• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

yeah hollow knight,hollow knight,yeah,ok,just read the thread please.

I'm a maniac, I'm sure it can go either very well, yeah¡, or horribly wrong.
but well, with kengan ashura it wasn't so bad, right? but now with this, it will be different,i promise,and no, I will not write well, if that will give me more acceptance to the thread (and it won't).
so, as we already know, the hollow knight verse is just,wall level,but because I was literally traveling the vast world of the internet, so infinitely large, and I was on a Spanish-speaking wiki (oliver will know which one to guess), I was able to find out which one I was on, and I was able to find out which one was on a hablahispana wiki (oliver will know which one).
Ficcion sin limites:
A madman had the wonderful idea to check on hollow knight, and managed to find evidence for hollow knight universal+,so,credit for that person(is alekapl, and I know him very well, because he hates me and loves me,is a hatelove)
but well, the argument goes like this:
radiance is described as a Higher being by the word of god,higher beings are beings that have a light comparable to or superior to the essence.
''Seer: Light similar to Essence, similar to that powerful blade, though much brighter still.Essence... the precious fragments of light that dreams are made of."
and of course,dreams comes from the dream realm,a plane beyond the physical world,these dreams are separate.
''Seer: "But that talisman you now wield, the Dream Nail... it can cut through the veil that separates the waking world from our dreams''
and of course,this is the important part,because,in the same page of the dream realm in the second note,they stated that dreams are endless,but a kingdom is not endless.
which is logical, considering that dreams are something beyond the physical.
but how do the characters scale?
well, as we higher beings know, it has a light comparable or superior to the essence that gives form to dreams that are infinite.
which would make higher beings=>to the essence=shapes dreams of infinite size.
the knight can damage radiance,the lord of shadows can defeat radiance with ease,also he consumes the dream realm,and, obviously, other higher beings will scale.

so in summary, universal+ a low multiversal for hollow knight characters.
note:by the way, it's no use calling me inconsistent or anything like that, because first of all, it's not, and secondly, lore is important, and it's worth more than a one-column calculation that is surpass by lore,so good bye.

I was just thinking about this, wall level feels way too low for what I’ve heard of the hollow knight lore, but I’ll wait for other input since I barely know anything about the game

No no no, 9-B at best. They are bugs size
no matter, there are like literally things with light, and soul, and will, and barriers, and dreams, and mystical things, it's like saying that because kirby is 20 centimeters so he shouldn't be multiversal,you can be multiversal even in the size of quantum size.

no matter, there are like literally things with light, and soul, and will, and barriers, and dreams, and mystical things, it's like saying that because kirby is 20 centimeters so he shouldn't be multiversal,you can be multiversal even in the size of quantum size.
That was clearly a joke

This doesn't mean much of anything for AP. First of all, while I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, I don't think dreams being "endless" translates to size. We know the kingdom being discussed here is probably Hallownest, which as we know, has effectively "ended" because of the infection. So what I think this passage is intended to say is that even if kingdoms fall, dreams and the dream world will always continue to exist, so it's more of a measure of time than a measure of size.

Putting that aside though, there is no reason higher beings would scale to the entire dream world. Their light being greater than essence doesn't mean anything for AP, since that light doesn't translate to destructive or creative capability from what I recall (could be wrong, been a while since I've touched Hollow Knight). At best, this is just concept manipulation. But the bigger issue is that essence is just what makes up the dream world, and isn't the dream world in its entirety. This would be like saying you have a material greater than a brick, so it must therefore be superior to an entire house made of bricks.

I'm sure an actual HK supporter could probably argue against this better than me, though. Sucks, because low 2-C Hollow Knight would be incredibly based.

no matter which verse i comment on, it always wraps back around to dreams eventually, huh

This doesn't mean much of anything for AP. First of all, while I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, I don't think dreams being "endless" translates to size. We know the kingdom being discussed here is probably Hallownest, which as we know, has effectively "ended" because of the infection. So what I think this passage is intended to say is that even if kingdoms fall, dreams and the dream world will always continue to exist, so it's more of a measure of time than a measure of size.

Putting that aside though, there is no reason higher beings would scale to the entire dream world. Their light being greater than essence doesn't mean anything for AP, since that light doesn't translate to destructive or creative capability from what I recall (could be wrong, been a while since I've touched Hollow Knight). At best, this is just concept manipulation. But the bigger issue is that essence is just what makes up the dream world, and isn't the dream world in its entirety. This would be like saying you have a material greater than a brick, so it must therefore be superior to an entire house made of bricks.

I'm sure an actual HK supporter could probably argue against this better than me, though. Sucks, because low 2-C Hollow Knight would be incredibly based.

no matter which verse i comment on, it always wraps back around to dreams eventually, huh

dreams, something beyond the mind,well,only that

Hooo boy this is a thread
butters please get off your alt
Gimme a bit, if no one else wants to debunk this I will unless wasp wants to deal with this but I'm not sure they want to deal with stopping tier 2 hollow knight for dumb reasons again

Edit: I will deal with it

radiance is described as a Higher being by the word of god,higher beings are beings that have a light comparable to or superior to the essence.
''Seer: Light similar to Essence, similar to that powerful blade, though much brighter still.Essence... the precious fragments of light that dreams are made of."
and of course,dreams comes from the dream realm,a plane beyond the physical world,these dreams are separate.
''Seer: "But that talisman you now wield, the Dream Nail... it can cut through the veil that separates the waking world from our dreams''
and of course,this is the important part,because,in the same page of the dream realm in the second note,they stated that dreams are endless,but a kingdom is not endless.
which is logical, considering that dreams are something beyond the physical.
but how do the characters scale?
well, as we higher beings know, it has a light comparable or superior to the essence that gives form to dreams that are infinite.
which would make higher beings=>to the essence=shapes dreams of infinite size.
the knight can damage radiance,the lord of shadows can defeat radiance with ease,also he consumes the dream realm,and, obviously, other higher beings will scale.
Let me break this down
You are saying that since the light of the radiance>essence they would scale beyond the totality of the dream world.
In addition, you are saying that dreams are of infinite size due to a statement from Seer.
So let me explain why this doesn't work
1) Just being beyond the building blocks of something does not make you beyond that thing's totality, that has never been an assumption we made without good evidence from the verse itself, something hollow knight definitely doesn't have, especially in this case.
2)The statement of endless here doesn't actually refer to size, only duration of existence given the context behind the many comparisons between Hallownest/The physical world, and the dream world.
basically what fujiwara said but shhhhhh
I want tier 2 hollow knight too, but this actual butters tier argument is not the way to go about it.

Let me break this down
You are saying that since the light of the radiance>essence they would scale beyond the totality of the dream world.
In addition, you are saying that dreams are of infinite size due to a statement from Seer.
1) Just being beyond the building blocks of something does not make you beyond that thing's totality, that has never been an assumption we made without good evidence from the verse itself, something hollow knight definitely doesn't have, especially in this case.
2)The statement of endless here doesn't actually refer to size, only duration of existence given the context behind the many comparisons between Hallownest/The physical world, and the dream world.
I want tier 2 hollow knight too, but this actual butters tier argument is not the way to go about it.
I think I already said that the scaling is not mine and that it belongs to someone from another wiki where it did work

Let me break this down
Glad I was able to remember enough HK lore to help lol

Back