• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Low-Balls

@Burning Full Fingers Okay let me try to elaborate

"Altering the world map" can be as good as removing a specific huge terrain that used to be on the spot. Say for this case, Trihexa was wiping out forests, lakes, and mountains through it's fire breath. In the aftermath, said forests, lakes, and mountains that's supposed to be there were gone and became a barren land or some of the mountains' shapes were altered from the blast depending on how much was affected. The "altering the world map" part here would be that the forests, lakes, and mountains were not there anymore like it used to be and it's just going to be something like a barren land or may have some mountains that have different shapes due to how affected it was. It doesn't necessarily mean that it have to go on a country scale for it to be considered as " altering the world map." Even taking out portion of the mountain range can be considered as "altering the world map."

Also, completely wiping out an island can be considered as "altering the world map" due to how it's basically removing a geographical landscape that supposed to be there for the current world map.

There's also the problem about Trihexa's location where it was destroying forests, lakes, and mountains as well so we cannot easily assume that it's actually trying to destroy bigger mountain ranges that's only located on specific parts of Europe. Check this map for elevations in Europe.

Besides, destroying forests, lakes, and mountains at the same time is already big as it is to warrant "altering the world map" description.

We also have to take into account that Ishibumi could be dramatizing what's going on on top of not giving us a good clue about it's size.

This same goes for the Loki statement in regards to "carve and repaint the world map" when shaving a chunk of land in a country is already considered as changing the geographical landscape, which what "carve and repaint the world map" may meant due to how the shape of the coastal area of the country may be changed if the shot was successful.

At the moment, for a single head of Trihexa, maybe he can at least be powerscaled to True DxD Issei at least since it was used to be powerscaled before the recent tier changes (aka at least Low 6-B likely higher). For full powered god tiers, Unknown would still be the safest bet.

In regards to country level maous, was this based on Serafall statement again? Wasn't it also rejected before due to how it's unknown what glittering may entailed?

Oh, I see. About the size, I was looking at the smallest mountain ranges in Europe according to Wikipedia.

The bodies are just above God-class, and the core couldn't actually do anything to Ise and Sirzechs, similarly to Rizevim. I think we should leave it as it is.

I personally don't agree with Low 6-B Maou-class. We've talked about it several times.

Yeah, that map changing statement is quite vague. Here's another one for Serafall from Vol 15:

Kaichou continued after breathing out.

"Perhaps those magicians may come to assault my sister at the audition hall so we have to guard her. Though I don't think my sister would be defeated that easily even if she was assaulted. However, she may cause serious damage to the human world by going wild, so we have the duty to keep her down in order to prevent that from happening."

T-That's certainly true…… If she tries, this person can destroy a whole island with a single shot of her demonic power! It would be a serious problem if the person who is in charge of diplomatic matters changes the map of the human world.

Leviathan-sama got teary-eyed due to her devoted sister, so she hugged Kaichou.

So, I'll also agree with Unknown being much safer pending the arrival of ExE.

As for the speed, I'm leaning towards disagreeing tbh. I can see where the arguments come from but I've honestly always seen the light speed statements as hyperbolic in nature.

her full power is on a far greater degree , as for Trihexa he is obviously leagues more powerful than serafall so he must obviously be above country class

for example now if Lavinia sacred gear at maximum range is said to be able to lock a country in ice and its comparable to other longinus though not high-tier ones , then obviously issei diabolos dragon god mode should vastly outclass that since its described on being on a different league from the normal juggernaut drive which may have surpassed Lavinia in power

and a high tier is incredibly powerful such as nereid kyrie which can control the oceans of the world and that's saying 70% of the world

Well, everyone following this thread would like significant upgrades. We just can't do it based on vague things. I would even like for the ExE guys to destroy countries or a large portion of the planet to create a base for their operations when they invade. They would not care about exposing the existence of the supernatural to normal humans, as just about everyone in the DxD world does.

Anyway, I will add the mecha Fenrir to Loki's page and the Typhon armour to Azazel's later.

@Burning Full Fingers I agree about keeping the tier for single head Trihexa as it is for now

In regards to Serafall, while the statement regarding her being capable of destroying a country may be technically correct, one must take into account in what fashion will it be done or does she have an attack that yields an energy that's equivalent to a country level attack. Problem with just giving her Low 6-B to 6-B tier just based on the statement alone is that it disregard if the context actually meant that said character will actually do it on one shot or it's just referring to her doing it over time.

In terms of "going wild" statement, this kind of statements is similar to something like "going all out" statements.

The statement regarding being able to one shot island is one of the more concrete statements she has in terms of describing her potency, which make it much more safer to keep her at 6-C as of now.

Given how the Serafall Island level stament is even stated to change the world map, there's another reason as to why we can't easily jump to conclusion on tiers if the attack is only described something similar to "change the world map" statements if the size is vague, (which is what this thread is trying to propose: upgrade based on "change the world map" statements)

This is for everyone...
While I'm still at it, I think I need to elaborate on some things since the country level maou somehow is still being talked about

Destroying something statements

As people may know by now, there are statements for characters that are capable of destroying some things like a region, country, continent, world, etc. but some may be wondering why the characters with said statements are not being granted by said tier and such easily and some got downgraded before (like the used to be 6-B DxD before the calcs).

The answer to this: additional context and/or supporting feats behind the statement

While said destroying something statements for the characters can be technically correct, one must take into account in what way would they do it.

Here's an analogy you guys can think about if this is still confuses people:

Say that a human with a sledgehammer is stated that he's capable of destroying a house. One must take additional context and/or supporting feats into account to determine how powerful is this said human based on this statement.

Here are some example various scenarios:

1. The statement was said but there were no supporting feats and powerscale provided in the series, and additional context behind the statement so far and said character is featless so far.

It's better to not jump to conclusion that said human is "house level."

2. Said human in the series has only shown that he's capable of breaking cars but it takes him couple of hits to completely destroy it.

It'll be better to not assume that said human is "house level" due to said feat gives the context that said characer may be able to do it over time instead. Given the context, character should be rated based on his feat of destroying the car instead

3. Said human in the series has shown a feat on par with destruction enough to destroy the house

It's safe to rate the character based on the statement. However, if the shown feat may yield greater level of power, the character should be rated based on the feat itself.

4. Said character's swing yields an energy that's on par with the said destruction.

It's safe to assume that the character is "house level".

5. Said human in question that the statement is talking about haven't shown similar feat but his attacks can take on another character that has shown similar feat that was done in one swing.

It's safe to assume that the character is "house level" but this time it's in a powerscaling case.

6. Said human have a technique and it's stated that it will destroy the house.

It can be safe to assume that said technique is "House level"

7. Characters in the series are capable of such level of feat in one swing are on par with said human in the statement in terms of potency.

It can be safe to assume that said characer is "House level".

Sure there are also outliers to take into account but this is more likely analyzed on a case-by-case basis, which is another topic.

The point here is that the statement about a human with a sledgehammer is stated that he's capable of destroying a house can be technically correct but if we jump to conclusion that said human is "house level" based on the statement alone without other supplementary context to back it up is where it can cause problems to the ratings and analysis on the charater.

May not be the best example used but I hope I got the point across.

I know that this entire post is nearly similar to one of the posts in one of the hyperbole threads or the statements section but I think I need to bring this up despite nearly having similar nature to said post since there are still some that still try to attempt an upgrade based on statements but not backed up by the context if it's going to be done in an attack, if it's overtime, or backed up by powerscaling to characters that can do either similar feats or can yield equivalent energy.

So far, Vali being lighspeed is being accepted. God Tiers being High 6-A is being rejected, but we have other feats to possibly scale them to so we need to calc them.

Anyway, in terms of Vali's speed, one mentions about it's consistency and frequeency earlier.

First things first, one must remember that the lightspeed Vali statements were coming from Issei and Kiba (Volume 6) and the last time they have his speed described as "speed of light" was at volume 7. Later volumes have it described as "high speed" instead. Also, the lightspeed statement was rejected in the past due to how it was deemed as hyperbole.

However, this time, the upgrade is proposed with Crocell light reaction feat in mind.

Anyway, will still remain neutral in this

Back