be arbitrary, and I haven't heard any better ideas.

Here's an idea. Take the minimum and the maximum size of mantises, add them, divide them by two. You'll get the average size of a mantis and you could use that.

That probably doesn't reflect the average mantis size. You could use Marmu and compare them to their real life counterpart I suppose, since that's one specific species

Just ask on like twitter how big Hollow Knight is or some shit. It's a eng developed game and Team Cherry has a account, I'm sure if someone asked, they'd give a height. They probably had an approximate size in mind anyway.
That probably doesn't reflect the average mantis size. You could use Marmu and compare them to their real life counterpart I suppose, since that's one specific species
Would be 60mm when grown if it's a puss moth caterpillar.

Hmm maybe we should ask for permission from one of the big guys in the wiki and actually do that. Asking what size is a beloved character is not a leading question, rather it is an average question asked by fans often with countless series having super accurate sizes.

Back