• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High End vs Todoroki Round 2 (Grace)

He does have win cons, this is what you've all been arguing for the whole thread, and there are arguments like High-End being incapped (since thats still possible). But High-end whoops him in an overall sense.

Don't tell me you just dont want a Todoroki L?

The jets wont produce enough heat to instantly melt all the ice, just prevent him from being incapped completely.

He can use flash fire to vaporise the head. Its the exact same move Endeavor used. But problem is, Todoroki wouldn't know, nor is as analytical to figure it out as quickly. Its still a win-con though.

If his jets prevent him from being incapped totally then he can't be beat since he'd eventually break out and the match continues.

Todoroki hasn't really shown use of flash fire not to mention his maximum flames are most likely comparable to base Endeavour's flames

Incapped long enough for Todoroki to use a finishing move, then yeah.

He has, in the Class 1-A and 1-B arc, where he was physically about to melt Tetsutetsu. He has his Flashfreeze Heatwave too that should be easily non-held back since Todoroki's target is just that of a Noumu. There are wincons.

The heat he used against Tetsutetsu wasn't flashfire as far as I know it was just the max heat he could manifest. Flashfreeze is blunt force and it's unknown in power.

> then whats the point of making calcs and basing them off real life laws of physics?

There is a difference between putting calcs for the stuff chars do in storys and looking for how strong they are for the fun of it and putting ones own interpretation and guesswork into a chars powerset. You say that high-ends jets create heat which has no foundation in the manga aside from you stating that real life jets do that, but this series took liberties on science a lot of times already so insisting it doesnt do it now wont work.

> this quirk was originally from a human after all.

Quirks can all sorts of powers, there is even the power that turns stamina into some sort of spiral energy. Just because its from a human doesnt mean it burns fuel.

> Do you know what does though?

A unknown something. Could be combustion, could be energy from transforming stamina, could be things like koichis power. The important point is, we dont know.

And frankly, this discussion is getting boring, it wont change the outcome anyway so i will not respond to this anymore.

High-end kills todoroki since he can keep up with endeavor, who is a pro hero and from the latest chapters he proved he was faster than them by a ton, so that means todoroki is outmatched by speed anyway.

Its all literally burning things. High-end got vaporized by Prominence Burn, and while i suppose Shouto aint as strong, he was still melting things down. High-End isnt gonna just walk through the fire like its nothing, and if his head gets too close, which he can especally with incogs, then i dont think

Stomps aren't even necessarily no win-cons as long as they work within the APs most of the time. Just because theres a stronger point for one side to win over the other doesnt make it a stomp, especially when Todoroki has Low 7-C ice he could just encase him in. Give Todoroki that L

Todoroki does have a chance at winning though. Its just very very slim.

Hs ice energy output is Low 7-C, but that alone is unlikely to stop High-End completely. He isn't going to brush it off like its nothing either, ice can actually slow his regen since it freezes the cells he relies on to regenerate.

Nomu have previously displayed they can regenerate fro, being frozen and losing limbs.

What is Todoroki's wincon? His 8B attacks wont cut it, his Low 7C isn't actually that strong and everything else is too weak.

@GreatestSin

And because i dont think i should bother trying to get to you, i wont reply to that all, however i will say that its you assuming that High-End is using some other form of energy to try and dismantle the fact of his jets producing heats, when they're literally based off of combustion jets mounted into shoulders. A lot of quirks are based off these sorts of things too. Like Engine, again.

@jinx

One last time: quirks can be anything. Just because some have that kind of combustion doesnt mean some other quirk will, you cant just put your impression of how a power works into a chars powerset.

> High-End isnt gonna just walk through the fire like its nothing, and if his head gets too close, which he can especally with incogs, then i dont think

There wont be any fire in the first place. Endeavor was a lot faster than shouto, and highend kept up with endeavor, so by very simple scaling that means highend would just blitz shouto easily.

Quirks can be anythng, but unless otherwise stated or shown, they still obey the laws of Physics, and are based, like this quirk, on real life mechanisms. How would it be an impression when its literally based on combustion jets and not stated to rely on another fuel source. Even so, that wouldt deny there would be Thermal energy within the jets, because thats the biproduct.

Speed-Equalised.

@Jinx

Forgot the speed equal part, highend still has better healing/stamina and power.

> Quirks can be anythng, but unless otherwise stated or shown, they still obey the laws of Physics

Was this a thing? Can a mod confirm that this is the accepted way quirks/powers are handled around here?

> How would it be an impression when its literally based on combustion jets

Its based on jets, you just put in combustion and say its the only source that makes sense despite the fact that it could just be a unknown energy, and we dont know if that energy-release creates heat.

Its not up to the mods to decide, its up to Horikoshi

There a quirks that can go against scientific laws, however its still based on a world like ours, and includes scientific principles. Only now, there are exceptions. Again, Momo's quirk is pretty much existant and proves my point, a smilar based quirk in Engine works the exact way a car engine would, which requires combustion from the fuel in Iida's energy sources.

The main point is, you cant say, when this is how quirks like Engine operate, that, unless otherwise stated, the only way a quirk is powered is through the users energy. People in MHA still require sustenance unless its based off a quirk, which from food, water whatever, gives them that energy. Therefore, High-Ends quirk and his shoulder jets as a part of his body, require that of a fuel source, and much like the mutant quirk it is, similar to engine, thats most definitely coming from the use of energy. If Horikoshi wanted us to note how the quirk works, he would have told us, but other than that we can make safe assumptions based off what we know about mutant quirks like Shoulder Mounted Jets. Meanwhile, your claim that they're air or water jets is much, much more baseless. Jets produce thermal energy as they burn. What are you assuming now? That the jets use a frictionless power source that creates no heat? Because thats impossible and would be stated

It is the only source. Airplanes dont rely on air or water, and ive already proved why it cant be those sorts of jets. It literally is the only one that makes sense

All energy transfers create heat. Jets require a lot of power, and therefore more burning of fuel is needed. Its a literal concept that revolves around heat. Please tell me why your idea of a heatless transfer is just as baseful as my idea to base it what the quirk is based off?

High-End has won anyway with the latest vote, and now we wait for a grace period.

> Its not up to the mods to decide, its up to Horikoshi

Not in this wiki, and no, quirks are more magic than science, just because they use some science-related names or ideas doesnt mean the implication of that idea will apply to them.

> and includes scientific principles

Which are ignored whenever wanted and therefore you cant say a power is based on science until it actually proves to do so.

> The main point is, you cant say, when this is how quirks like Engine operate, that, unless otherwise stated, the only way a quirk is powered is through the users energy.

No, you cant say that. I proved that quirks can have energy sources other than combustion, and im not insisting on any definitive answer unlike you. Im going with what the story said while you put your headcanon/interpretation/idea as fact.

Quirks aren't magic...and mods cannot decide what quirks are over what the show tells them.

Yes we can...cause magic isn't a thing in MHA. We dont assume magic over science in this verse. Most quirks are literally based off real life things and their compositions, this one being one of them. Are you honestly going to tell me that Creation, or Explosion, are just magic when they have a canon form of how they work to them?

Combustion isnt an energy source, its a process of releasing energy via heat. Which is what jet engines do. Which is what the quirk is based off. When on earth did the story say the quirk relied on an energy source outside of High-End's?

It is you who is saying that High-End instead of an actual existent energy transfer used in jets, is using a completely new type of energy which hasn't been stated or proven. How a jet engine works isn't a headcanon.

> and mods cannot decide what quirks are over what the show tells them.

Thats the thing, the show isnt telling them anything, i repeated myself severaltimes now, there is no indication that heat is produced from the jets, we dont know if it uses combustion, just because you want them to be combustions doesnt mean they are.

> .cause magic isn't a thing in MHA.

You seriously want to go that way? Of course its not a thing, its however in the very same tier of "superpowers do X because of [this something something reason that is fictional and makes no sense scientifically]", so they can as well just be magic.

> Are you honestly going to tell me that Creation, or Explosion, are just magic when they have a canon form of how they work to them?

Are you seriously gonna tell me that Momo ignoring the laws of mass by creating stuff she certainly didnt have as fat cells isnt magic? or bakugo not getting deaf or others suffering from burns/internal injuriys due to them? (and before you get it wrong again, magic in this context means "not actual science").

> When on earth did the story say the quirk relied on an energy source outside of High-End's?

Im not the one insisting on knowing a answer, you are. Im saying we have to little knowledge to say whatever it is or isnt while you insist on knowing it with reasons that dont work since quirks can be anything with no real rule on how they work or what their limitations are.

> It is you who is saying that High-End instead of an actual existent energy transfer used in jets

I will completly stop arguing if you can prove me where it was stated he was actually using actual energy transfer to use his jets, and no, your own opinion on the look of the energy coming from the jets is not evidence.

Sorry but at this point im feeling like im talking to a wall.

Not going to entertain this topic anymore.

Thank you, High-end won anyway.

You don't need confirmation of scientific principles that exist in the series. The series just has its own scientific spin on the quirk (such as the ability to transform lipids), instead of it being magic. Cause it isn't magic.

Essentially being able to fully encase High-End in ice to the point all his cells die or High-End just gets incapped, or using the extent of his fire and manages to burn down the head

Back