• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High End vs Todoroki Round 2 (Grace)

High End's AP and Durability: 42 tons

Shouto's AP: 7.8 tons with his flames, 97 tons with ice, 2 kilotons with Heaven Piercing Ice Wall, 1.07 ton durability

Starting distance is 40 meters.

Speed is equal.

Victory by KO

Battlefield is an open field

Shouto Todoroki: 2 (CaptainFinnigan, Bob8999)

High-End: 6 (ElixirBlue, Ionliosite, sora and buff riku, KingEzran, Jinx666, StrongClick)

Inconclusive:

I'm voting for High End. Shoto does have the ice but he doesn't have a permit way of ending High End's Regen. Unless i'm wrong and he does.

i thought high-end could only regen aslong as it had its head, cant shouto just destroy it's head to win?

heaven piercing ice wall should do the trick. or just his ice in general actually as high-ends AP (which his dura should scale to.) is 47 tons and todoroki's ice is 97 tons.

I mean...If High-End can give Endeavor trouble, what chance does Todoroki have?

Sure, he has a similar vaporisation move, but isn't his less developed? Plus High-End has stored Noumu's he can summon to fight, as well as ranged options and flight.

plus here (unlike in his fight with endeavor.) speed is equal and todoroki (unlike his father.) has ice and fire which gives him more options.

I'd imagine High-End would survive a Low 7-C attack, so long as he isn't completely vaporized. That was the tricky part about High-end, he could regenerate instantly from the cellular level.

The Noumu were used as distractions, but theres nothing saying that if he was backed in a corner he would release them. And the flight isn't going to be easy for Todoroki either, his durability should be much weaker than Endeavor.

And he's smart enough to know the head requires protection, like he did to rip it off and avoid being destroyed. Other than that, High-End can survive anything Todoroki throws at him. The Low 7-C is only energy input anyway, and he's limited with his giant ice attacks, so would it really be able to bypass anyway? Bakugo could break his ice down with quick consecutive blasts to avoid being damaged, and Sero wasn't exactly damaged even though it was stated a reckless attack from Todoroki.

Meanwhile todoroki doesn't start off with that knowledge, and unlike Endeavor, is unlikely to last as long with his weaker durability.

So yeah, im voting High-End

The ability to fly helps. Shoulder jets would produce heat and provide fairly easy momentum to break out too if need be. Stain could dodge this ice too rather easily so its not like its impossible to avoid incap

High-End is a smart opponent too. With the power to overwhelm, outlast, regenerate, and quickly take out, he pretty much takes this imo. Todoroki starts off with no useful knowledge and is not as analytical or durable as the number one hero

They do since...they're jets. Jets work on combustion.

Stain was faster, but also manouverable when he dodhed, something High End is regarded as during his fight with endeavor. Or he has just jang back and let his arms quirk destroy ice from afar.

High-End isn't weaker physically, Todoroki's ice is an energy output more than a striking power, so if it cant oneshot Sero, or he can safely use it against people via combat training, then i doubt it going to finish off the Noumu pretty much being able to win against Endeavor solo, and the one with cellular regeneracy and a degree of intelligence. All High-End needs is one shot and he has multiple ways of doing so

A jet of air or water doesn't require combustion

High End isn't faster than Todoroki in this scenario Stain was faster than Shouto in their fight.

If Todoroki has no win con then we conclude this as a stomp

Its not a jet of air or water though. Its an actual jet, used for flight. The only sort of jet that allows flight like that is combution, burning fuel, similar to a jetpack. It would create heat.

Speed =/= Agility. High-End has shown strong flying capabilities, and has the ability to direct his flight and control it at will using his arms. Todoroki can't make anything technical or advanced, so his shots would only be able to go in one directin, and even then they have their heights and peaks. Not to mention Todoroki having cooldown periods so he doesn't overdo himself. From there, its just High End finishing him. The point here is, High-End is going to be more than capable avoiding incap

I wouldn't say its a stomp either since Todoroki would have some win cons. I mean, thats what you're arguing for right? Maybe if he uses flash fire maybe and vaporizes the head, which he wouldn't think to do seeing as he knows nothing of High-End. It took endeavor a while to vaporize him and hes far more analytical. Either way, High-End takes it the majority amount of times, and laid waste to Endeavor, who is notably much stronger in every way apart from the ice factor than Todoroki.

Jinx666 said:
Its not a jet of air or water though. Its an actual jet, used for flight. The only sort of jet that allows flight like that is combution, burning fuel, similar to a jetpack. It would create heat.
You are somehow assuming logic or science would be applicable to this being that had a gant brain exposed to the air with no problems, heals despite being mortally injured without any scientific way either of that is possible or that he can store other beings inside himself without any problems at all despite that violating science as well, btw, google Water Jetpack, there are methods to push people into the air with water-pressure alone, not really practical but there are methods.

Sigh

Shoulder Jets

Heres the panel of High End flying. now thats very clearly not water since water would be pushed through, and it wouldn't be that flashy or visible (as we can tell from the difference in colour) to be an air jet. And Quirks do in fact take from real life scientific applications, as many quirks have shown, so its not exactly rocket science (ha) to base it. If its not a water jet, and its not an air jet, what other Jet i wonder could this quirk use as its basis? Perhaps the most common one being the use of fuel burn? It makes sense from a body perspective too since quirks tend to rely on the energy of their user, a.k.a from consumption like food. Chemical energy transfers to Thermal

This is just like Iida's quirk, which is a fuel based combustion engine, except it doesn't look to be mechanical based (And therefore, Todoroki cant really stall it), and its on the shoulders.

> And Quirks do in fact take from real life scientific applications, as many quirks have shown, so its not exactly rocket science

Just because its talking about some vague scientific stuff doesnt mean at all you can now apply scientific effects as you please. The mangaka himself even made a guy who in-story stated that photons go through him but he is still visible which is complete nonsense. So where is the real science behind that?

Tl;dr quirks are magic/super powers.

> which is a fuel based combustion engine

Yeah and you know what the fuel is? Orange juice. So why cant highends fuel be the power of love or hate? answer: it can, its just that you want it to be fire-based.

Er...well no, they most certainly aren't magic. They're fictional super powers yes, but the point of science hasn't just disappeared from the verse entirely. A lot of quirks (Not the one example you can provide since they can still take liberties as its fiction) do in fact rely on a lot of scientific bases. By you acting as if science isn't at all a factor (Energy transfers like Shoulder jets quirk is based on jets, and is a rather simple topic since its just fuel provides energy), then whats the point of making calcs and basing them off real life laws of physics? That wasn't too long, dont worry. I mean, just look at Momo. Her quirk literally relies on the knowledge of science. Its a concept in MHA, just able to be loose because of fiction, but nothing goes against the classic 'every organism needs an energy source'.

If there was some abnormality to do with High-Ends quirk that needed to be known like you suggest, it would be stated. Otherwise, lets just assume High-End can't breathe because its never been confirmed.

The fuel is probably whatever High-End uses for his supply of energy. I'm guessing food and drink since thats the default, he still has a mouth, so yes, orange juice would count i guess.

Because that would be stated if High-End got his energy through means like this? Much like the many emotion based quirks like Love and Stress. If not, we assume like we always do that unless they're unlimited sustenance, they use consumables. Iida also requires food to use as fuel for his engines, so i have no idea why this wouldn't be similar, this quirk was originally from a human after all.

It not fire based, its just combustion. Thermal energy is what is used within jet engines in order for the fuel to convert into whatever energy source needed, usually kinetic. This is why Jets get hot. They aren't water jets quite obviously, nor do air jets produce a short burst flash of light like the panels suggest. Do you know what does though?

I also don't think this is relevant to argue, since this still doesn't mean Todoroki gets a win.

Back