• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heat Miser/Snow Miser Feats

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
I was a huge fan of The Year without a Santa Claus as a kid. When I looked up my favorite two characters, Heat and Snow Miser, I was pretty shocked at the ratings but then dismissed myself with "well, I guess I didn't really pay attention to the feats".

After some thought, there is a number of issues with the calc for their AP and their speed.

I'll start with speed, which has the most blatant issues.

For one, it claims he's dancing around natural light, but honestly that's not how the scene is portrayed. I feel like it can be perceived as that because of the style of animation; in stop motion you can't really portray a moving beam of light at realistic light speeds because real light would hit the target before a single frame passes, making it look like a weird sort of continuity error. That's why you can compare Heat Miser's speed to the light in the same frame in terms of miniscule pixels, because to properly portray light in the medium you have to slow it down by a ridiculous amount. That and honestly I'd call the feat an outlier; Heat and Snow Miser don't come off as guys who can move around at relativistic speeds.

As for the AP feat, I'm mostly looking for a source to confirm it, specifically when it says he can freeze over the entire planet. I remember him freezing over a large area, but I don't remember it being implied he could cover such a large area. I looked at the thread that mentioned this, but the quote was just saying they each control half the planet, not that Snow Miser could instantly freeze over half the planet at will. Like the best direct statement that we get is that Snow Miser sends blizzards over the Heat Miser's side, which Heat Miser disperses. But... that isn't really a feat with a planetary level of range.

Merry Christmas, though! I want to spiff up the Miser profiles with some better descriptions and links. There's also some newer movies with them in it, although I'm not sure if they're canon.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

>Outlier

Compared to what

I mean, I can agree the calc's questionable, but Outlier is starting to get real overused around these parts

You don't need a plethora of feats to contradict something to call it an outlier, you can just analyze the context. It's like an action movie hero turning on a flashlight while running and you can calc him moving at relativistic speeds because the filmakers wanted the audience to see the light moving. It just dosn't make sense in the context; he's just doing a jig, not trying to dodge an attack or trying to move at fast speeds.

That and my previous points about the style of animation hold. It's common with beams of light in nearly every stop motion picture, I'm not kidding.

Then it's not an outlier, it just doesn't make sense

Which is semantics I guess

We would need to get the feat calculated though.

Back