• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hollow Knight CRT 2 Souletric Boogaloo

Welp, I'm back, hello all.

So for this crt I'll be dealing with SOUL stuff.
I just wanna mention this at the start though, originally this CRT was also supposed to have stuff about SOUL being the mind of bugs too however the Collector came in and cucked me, I am mentioning this cause I just need it to vent at this rate because that is days of work gone down the drain. Though if there is a soul less broken than I, yeah there is evidence out there, maybe I will make a CRT later down the line once Silksong is full out, but not for now

First up, SOUL also being the life force of living beings in Hollow Knight
For Hornet, silk and soul are inseparably bound, her life-force fused with her thread

-Team Cherry Blog Post
And here SOUL is stated to be the thing that animates the bodies of bugs
In my dreams I could see it. The Kingdom's salvation, the cure for the plague... the answer was in the soul that animates our bodies.

-Soul Tyrant defeat dialogue
And though the Mistakes and Follies we can see that the experiments related to SOUL caused the deformation of the body of these bugs
The Unfortunate product of many of the sanctum's failed experiments, these bugs' bodies have been warped and deformed beyond recognition.

-Wanderer's Journal Page 74
So anyone that can manipulate SOUL also gets Life Manipulation as SOUL is also the life force of living beings

Next up are some resistances

Soul Sanctum enemies gain resistance to Mind and Biology Manipulation as they could withstand the infusion of SOUL that came with the Soul Sanctum's Experiments, which caused these
Once a highly intelligent bug, deformed by the misuse of soul.

-Mistake Hunter's Journal Entry
Once a highly intelligent bug, inflated by the misuse of soul.

-Folly Hunter's Journal Entry
These fools meddled with the soul of other creatures and lost their shape. Now they skulk through the shadows of their Sanctum like slugs, hoping their old brothers will build them new bodies.

-Mistake Hunter's Journal Entry
While we can see that the other enemies are not like the, even their dream nail dialogue is more legible

Higher Beings and higher being descendant beings such as the Hollow Knight and Hornet gain resistance to Mind and Biology Manipulation as they are above the Soul Sanctum folk and can focus without any adverse effects as seen with the Knight, Pure Vessel, and Hornet in Silksong while the Soul Sanctum’s experiments ended in failure when they tried to replicate the pure focus they have.
Record Aba

The mind still limits us so.

How to break past its constraints?

To attain a pure focus, is it even possible?

-Soul Sanctum Lore Tablet
Are these bizarre machines used to harvest soul from some bugs and inject it into others? How cruel…

-Wanderer's Journal Page 74
Higher beings, these words are for you alone.
Your great strength marks you amongst us. Focus your soul and you shall achieve feats of which others can only dream.

-Kings Pass Lore Tablet
And lastly limited resistance to Soul and Life absorption for all enemies that don’t already scale to the above resistances as they are seemingly unaffected by the Knight's attacks which drain SOUL.

That should be everything, see you all in part 3 where cover void stuff and lose my mind for the 3rd time in a row.

Okay since apies has stated that they won't be active on vsbw for a while, I have staff and multiple other normal member agreements can this be applied?

K I'm gonna try my best to apply this, gonna be dealing with Soul Sanc and higher being related resistances for not then adding life force stuff to characters to people who manipulate SOUL, and then finally adding the verse-wide limited resistance to SOUL absorption. I would appreciate if other supporters can help with the final part as this is a verse-wide addition

Back