• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hit's Time Skip: A final explanation.

it is being aimed at him, his time/moments would have been taken away, he simply would be able to resist Causality Manip or Time Manip depending on what people want to rate my explanation as

it simply stopping time, at least in the anime, is contradictory to the way his Pocket Dimension works at its core, it is definitely not a good final solution at all as it is as inconsistent, if not more
The "Time Skip" you explained isn't targeted at Goku. Otherwise, Goku would be the only one affected. He is genuinely stealing time away from the timeline itself. Therefore the only ways to counteract this (from my knowledge) is to
1. Move in a space with no time
2. Add the time back somehow

The "Time Skip" you explained isn't targeted at Goku. Otherwise, Goku would be the only one affected. He is genuinely stealing time away from the timeline itself. Therefore the only ways to counteract this (from my knowledge) is to
1. Move in a space with no time
2. Add the time back somehow
no, Goku is part of Space Time, so he is being targeted alongside everything else

The "Time Skip" you explained isn't targeted at Goku. Otherwise, Goku would be the only one affected. He is genuinely stealing time away from the timeline itself.
This is what I was talking about. We see in fact when a single person is being targeted, that being Jiren, which is explicitly the Time Skip used only on him.

This is why I said that Hit is stealing time from the timeline itself.

If Hit is affecting the Space Time and Goku is stopping that, wouldn't that mean he's stopping the effect on everyone? How could he stop it for himself while everyone else gets affected simulteanously?
are you just no aware how resistances work? just because Goku can resist his time/moments getting removed, doesn't mean everyone else has that, when it was considered Time Stop we also considered as him resisting himself and not everyone else despite everyone being affected, this is how resistances work

If Hit is affecting the Space Time and Goku is stopping that, wouldn't that mean he's stopping the effect on everyone? How could he stop it for himself while everyone else gets affected simulteanously?
No. Goku was clearly the only one resisting. It's not like he nulled the TS.

So is Hit's timeskip taking away moments from the timeline while "cutting around" Goku so that he can still move during these times?
He literally takes the time he skips to create his own pocket reality, the end result of those caught inside the skipped time is identical to time being stopped - and when hit killed the mob boss he blatantly stated that time was stopped for them

He literally takes the time he skips to create his own pocket reality, the end result of those caught inside the skipped time is identical to time being stopped - and when hit killed the mob boss he blatantly stated that time was stopped for them
Oh, alright then 🗿

Goku didn't stop the time being skipped, he simply resisted the time stop effect it has which allowed him continue attacking hit
it isn't Time Stop, the resistance to it also wouldn't be Time Stop, altho the effect is similar, it isn't identical to be equalized to it, i will finish redoing the blog to make things clearer so that we can move on, because it just being Time Stop just breaks the Pocket Dimension mechanic

it isn't Time Stop, the resistance to it also wouldn't be Time Stop, altho the effect is similar, it isn't identical to be equalized to it, i will finish redoing the blog to make things clearer so that we can move on, because it just being Time Stop just breaks the Pocket Dimension mechanic
Yeah, but it not being time stop also breaks pre-existing plot moments, the WoG, etc. It physically must be both Stop and Skip, not one or the other.

Yeah, but it not being time stop also breaks pre-existing plot moments, the WoG, etc. It physically must be both Stop and Skip, not one or the other.
which again can't be both at once, cause if Time is Stopped then there is not time flowing, and as such, there is no future for him to travel to

as i said, just wait for me to finish the blog, the ability i have in mind solves the up mentioned issue in a very nice way i would say

which again can't be both at once, cause if Time is Stopped then there is not time flowing, and as such, there is no future for him to travel to
I mean. Mmmm. I dunno what the logic on this is. Like, this makes sense on paper, I guess, but I don’t know how this would at all apply to fictional stories. Especially ones that play so fast and loose with Science/Logic. I mean, Hit was presumably off screen killing people with his time stop-skip throughout the Cell and Black Arcs and yet the world still seemed capable of Time Travel.

And I don’t mean that challengingly-I mean I’m genuinely confused on how this would apply in a way that makes tangible sense, especially since Time Skip is clearly Travel-Stopping.

it isn't Time Stop, the resistance to it also wouldn't be Time Stop, altho the effect is similar, it isn't identical to be equalized to it,
Not this again
i will finish redoing the blog to make things clearer so that we can move on, because it just being Time Stop just breaks the Pocket Dimension mechanic
You "finishing" it doesn't mean it will be accepted or "move on"

He's literally going against every single WoG and statements by hit himself because he apparently knows more

FFS
Hit skips from point A to point B, and the time in-between those two points are moved onto his dimension. People are literally giving more thoughts and explanations than what was shown

Finished it

thank you again @StrymULTRA for allowing me to re-structure your blog's base code to write my explanation of the time skip

although yes, some problems are still present, i think that my conclusion fixes most of the problems, which i think it is as far as we can hope of going with such a mess of an ability

now, i dunno if i should do another thread, it seems excessive to do so, so instead i will wait and see what the staff thinks of my explanation in this thread

Last edited:
Not this again
am i not allowed to disagree with other's conclusions? i don't see the problem here

You "finishing" it doesn't mean it will be accepted or "move on"
yeah duh, it is to give a new perspective and explanation so that we can get a clearer picture

He's literally going against every single WoG and statements by hit himself because he apparently knows more
huuuuuh, no? i am presenting the problems i am seeing with the interpretation being given by you, which i believe contradicts a major ability Hit has that is dependent on his Time Skip not stopping time, it is ok to think that you are right, but to disregard other's points without even wanting to listen to their entire argument seems a little much

Finished it
My only complain is that you could have worded this particular part:

showing a weird inconsistency where he seemingly stop time in certain moments, and clearly doesn't in other moments.

in this:

showing a weird inconsistency where he seemingly stop time in certain moments, and clearly doesn't in other moments (such as this).

We wouldn't want to hide evidence after all. Plus you should prolly explain why you didn't include the manga version.

Plus there are places where you didn't use the space bar.

My only complain is that you could have worded this particular part:

showing a weird inconsistency where he seemingly stop time in certain moments, and clearly doesn't in other moments.

in this:

showing a weird inconsistency where he seemingly stop time in certain moments, and clearly doesn't in other moments (such as this).

We wouldn't want to hide evidence after all. Plus you should prolly explain why you didn't include the manga version.

Plus there are places where you didn't use the space bar.
thank you for the suggestions i added them, what do you think of my conclusions regarding what Time Skip does?

Also forgot.

and another moment is here where Goku straight up reacts to the attacks Hit is trowing in the middle of the Time Skip

The scan you're using is from the YT version where it's completely being cut due to Copyright. Here is the complete version.
thank you for the suggestions i added them, what do you think of my conclusions regarding what Time Skip does?
I mean, it clearly manipulates time, so you can't completely rule it out for Causality hax, even if it's very minor in comparison tbh.

Mmmmm. So what I’m getting from this, (correct me if I’m wrong), is Time Skip is being noted as Time Steal. By stealing this time, he skips over it and freezes it, (making it both Time Stop and Pseudo-Time Travel, ala a combination of The World and King Crimson), and then later at some point post U6VU7 learned how to store that Time to create his Dimension (giving him the Tides of Time abilities), and we’re treating the reaction moments Mid Time Skip as mere animation inconsistencies? Do I have that right?

Yeah... not everyone knows what Jojo is so better avoid comparisons with other verses lmao.
Not only that, but King Crimson operates under JoJo's unique laws of fate, time, and gravity. By reading the next ten seconds of the future, Diavolo can analyze his pre-established fate,—like being shot by Aerosmith,—and then remove himself from said fate before moving; the bullets remain,—hitting Rissoto instead,—but Diavolo is now unharmed.

Mmmmm. So what I’m getting from this, (correct me if I’m wrong), is Time Skip is being noted as Time Steal. By stealing this time, he skips over it and freezes it, (making it both Time Stop and Pseudo-Time Travel, ala King Crimson), and then later at some point post U6VU7 learned how to store that Time to create his Dimension (giving him the Tides of Time abilities), and we’re treating the reaction moments Mid Time Skip as mere animation inconsistencies? Do I have that right?
Yes.
Other than the suggestion I just gave above Null's comment, remove anything related to King Crimson. Use instead a irl comparison if you really have to (like video editors, images, etc).
It is not hit who is trying to be king crimson but king crimson trying to be hit
Didn't know a 1995 manga tries to be a 2015 anime.

Okay, I can mostly get on board with that. Though, I do think you should include the moment where Dyspo and Hit calls Tides of Time “Time Skip,” (contradicting Epi. 72 Hit and Goku’s testimonies), for transparency’s sake. Similar to how Strym linked the other piece of evidence to show all our cards and make sure nothing is overlooked.

Edit: Oh! I do also think we should probably put as a Note we’re ignoring the moments Goku reacts Mid-Skip getting punched as an Inconsistency.

Mmmmm. So what I’m getting from this, (correct me if I’m wrong), is Time Skip is being noted as Time Steal. By stealing this time, he skips over it and freezes it, (making it both Time Stop and Pseudo-Time Travel, ala a combination of The World and King Crimson), and then later at some point post U6VU7 learned how to store that Time to create his Dimension (giving him the Tides of Time abilities), and we’re treating the reaction moments Mid Time Skip as mere animation inconsistencies? Do I have that right?
well, it is more likely to say that it isn't "stopping" time in the usual sense, but "stealing it" as you put it, if there is no time to flow, then you can't move, so yeah it kind of practices like a Time Stop, but it works in a different way, as for the Time Travel? eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh, only very vaguely, as he isn't traveling per say, but making it so that the moment he skipped technically "never happened" except for himself and whoever he chooses to tag along

Though, this does then ask the question of Goku’s necessary speed to react to this phenomenon, since it’s clear in some of these cases he’s reacting AFTER Skip has already been used and has been “frozen” in Time, creating a new outlier speed feat, but that’s a whole separate can of woooorms.

By stealing this time, he skips over it and freezes it
Except, that line of thought is a blatant disregard of cause and effect, of reason and result, of language.
(ヴァドス)ヒットの技がなぜ 時とばしと呼ばれるか―ご存じですか?
(シャンパ)時間を止められるからだろ?
(ヴァドス)彼は時間を止めているのではありません正確には 時間を飛んでいるのです
(シャンパ)時間を飛ぶって何?
(ヴァドス)そして ヒットは飛ばした時間をためることができるのです
(シャンパ)だから それ 何?
(ヴァドス)さらに ためた時間で別の空間つまり パラレルワールドをつくり―そこへ自由に移動することができるのです
目には見えても触れることができないのはそのためです

Vados: "Do you know why Hit's technique is called "Time-Skip"?"
Champa: "Is it because he stops time?"
Vados: "To be exact, he isn't stopping time, he is jumping through time."
Champa: "What does 'jumping through time' mean?"
Vados: "And,* Hit is able to accumulate the time he skips."
Champa: "Yes, but what [does that mean]?"
Vados: "Furthermore, he can use that time he saves up to generate separate space,—a "parallel world" of sorts,—in which he can maneuver freely."
Vados (cont.): "That is why he can be seen but cannot be touched."
The definition of そして ("soshite") includes "and; and then; thus; and now; and finally", but, per the words of Kanagawa University, japaneseprofessor.com, jtest4you, George Trombley of FromZero (formerly YesJapan), Hasisi of HiNative, and JLPTsensei, a simple "and" is the most common use case.
"Soshite plays a role of connecting to two sentences."
"This is used to express supplemental information."
"SOSHITE is used as a continuation word ... In other words with SOSHITE you can move on to something new ..."
"On the other hand, そして often implies the second thing happens as a result of the first thing ("and" in English)."
"Here, そして and それから are interchangeable, but それから sounds more like "and after that" while そして sounds more like "and then"."
"Here そして is the natural choice because he passed the exam because he studied seriously. Such reason-result relationships are denoted only by そして."
"soshite, equivalent to "also" or "and", which indicates that the speaker is giving additional information related to the previous sentence"

i.e., Hit skips time -> Hit saves time.
i.e., only after skipping time can Hit save time.
i.e., Hit uses Time-Skip, leaping forward through time, and then he saves the time he skips.
i.e., NOT Hit saves time -> Hit skips time, consequently.
i.e., NOT only after saving time does Hit skip time, consequently.
i.e., NOT Hit saves time, causing him to leap forward through time.

giphy.gif

............sigh Null, i have 2 things to say to you

1 thank you very much for giving information and more context based around the original language, thus allowing us to be more accurate to what the work is portraying

2............well, now i really don't know, it seems that it is said that he is Time Traveling, and then accumulating the Time he didn't experienced due to said travel......which makes us go back to step 0.........

Back