• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Higher Dimensional Bill Downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...No offense intended, but it sounds kinda dumb.

Bill Cipher being a threat to the Multiverse at 2-A is a-ok and all, but him getting a High 1-C tier based on literally a single statement in the book that is self-contradictory when there's 0 feats or things in the series to back that up is another matter entirely.

For one, simple capability to exist in higher dimensions does not instantly qualify one for a higher dimensional tier, which I'd like to adress here.

The thing with the Trilazzx Beta aliens, which are said to be "scared of his power".

It's said they exist in 7 to 11 dimensions at once and because of that have a horrible sense of direction. This in itself contradicts the idea that they fit the criteria of Higher Dimensional Beings that we have here, as they themselves don't have any understanding of navigating in the planes they inhabit.

I'd also like to point out that Gravity Falls does not exclusively use Dimensions in regards to Higher Beings, as in the same book we get someone speaking of the 2-D Dimension but also of Dimension52 which doesn't have anything indicating it to be a higher plane as opposed to just the name of some alternate dimension .

As someone pointed out, to regard someone as having Higher Dimensional Power, we would actually have that person displaying qualitatively superiority to the lower dimensions. This is in the very Tiering System page.

So yeah. Bill himself and the series have 0, nil, none feats that go anywhere close to 7 or 11D dimensions and I've seen stuff more solid and way more reliable than this get dismissed as outlier or not legit in the past due to insufficient evidence.

Why should we accept this? Doesn't really seem to make any sense to me.

Hence I suggest the Tier 1 gets removed from Bill's profile and we leave him at 2-A as that one sounds way more solid and less iffy by comparison, which frankly speaking, seems like one of the most inaccurate ratings we have around at the moment.

Having a horrible sense of direction doesn't mean you lack complete understanding of the dimension itself and thus aren't a higher dimensional being.

Does a human having a horrible sense of direction mean they're not 3-D?

Personally I don't see any issue with his current tier but I wasnt there when this happened so I'll wait to see what others think

@The Everlasting It means they don't even understand the very plane they exist in. I suppose Iihiko Shishime is High 2-A then as he was stated to have power of a higher dimension, ignored everyone elses abilities and also compared their powers to a drawing on a paper?

That's way more solid than this and still far from enough evidence of Higher Dimensional Power.

They have 0 feats or anything at that to back up having qualitative superiority to 3-D or even being superior to beings in the 3-D dimension at that.

Period.

Except that, as pointed out by Matt above, said "higher dimensionality" as you point out is literally coupled as the very reason why they have horrible sense of direction when compared to people who should be infinitely inferior to them and nothing else.

It's presented as way more of a weakness than any kind of superiority over 3D.

Sorry, but It helps at disproving them being anything superior to 3D when they are presented as having horrible sense of direction even by 3D standards who shouldn't even be able to comprehend them or their movement in any manner whatsoever.

And once again, capability to exist in a higher dimension does not instantly mean the being surpasses the other ones by orders of infinity or that they have corresponding power, which not only they have 0 feats or anything in the series to back such level of power, but also can be judged by 3D standards as being comparatively worse in some regards.

Sure it does. It is a weakness that puts them at a disadvantadge over normal humans. I doubt they are even Superhuman.

I guess we should make CW Xy High 2-A because he's 5th Dimensional. Oh wait, he has no feats on a remotely Cosmic Scale. But he actually has Reality Warping and Planet level feats.

These guys have nothing except that they have shitty eyesight.

Well why would someone of a higher dimension be acquainted with or very knowing on how to move around lower dimension? Like a human most likely wouldn't be able to understand where they're going if suddenly placed within the 1st dimension or something?

Also wasn't one of the points also that regardless of those aliens' power themselves, they prove that the Gravity Falls multiverse/cosmology has 11 dimensions, which Bill was going to be a threat towards? Time Baby even said Bill's interference was going to destroy all of existence with the multiverse blowing up being used as visual.

I mean, there are various beings who are said to be Higher-Dimensional but have 0 feats in that scale, so they get either downgraded or have their pages deleted until they display feats on that scale (CW Mxy for example)

How The Aliens are any different? They died to a ship crash if i recall correctly, and their technology doesn't seem to be all that advanced to 11-D beings

@Ryu If we go that "they are a threat to the Multiverse" and instantly assume that to go up to the 11th Dimension, there are a bunch of Characters which go all the way to Tier 1 for their Multiverse running on String Theory, having some similar statement and nothing else.

It's not something like "the series runs on String Theory". It's that it has been explicitly stated that the Gravity Falls multiverse/existence is 11th dimensional, which is what his rating is supposed to be based off in the first place. The fact that he's a threat to the multiverse/existence.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Speaking of High 1-C Bill, where was it said that the aliens are afraid of him? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but I to this day still haven't found this scan.
Neither did I. Just got that from the profile but I suppose at least that they are afraid is probably legit seeing how they aren't even anything special or these super ultimate beings some people are regarding them as for no reason.

It's never said that Bill would destroy an 11-D Multiverse either, dunno where people are getting that from.

It's said he's a threat to the Multiverse, so why do we instantly assume that to be up to the 11th dimension when there's 0 feats or anything to suggest that level of Power? For all we know they're referring to the 2-A scale stuff.

I know that movement is more complex within higher dimensions, however I highly doubt that a higher dimensional entity that is used to that existence would be easily acquainted with lower dimensions.

I do agree however that simply being higher dimensional with no feats or suggestions of vastly superior power shouldn't immediately indicate such massive upgrades. Contrary to how I used the think long ago in the past.

So I'd be fine with those aliens' profile being deleted. And if people don't think just we can scale from him being able to destroy the entire multiverse/existence which is 11th dimensional, then he goes down to 2-A.

I'd like to point out that certain lower people in SMT would likely get an easy pass to Tier 1 via that logic too.

Except Gravity Falls doesn't have multiple definitions of what a multiverse is like those other verses, and we are talking about a character who has also been stated able to "destroy all of existence" not just the multiverse.

But if people don't want to scale to that, especially for Saikou's reasons, I'm fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back