• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Doubles: J'zargo and Gash Bell and Kiyomaru Takamine vs. Vindicare Assassin and Chelsea Mamonarge

I don't really know anything about the Vindicare's partnet but I see she has danmaku on her file. That would make the already nigh undodgable vindicare shots even harder to get by, and those bullets are definitely killing what they hit. Shield Breakers negate magical defenses and the other two are just nasty.

Vindicare and Chelsea have pretty good synergy.

Vindicare can fully go on distance and pick the people off, while Chelsea keeps them busy with spam.

Neither J'zargo nor Gash Bell and Kiyomaru can fly, meaning Chelsea can comfortably stay several meters above their heads, while having swords rotate around her for defence, covering the entire floor in fire and making fireballs and explosive snow rain from the sky.

With her elixirs she can endure a few hits and with wrath of god she can get some guaranteed damage in.

J'zargo and Gash Bell will be way too busy with that to stop Vindicare from giving them surprise shots. (btw. kinda ironic that they are paired, cause in Chelsea's boss fight there canonically is a one shot sniper as well)

Edit: Oh, and Chelsea is a protagonist in a game with bullet hell bossfights, so she can dodge well.

Wrong assassin keeweed

To be fair, if they use metal for their weapons, Jikerudo would strip the opponents of their weapons with its electromagnetic properties while also paralyzing one of them.

Rashirudo can protect one side of them from the non magic negating shots, and reflect those back at them with more power than that with which they were originally fired with.

Kiyomaru would likely deduce the Vindicare's position after one or two shots due to his intelligence. And would likely use Zakeru and Zakeruga to try to flush him out. And Bao Zakeruga can potentially one shot one of them if they have less AP than Gash. And deal considerable damage if they don't.

J'zargo seems to bring versatility to the table, but I'm not really sure what specifically the guy can do aside from help protect Kiyo. He also has paralysis inducement but I'm not really sure how it works.

J'zargo has wards which block magic. And the paralysis can be a projectile or a rune on the ground.

Thank you.

Honestly, Kiyomaru's intelligence is really not to be underestimated here. Gash, iirc, has dealt with flight before by this point. Jikerudo is very effective for essentially defeating Chelsea once she starts spawning out her swords. Being sandwiched between that and another paralysis projectile seems very effective. Also, if Kiyomaru already knows J'zargo's powers, he'll be instantly coming up with plans on the fly. If one target makes themselves known and the other doesn't, he'll be very on guard. Unfortunately, as I'm not very familiar with J'zargo, I can't really say what those plans would be.

As for the magnetic stuff:

• Not all metals are magnetic in the first place
  • The file doesn't specify how strong this pull is
  • Vindicares are more than good enough shots to just instakill when being dragged anyways
  • The machine spirit inhabiting the gun may mess with something like this
  • From what's on the profile I don't see why a VA can't just shoot him dead before the ball is spawned and disappears
As for the magic defenses:

• "Finally, the Vindicare is armed with Shield-breaker shells, which include destabiliser cores capable of blasting through both physical and metaphysical defenses. Even incorporeal foes are not safe, as the runes inscribed on the shell allow it to make contact with the aetheric foes, blasting them into an explosion of dissipating ectoplasm. "-The Profile
VA skill feats are insane as is, only bolstered by their Spy Masks and homing bullets. I don't really think they're gonna miss but I can elaborate here if necessary.

Also reflecting the bullets is gonna be hard, since they can self destruct at will. If a shot gets caught, it's not gonna stick around.

Can you provide some intelligence feats that allow him to find the position of a Vindicare after just one or two shots? Disregarding that one or two shots is legit one or two kills, of course.

Sure, but generally it'd be considered a bit rude to track someone down and derail a thread for it, just so you know.

I honestly don't think it matters if the metal is magnetic or not in Gash's case. It attracts any and all metal. And I'd imagine it would be pretty difficult to shoot if the gun is suddenly wrenched from their hands.

To get an idea for how strong the pull is, there's a video here. Though the effect can vary depending upon how much metal is around. In that instance he was pulled to the metal. In other instances, the metal is pulled towards the opponent. Or both can happen.

Could you elaborate on the machine spirit please.

I'd imagine that the shot and orb of light would appear around the same time. So he could very well shoot one of them dead, though that could be said of probably most in the bracket. It'll depend on whether or not they see them initially. Or how alert Kiyo is. Which is very alert. He's not going to be as bogged down by Chelsea purely because of his intelligence, as well as his partner.

I'm guessing metaphysical defenses includes anything that's not physical? In which case it seems to be a one shot bullet that bypasses everything. Coming from someone with immense skill feats such that they won't miss.

why does no one find this ridiculous

If Gash and Kiyo can avoid a single shot, things will move pretty well in their favor since Kiyo will be very likely to determine the sniper's position and flush them out with a spell or something. If all three get one shot as soon as the match starts as what you seem to be describing, in spite of either shield the two have, I don't really see how it's not a stomp in that case.

Assuming the he can quickly take control of Chelsea's sword would require that he is a good bit stronger than Chelsea's own control over said swords, when in reality they are pretty much equal in strength.

Also, Chelsea can make this swords appear and disappear. Who knows how, but she can. Alternative to summoning swords for protection is summoning fireballs, which also does the job. And with the vermillion rod dodging is pretty much always a possibility, not to mention that she can take plenty of attacks on her own level (and then there are 20 elixirs...).

Also, Chelsea sets the entire floor on fire and Gash is dependent on a book that can be burned... There are problems aside from the constant fire damage to grounded opponents here.

Rashirudo is nice, but only seems to work on one direction, while Chelsea attacks from 3 and Vindicare can attack from an additional one.

And Chelsea has a ladder so all your arguments are invalid

The VA can just hold on to their gun and take the shot as they get dragged along. Or just draw their pistol which is basically just a SBR version of the full rifle and gun them down. If the metal is pulled to the VA the spy mask can quite easily just calc everything's trajectory for them to dodge with ease.

From the video, it looks like the spell took ages to actually go off since that dude just stood there a while, and he was able to stall it a bit by running. As such, I think the shot being taken first is more likely. VAs are better skillwise and processing wise than even Space Marines with hundreds+ years of experience and are in verse rather fast on the draw. Ik that speed is equalized but speed is equalized in a relative manner and relative to other snipers these dudes can aim and shoot real quick or just fire away with the pistol and flashbangs.

This isn't even the most ridiculous stuff for VAs, but it includes stuff such as easily shooting dudes out of jets and rapid fire 100% accuracy headshotting 8 dudes in a row while leaping and jumping around

Well the shield breakers don't negate durability. They'll probably kill here because they can one shot Adeptus Astartes and VA's have amazing aim and can just pinpoint vitals, but they're "just" High 8-C sniper rifle bullets otherwise. The other two types negate durability though.

Finding a Vindicare is gonna be harder than you'd think. OFf the top of my head, a VIndicare once got away with assassinating all the High Lords of Terra (Highest authorities below the Emperor himself, in theory) during what was known as The Beheading, a coup led by the Vindicare Grand Master. They're known for being nigh untraceable like all the non Eversors, to the extent where one legion was forced to attribute losses to "Ork Snipers". When that's considered more plausible than a Vindicare being present, with the Orks being Orks and all, you know your stealth is pretty good.

Chelsea is going to serve as her side's attention grabber with her Flight and Danmaku which should give the Vindicare a comfortable amount of time to set up a position and eliminate Gash and J'zargo with his immense skill and accuracy. It makes it all the more easier for him to land his shots as his targets will be too focused on bringing down the person that spams attacks.

If this comes down to a question of Vindicare skill then yeah they rofl, Danmaku, as said above, sorta clusterfucks this even further.

I'd put my money on the resident Skill-Stomper.

Yeah, I mean I don't really have any arguments here. If the battle starts and all three get headshot, then I mean, there's not really much they can do to actually win.

Back