• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Lord of Magic Tournament (2023): Adam (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs Xu Jingming | NEED VOTES !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand what y'all saying

First of all, let's bring in the fact that Xu has 9 layers of Mind manip according to Zara

So how many layers of Mind manip Adam resist, and why?

I still don't understand what y'all saying

First of all, let's bring in the fact that Xu has 9 layers of Mind manip according to Zara

So how many layers of Mind manip Adam resist, and why?
I have covered this multiple times above

And i don't understand either of them so a simple tl:dr will be appreciated
A) Even taking into account the level Xu upscales the kind of mind manip discussed, it’s still not powerful enough to affect Adam

B) At a bare minimum, Adam can affect 20 quintillion beings as well as resist that kind of mind manip compared to Xu’s much lesser billions

Xu doesn't scale to billions...he can have billions of minds (as having independent thoughts per each "mind"). You really didn't read it if that's what you got.

If you take numbers, which is not a potency matter anymore but just layers (since it was changed a long time ago), he scales to how long his range can cover, which is the entire planet. That's why this was change from numbers to layers as numbers are just range (how it was more than a year ago).

Xu doesn't scale to billions...he can have billions of minds (as having independent thoughts per each "mind"). You really didn't read it if that's what you got.

If you take numbers, which is not a potency matter anymore but just layers (since it was changed a long time ago), he scales to how long his range can cover, which is the entire planet.
But can Xu in fact affect every living being on the planet? That’s different. Range doesn’t equate to the number of people

Xu still remains below Adam’s mind hax and resistance very blatantly it seems

He can affect all people within his range, that's something even lower lifeforms can, or even artificially created beings - if its within range, then they can affect.

He can affect all people within his range, that's something even lower lifeforms can, or even artificially created beings - if its within range, then they can affect.
Do you have a scan of this? Can Xu in fact affect as many people as Adam? Because Adam reaches well above 20 trillion

Again, I’d like to stress that Adam is affecting the number of beings listed all at once

I also want a scan from the episode/movie for this. You kept asking for scans but never posted something yourself...even if you could have looked at the profile for all I've posted. The mental impact radiates outward. Someone who was just level 6 could affect an entire battlefield. Beings on his level can affect an entire planet. Then you have all the scans I've posted above.

Still, in the end, numbers don't matter but just layers. If you have a problem with it change it again to numbers.

I also want a scan from the episode/movie for this. You kept asking for scans but never posted something yourself...even if you could have looked at the profile for all I've posted. The mental impact radiates outward. Someone who was just level 6 could affect an entire battlefield. Beings on his level can affect an entire planet. Then you have all the scans I've posted above.
The scan is essentially is the End of Evangelion movie….we literally see the Anti-A.T. Field do it all at once….Also, I literally did link a scan above regarding something, so don’t try and turn this into me showing you nothing. I even referenced it again when you were confused about normal A.T. Field resistances

Also, this scan only shows hax affecting all human life. The scan you linked even said everything else on the planet is normal except for the humans. It’s definitely not as effective That’s still lower than all living beings, ergo, far inferior to Adam’s hax here.

And again, numbers or layers, the scans you provided, even considering the ups a long in mind hax, really wouldn’t pose a threat to Adam

I would like to stop repeating myself

I don't get it, why are we talking about the number of people affected? We've long since discarded the idea of numbers = potency for mind hax and stuff, unless Evangelion specifically states that higher number = stronger potency.

I don't get it, why are we talking about the number of people affected? We've long since discarded the idea of numbers = potency for mind hax and stuff, unless Evangelion specifically states that higher number = stronger potency.
Xu can have a billion minds apparently, and Adam can affect well over 20 trillion minds at once

Cool? What's the point of even mentioning it if Xu just resists the mind hax?

Also, care to tell me why exactly Xu's mind hax won't work on Adam's?

You say, you want to stop repeating yourself but you keep insisting on numbers when numbers aren't above layers anymore since it was changed more than a year ago. I mentioned this multiple times.

Xu can resist to beings who can affect lifeforms of his level. This is a recurring thing as his level (1 to 8) and lifeform increase (planetary lifeform to perfect cosmic lifeform (3 stages)).

Sincerely this will be my last post on this subject. Layers > Numbers since a year or more ago. If you have a problem with it, make a thread.

Adam has no way of affecting Xu's mind, but like I've said multiple times his soul will be affected which is the advantage I;ve given to him. Adam also doesn't have power nullification as power in the Power & Abilities section so he doesn't have such a thing on the profile - making it useless till a change is applied.

You say, you want to stop repeating yourself but you keep insisting on numbers when numbers aren't above layers anymore since it was changed more than a year ago. I mentioned this multiple times.
I don’t “keep insisting” on it. That’s straight up false. I was going over the point on trillions of minds at once given the ability Xu has to have billions of minds active. It was literally relevant to the battle. I’m not using outdated standards here. I never said numbers = potency

Xu can resist to beings who can affect lifeforms of his level. This is a recurring thing as his level (1 to 8) and lifeform increase (planetary lifeform to perfect cosmic lifeform (3 stages)).
Yes, you’ve said that quite a few times already
Sincerely this will be my last post on this subject. Layers > Numbers since a year or more ago. If you have a problem with it, make a thread.
Again. I never said number are greater than layers. You’re making false accusations here and I’d like you to not jumble up my words please

Adam has no way of affecting Xu's mind, but like I've said multiple times his soul will be affected which is the advantage I;ve given to him. Adam also doesn't have power nullification as power in the Power & Abilities section so he doesn't have such a thing on the profile - making it useless till a change is applied.
Xu’s still not getting past the soul manip and durability negation that’s passively activated at the start of the fight (and I’ve gone over about a hundred times by now). He’s still gonna get hit by that at the very start of the fight and can’t recover from it

I don’t know where the misconception that I was using the old, outdated “numbers = potency” method came from. Seriously, I only mentioned numbers because it was specifically relevant to this fight.

I don’t know where the misconception that I was using the old, outdated “numbers = potency” method came from. Seriously, I only mentioned numbers because it was specifically relevant to this fight.
And why is it relevant? When you mention Adam's mind manip is much greater because he can affect more people than Xu, it means from your wording, his mind manip has more potency

And why is it relevant? When you mention Adam's mind manip is much greater because he can affect more people than Xu, it means from your wording, his mind manip has more potency
??????

Again, people are making misconceptions about my statements. I brought up the amount of people Adam can affect at once in reference to Xu having billions of minds. You're misinterpreting what I am saying. I am not saying numbers = potency

Can we stop going in circles please?

??????

Again, people are making misconceptions about my statements. I brought up the amount of people Adam can affect at once in reference to Xu having billions of minds. You're misinterpreting what I am saying. I am not saying numbers = potency

Can we stop going in circles please?
okay, let's say if Xu didn't have mind manip resistance, then Adam could affect him

but he have it, and so, does Adam can mind hax him?

also, since Adam's first move is A.T field thingy and Xu's first move is mind manip, I'll go for incon

okay, let's say if Xu didn't have mind manip resistance, then Adam could affect him

but he have it, and so, does Adam can mind hax him?

also, since Adam's first move is A.T field thingy and Xu's first move is mind manip, I'll go for incon
His first move is the Anti-A.T. Field, not the regular A.T. Field. Though I have a feeling that’s what you were referring to

Above I discussed that Adam’s soul manip and durability negation are what’s gonna be the most effective on Xu here since Xu can’t resist those

His first move is the Anti-A.T. Field, not the regular A.T. Field. Though I have a feeling that’s what you were referring to

Above I discussed that Adam’s soul manip and durability negation are what’s gonna be the most effective on Xu here since Xu can’t resist those
okay, then is it thought based? and I reckon it's AOE?

okay, then if Xu's first move is mind hax, is it thought based too?

Alright now that the issue has been cleared. Need one more vote for Adam unless there really is something else left to be discussed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back