• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zakeruga is listed as limited durability negation for the reasons Drite gave. It's a piercing attack, and has shown itself capable of bypassing defenses that naturally increase one's durability. In its first usage, it blasted clean through the wings of a demon (whose wings were more durable than the rest of its body) despite the fact that Zakeru did literally nothing to the demon's wings.

That's just regular physics and possibly AP doing its thing though, not explicitly ignoring durability, even in a limited way.

Maybe. I thought attacks that bypassed natural resistances and potentially forcefields had been listed as dura negation on other profiles. That's the main reason I added it there.

Resistances and forcefields can both be bypassed by regular AP, especially if piercing damage is helping.

Ah, alright. I guess I can remove it since it seems to be incorrect. A description of all of his spells is already given in his powers and abilities section.

For the record (and to try to make this thread finish) I'm voting for Kafuru for my reasons above.

This is true, Kiyomaru isn't much of a fighter. But focusing on Kiyo would likely cause her to be hit my spells from a point blank Gash. A rauzarauku could also be used to amp Gash, such that he could literally grab Kafuru and throw her hundreds of meters away.

Also, Kiyo is plenty good at running. With speed equalized, unless Kafuru amps herself, it'll be surprisingly difficult to catch Kiyo. Plus, with his intelligence, he'll likely predict where she'll teleport to.

Kafuru FRA I s'pose.

To add to what DT said, once again, Kafuru is likely to take them to a location that's devoid of much metal. Even if she doesn't, she'd catch on pretty quickly if they were to use Jikerudo that it needs metal to work, so she could always switch the location to a desert or a beach, etc. Her teleportation and summoning Luka from unexpected places to score extra hits could catch them off guard, and her Ninja Arts (see the gifs in her gallery) specialize in overwhelming opponents. Also the feat she scales to is pretty casual so the AP gap shouldn't be too large.

Just realized that Gash has the AP advantage here. So Bao Zakeruga can one shot. If she focuses on Kiyo, which, while not a bad idea, turns her attention away from Gash. And if Kiyo casts Rauzaraku, and she continues to focus on Kiyo, Gash can easily grab her from behind and toss her hundreds of meters away.

After finally watching her gameplay, I can see that her teleportation has a set distance. So Kiyo would definitely be able to predict where she's going given his intelligence. If she can't teleport successively after teleporting to the air, he'd take advantage of that by likely firing off a Bao Zakeruga after predicting her destination. Which I don't think she can do much about.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
To add to what DT said, once again, Kafuru is likely to take them to a location that's devoid of much metal. Even if she doesn't, she'd catch on pretty quickly if they were to use Jikerudo that it needs metal to work, so she could always switch the location to a desert or a beach, etc. Her teleportation and summoning Luka from unexpected places to score extra hits could catch them off guard, and her Ninja Arts (see the gifs in her gallery) specialize in overwhelming opponents. Also the feat she scales to is pretty casual so the AP gap shouldn't be too large.

From the video. She seems to teleport to the same distance in the air each time, whether it be from underground or her reappearing in the air. The distance she can teleport seems to be set. I didn't see her teleporting to the other side of the screen, then right beside an enemy. As far as her teleportation to the air goes, it seems to be set at a few meters above the ground.

But, please do correct me if this isn't the case.

Oh, I see where the confusion is. Her "teleporting in the air" that you see is just an air dash. Her teleportation involves her disappearing into the ground, as I can be seen attempting to pull off here. I just suck at the game and can't remember how to get her to move beyond that point. But the stuff in the air is not her teleportation.

Oh, lol. But her air dash has some clear lag time to it, so I think my point with regards to it should stay the same.

Also, are you sure that's teleportation? She seems to just disappear into the ground and come back out as an attack, not as some form of teleportation. Teleportation should be instant, and it that's notably not.

Also, most of her attacks seem to be long ranged, so Rashirudo can reflect them back at her with an electric shock. And yes, this does work on water attacks, even if it sounds strange.

I just think that for her specifically to focus on Kiyo is pretty bad because Gash is the threat here. Kiyo's intelligence poses an issue, and him becoming the target really would play into his hands since her long range stuffs can be effectively nulled by either a zakeru, or a rashirudo. So he can basically manipulate her into going where he wants her to, and have Gash waiting there to do something. Like throw her a couple hundred meters, lol.

Well normally she'd go into the ground then appear somewhere else in the next instant but again it's been about a year since I played it so I couldn't do it properly. And she wouldn't necessarily focus on Kiyo, especially if he's not the one doing most of the attacking. She's notably more perceptive than most other characters in the series, so if she sees her ranged attacks are being reflected she can rely on Luka, who is invulnerable, as well as her own martial arts prowess that she's been honing since she was toddler.

Looking at the first gif in her gallery, would he be able to reflect all of those homing attacks?

Kafuru - 3 (DontTalk, Arrogant, Bambu)

Gash - 4 (Ricsi, Litentric, Jacky, Xanx)

Luka can be thrown similarly to Kido unless I'm mistaken, lol. Gash will definitely do it if given the chance. And will also likely be shrugging off attacks to do so.

And okay on the teleportation. Seems like, gameplay wise, it's fairly strict. So she pops out immediately with her dolphin. Neat.

I gotcha. Focusing on Gash seems like the best option for her.

Probably not. Homing attacks can go around the shield. But some could either be cancelled out with a Zakeru, shot clean through with a Zakeruga, or if Gash has Rauzaraku up he could kinda just smack them all away and charge towards her.

Though if it proves to be effective, Kiyo can also find a corner to back himself into such that when he casts Rashirudo there's no way for anything to get around it. Unless it's coming from above or directly below. Which granted, she could do with her teleportation. But knowing Kiyo, he would use that as a bait and have Gash fire a Bao Zakeruga at the ground to get her from point blank range if he knows that's her only option to attack from there.

Throwing Luka wouldn't be very effective since she can just summon him back to her again in an instant. Plus while Luka listens to her he's not mindless. While she's busy with Gash she can have Luka keep Kiyo at bay, and he's going to have trouble fighting something that's both invulnerable and extremely mobile. Meanwhile she can just keep spamming homing attacks to get around the shields

Kafuru - 4 (DontTalk, Arrogant, Bambu, Veliox)

Gash - 4 (Ricsi, Litentric, Jacky, Xanx)

Fair enough. Though unless Luka has some special properties, Kiyo can just kinda run from it and keep Gash in his sight. And if she tries to spam her homing attacks while Gash is in her face, Kiyo will likely just instruct him to take her guns from her, which will be hard to prevent if Gash is in Rauzaraku.

Though from the video, her dolphin seems to be more so used in some of her attacks as opposed to something she'll just summon to have it do it's own thing.

Luka is also able to disappear into the ground a pop out elsewhere, which should be somewhere in that video. He can actually do it in rapid succession iirc. With the style of gameplay that SK has, just being able to summon their summons and having them act on their own wouldn't work. But as the anime and OVAs have demonstrated, it is possible for them to do their own thing. If he tries to take her guns away, which will be difficult to pull off at all due to their equal lifting strength, Luka could always just pop out from underneath him real quick and take them back.

If Gash has Rauzaraku active then his LS will be superior. And if he grabs the guns he's likely to just toss them some hundred meters away or so, so that she can't use them.

If there's any high ground Kiyo might take that in order to try to stop things from popping out of the ground. But it's more likely that he would bait it in order to do something, like, say, hit it with a Zakeruga.

Not to mention that Gash also has an exceptional sense of smell. So he might smell their attempts to surprise him, while Kiyo can likely just predict it via sheer intelligence.

If he tosses them away then that's even easier for the dolphin to just retrieve them and bring em back to her within moments. And hitting it with anything isn't exactly going to matter since it's invulnerable.

Taking the high ground is also fruitless since she can use her teleportation and summoning even on rooftops.

I don't see how smelling helps you avoid something smacking you from right below.

How can a dolphin...grab guns? And how would Luka know precisely where the guns went?

I just meant taking the high ground so you can't just poof from the ground. Like if you're on top of a building or something.

I mean, do they lose their scent underground? Kiyo predicting where they come from is likely far more beneficial and likely, granted.

Litentric Teon said:
How can a dolphin...grab guns? And how would Luka know precisely where the guns went?
With his mouth.

Hundreds of meters isn't out of sight.

I just meant taking the high ground so you can't just poof from the ground. Like if you're on top of a building or something.

I know, and she can still summon and telport on the tops of buildings.

I mean, do they lose their scent underground?

As covered in Aang vs Kafuru, they don't go underground. They disappear just like with normal teleportation.

Wild, lol. And it might be in sight if the terrain was flat and had no obstructions, which it's not. Also, if the video where he throws Kido, he does indeed throw him out of sight. There's the little animation like the "Team Rocket is blasting off again" as he goes.

I wasn't saying that she can't summon from on top the building. But if she's only teleported from the ground, then being on top a building means she might not be able to teleport from the ground there since it's hollow underneath. Simply taking a guess at something Kiyo would try out. Also, if this uses her anime self, how often does she teleport in character?

Alright then. I still think Kiyo is going to end up baiting her so that she'll literally teleport into a one shot. Assuming she's not caught on the lag of one of her aerial dashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back