• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then changes the wording and retract the OP vote if you wanted people to think so.

Also, call people who really knows what Yakagi can do to make this looks less...spity.

I've always heard it, I'm not even sure if it's on the versus thread rules page, might even be an "unspoken rule".

But what's the situation? What makes this any different? I'm drawing a blank here so I barely know what's going on honestly. If anything I doubt it's a spite thread, but it's a thread for "that" purpose.

People where discussing who should take 5th place in the top 5 thread and it was requested that someone made the match. OP kindly obliged and pretty clearly indicates he has no bias one way or the other and purely wants to discuss who wins for said thread. The fact that he voted can be considered questionable but I don't think anyone has any intentions of adding the match so...

The wording of the first scentence is pretty clearly for entertainment purposes...

Sera EX said:
I've always heard it, I'm not even sure if it's on the versus thread rules page, might even be an "unspoken rule".

But what's the situation? What makes this any different? I'm drawing a blank here so I barely know what's going on honestly. If anything I doubt it's a spite thread, but it's a thread for "that" purpose.
In the top five strongest characters for every tier thread, Yakagi got in before HA DIO did, people questioned whether Yakagi should be there, it was agreed to make a match, most people thought Dio would win but the match needed to be made anyway, so Tactical made it.

It's different because it doesn't really matter who the OP is since no one person decided who the combatants were, the OP has no stake in the thread so it shouldn't matter if they vote/who they vote for.

If an unspoken rule doesn't allow this then that unspoken rule shouldn't exist.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
The wording he used doesn't indicating that tho.
Can you not tell what a joke is? Do you know that people put jokes into their vs thread situations sometimes?

TacticalNuke002 said:
Note: Since this is to decide a spot in a list, I have no personal stake in this match and should be able to vote.
I am voting HAD due to time stop and Reality Overwrite.
Yes it did.

It's a joke. Tactical is implying Dio is incredibly arrogant and setting the scene for the match. He clearly indicates he didn't make the match for his own purposes...why is this even being discussed.

Agnaa said:
Beast Zero Gudako said:
The wording he used doesn't indicating that tho.
Can you not tell what a joke is? Do you know that people put jokes into their vs thread situations sometimes?
The joke is supposed to be funny, not something that can lead into something like this. So no, that is not a joke.

Also, call someone who knows Yakagi if you wanted make it less suspicious.

Considering this match up won't be added and it will just decide some stupid abritrary spot on a dumb thread on the general forums. Can we just close this and ask Celestial Pegasus to post in the top 5 thread if he disagree's?

This is just pointless drama

I have asked Celestial Pegasus to comment, who is the only listed knowledgeable member.

Note: Bringing up unspoken rules will not take you far irl, just in case you decide to pull this stunt in real life.

If there really is something like this, it should just be an actual rule instead of an unspoken rule. Its like that 5x AP gap = AP stomp rule which wasn't an actual rule and was followed blindly for years.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
The joke is supposed to be funny, not something that can lead into something like this. So no, that is not a joke.

Also, call someone who knows Yakagi if you wanted make it less suspicious.
It only lead into something like this because you misinterpreted it and refuse to drop an unspoken rule when it shouldn't apply.

@Agnaa

Yeah I never understood that rule myself. I don't think one vote matters when you need seven to consider it done. Maybe a more experienced member than even myself knows where it came from.

Dio almost never uses Time-Stop in EoH, and when he does, it's only to teleport around and to shoot lightning bolts.

He never uses it in the cutscenes, like, not even once.

In gameplay, where he actually uses it, it's only for mobility.

The best you could argue is that he decided not to use it both because of cockiness and because of having at least some level of prior knowledge in the Jojos, but saying that he relies on time-stop as much as his canon self is definitely not correct.

There's still Reality Overwrite

RO needs for TWoH /(or maybe even just for Dio) to touch the target.

For Mindhax and Soul hax, he needs to send some sort of black energy and make it touch the target or to touch him with TWoH.

Though if Yugaki's abilities are based on projectile-like attacks, then Dio can overwrite them away via touch.

Back